RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Question | New gadgets/features

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-15, 12:02 PM
BieberNutz
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question | New gadgets/features

For me one of the big appeals of the last gen IS and the new RC / RC F are the electronics and updates to the interior. The question I have is of the new gadgets/features available (things like the touchpad and G-Force and other monitors) how often do you find yourself actually using them vs. showing them off when you introduce someone to the car?

I like gadgets/features as much as the next guy (or girl) but if they only get used once every 6-months to a year (or less) than they can be a tough upsell; for me at least. Thanks in advance.
Old 01-10-15, 12:22 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

interior is a huge upgrade over the 2IS especially the seating and seating position (lower). 2IS seats were not supportive, 3IS/RC seats are much more supportive but more comfortable because of the injection molded foam. The nuluxe also is more grippy than real leather. I found myself sliding around when I drove the 2IS again.
Old 01-10-15, 12:52 PM
Dbcooper13
Pit Crew

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

It is far better than my 2011 ISF was. I like the G Force monitor.

Old 01-10-15, 01:54 PM
BieberNutz
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys - I can certainly appreciate the new gadgets/features for what they are and understand not only how they're a selling point but that they can actually be an improvement and useable; kinda the point behind next gen/releases. I guess my real question is, of these improvements (specifically the tech/gadget type) how often do you find yourselves actually using them? Is it often, enough to warrant the associated cost in upgrade, or only when showing off the car to someone or the occasional use when you remember its there?

I ask because I could see things like the touchpad and G-Force monitor being cool features but also something that might rarely be used; from a functional perspective. I'm certainly not knocking or downplaying the cool factor or trying to say their worthless. Just trying to gauge how often they actually get used - that's all Perfect example, my F has the headlight washer feature which while cool/interesting to see in action rarely gets used. While I've seen the overspray come from them occasionally when pulling the lever to wash my windshield I can honestly say that I've NEVER pushed the designated button that's intended to activate them on their own.

Last edited by BieberNutz; 01-10-15 at 01:58 PM.
Old 01-11-15, 06:15 AM
toyotatom
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I agree with you about the G Force Monitor, if you are pulling 1 or more G's I doubt you have time to look at the gauge and keep your front end aligned at the same time

Originally Posted by BieberNutz
For me one of the big appeals of the last gen IS and the new RC / RC F are the electronics and updates to the interior. The question I have is of the new gadgets/features available (things like the touchpad and G-Force and other monitors) how often do you find yourself actually using them vs. showing them off when you introduce someone to the car?

I like gadgets/features as much as the next guy (or girl) but if they only get used once every 6-months to a year (or less) than they can be a tough upsell; for me at least. Thanks in advance.
Old 01-11-15, 02:12 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

Digital gauges are the big thing. Analog gauges seem so lowsy to me now as digitals are much more pleasant and quicker to read. Drive mode select is a nice feature to have to. When stuck in traffic I just change it to eco. Every little bit helps I guess. When I want to play around I go to Sport+ and M mode.