RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Sat in RC350 F-Sport today for the first time

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-14, 11:07 AM
NewSpace
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Sat in RC350 F-Sport today for the first time

My impressions if I'm being nitpickey...

Not so good
- It's a tight fit. I knew the car was meant to wrap around the driver, as a good performance car should, but it's snug. I'm a little over 6 feet and 175#. With my seat adjusted to the proper driving position, I would be able to fit my two year old behind me in his car seat but certainly not a regular sized person. Not a surprise, but I'm a bit concerned at it feeling cramped without moonroof. Again it's a mixed bag because it feels really like a cockpit, but it's narrow.
- Rear visibility is poor because of c-pillar and mailbox slot rear window.
- Some materials (upper part of door where you would rest your elbow out the window) felt a bit plastic

Good
- Overall look was really sharp. I particularly liked the complexity of the front. Expect the RC F to be even more aggressive. Awesome
- Access to rear seat "isofix" latches for child seats is really good. Looks like the latches are easier to access than in my minivan, because you don't have to squeeze finger between seat cushions
- Seat comfort was excellent. Nuluxe felt good
- Red looked sharp
- Doors were wide and swung open enough to offer easy ingress/egress
- Trunk was decent size
- Trim and finish were excellent

I'm still excited but the reality of the car set in a bit: This is for fun, not practicality.
Old 11-10-14, 05:18 PM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by NewSpace
My impressions if I'm being nitpickey...

Not so good
- It's a tight fit. I knew the car was meant to wrap around the driver, as a good performance car should, but it's snug. I'm a little over 6 feet and 175#. With my seat adjusted to the proper driving position, I would be able to fit my two year old behind me in his car seat but certainly not a regular sized person. Not a surprise, but I'm a bit concerned at it feeling cramped without moonroof. Again it's a mixed bag because it feels really like a cockpit, but it's narrow.
- Rear visibility is poor because of c-pillar and mailbox slot rear window.
- Some materials (upper part of door where you would rest your elbow out the window) felt a bit plastic

Good
- Overall look was really sharp. I particularly liked the complexity of the front. Expect the RC F to be even more aggressive. Awesome
- Access to rear seat "isofix" latches for child seats is really good. Looks like the latches are easier to access than in my minivan, because you don't have to squeeze finger between seat cushions
- Seat comfort was excellent. Nuluxe felt good
- Red looked sharp
- Doors were wide and swung open enough to offer easy ingress/egress
- Trunk was decent size
- Trim and finish were excellent

I'm still excited but the reality of the car set in a bit: This is for fun, not practicality.
Many of the interior materials will be different in the RCF. The exterior will be drastically different.
Yes, this is a toy and not a practical car.

If you think this is cramped, and I did not, get into an Aston Martin. That's cramped.

I own the ISF, and it is quite different from the IS. Expect the same and more from the RCF. It will grown on you. With regard to the RCF 350 Fsport and RCF, you are comparing apples and oranges. You'll see. The Fsport IS NOT an F.
Old 11-10-14, 10:20 PM
aWorkOfArt
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I can totally agree with you on the tight fit, I find myself kicking the door sill on the way out. So I programmed memory seat position #3 to have the seat go all the way back, I just wish it had the ease of access feature like my LX does and the seats go back automatically.
Old 11-11-14, 05:11 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

might not be a good idea to have the seat go back automatically, might crush someone behind you