RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Does the RC (F or otherwise) have the worst resale of any Lexus?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-17, 04:29 PM
Kerune
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

One thing to consider - the Performance Package is $5,500, try to run your car's value with and without the package and see what happens, nearly nothing. Don't let a dealer use an inaccurate book value AND low ball you, it'll take time for these things to level out. The fact that so many of these cars are not stripped out will build value to people comparing 35-45k used cars down the road.

You can't compare an M4 as any M4 comparably priced is lacking a lot of features, I'd be driving a cloth interior, no lighting package with base wheels M4 if I bought one for the price of my RCF. Can you imagine your car not having the F embossed seats AND the triple-beam headlights?? Plus tack on the unlimited mileage warranties coming with CPOs.

Just imagine what happens when people realize 2-3 years down that a 40k M4 with no warranty is the same price as a '15 RCF without the BMW reliability stigma, that alone would play a role in the market when people decide what they're tying their money to. REMEMBER, people here are confident on the value of the RC-F at 60k, I would love to see what people have to say this car lacks when it hits 40k and becomes a very favorable car for the money. Buyers bite and our market will level out.
Old 03-21-17, 05:07 PM
rberthelot
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER
38k is not too much more of what i got for my ISF trade. i got had a trade in offer for current rc-f with 1500 miles at 51k when i was looking at an audi r8 3 months ago. not sure where you are trying to trade your car in but it will vary depending on the dealership and vehicle you are trading for.
I just traded my '15 RCF and fought tooth and nail to get 46.5k for my car with 7k. I think other posters are correct that the value will eventually level off. I got into a '16 M3 6MT and have enjoyed quite a bit. Definitely less "GT like" compared to the RCF.
Old 03-21-17, 05:38 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by rberthelot
I just traded my '15 RCF and fought tooth and nail to get 46.5k for my car with 7k. I think other posters are correct that the value will eventually level off. I got into a '16 M3 6MT and have enjoyed quite a bit. Definitely less "GT like" compared to the RCF.
nice change and upgrade in performance! Was the M3 new? How much did you get them discount on the msrp?
Old 03-21-17, 05:45 PM
rberthelot
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ssmoked
nice change and upgrade in performance! Was the M3 new? How much did you get them discount on the msrp?
Ha. No it was gently used, if there is such a thing with one of these cars. It had 5k miles. Yas Marina Blue, Salkhir Orange interior with exec package and carbon roof. Color isn't for everyone but honestly, I haven't thought much about the RCF since bought the car. Paid 61k out the door.
Attached Thumbnails Does the RC (F or otherwise) have the worst resale of any Lexus?-photo199.jpg   Does the RC (F or otherwise) have the worst resale of any Lexus?-photo239.jpg   Does the RC (F or otherwise) have the worst resale of any Lexus?-photo152.jpg  
Old 03-21-17, 05:53 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Ha. No it was gently used, if there is such a thing with one of these cars. It had 5k miles. Yas Marina Blue, Salkhir Orange interior with exec package and carbon roof. Color isn't for everyone but honestly, I haven't thought much about the RCF since bought the car. Paid 61k out the door.
Nice! That's the color combo I would go with actually. Ever found out why the previous owner returned it with 5k miles?
If you prefer performance more than comfort, M is the way to go. Another forum member, DougHII, also got a M3 after the RCF was wrecked.
You mean 61k minus the rcf tradein?
Old 03-21-17, 06:07 PM
rberthelot
Driver School Candidate

The previous owner was an MD that traded up to a 911 991.2 (I think that's what the sales guy said). Yeah 61k minus my trade in. First time owning a BMW and still learning the quirks
If these cars. I am worried about the long term viability of the car but will deal with at that
Time.
Old 03-21-17, 06:12 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Let the mods begin! So much power potential that I wish the RCF has.

$10 I say you would upgrade before the warrranty expires
Old 03-21-17, 06:22 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 60 Likes on 50 Posts

So IF these cars are depreciating that much would it have been better to Lease it or would that even matter one way or the other?
Old 03-21-17, 06:23 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

Nice!!! It sure will put lots of smiles on your face. Enjoy.

Old 03-21-17, 07:05 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

If it makes any owner feel better, I follow the Tesla page on FB. Now that is depreciation. Most basic trim, rarely anyone builds it that way, starts at 68k and it tops out around 150-160k. Within 2 years, half of the value is lost if traded in for the latest and newest technology (and a lot tree huggers do). Here is the kicker, Tesla does not discount msrp at all...
Old 03-21-17, 07:24 PM
GetKinetic
Lead Lap

Received 111 Likes on 70 Posts

I got into a '16 M3 6MT and have enjoyed quite a bit. Definitely less "GT like" compared to the RCF.
off topic:
What does "GT Like " mean to you?
why is the RCF sometimes called a GT car?

on topic:
I just paid 58k for a 2015 will performance, premium and ML audio packages. It had only 1766 miles. Yup almost new.
I feel like I got a good price when supposedly the og sticker was 79k.
Old 03-21-17, 08:52 PM
MisterEun
Pole Position

Received 88 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by GETKINETIC
off topic:

on topic:
I just paid 58k for a 2015 will performance, premium and ML audio packages. It had only 1766 miles. Yup almost new.
Google is your friend.
"GT most commonly stands for Grand Touring or Gran Turismo. A vehicle given the GT designation by its manufacturer generally means the vehicle is high performance and, unlike a racecar, features an interior built for comfort."

For your reference: (Don't read below if you don't want to hear that you didn't get a good deal)

Another user, IMCHIA, paid 56k in Feb 2016 for a brand new '15 that had an MSRP of 72k.
[Translates to about 61k for something that has an MSRP of 79k, but it was a year ago and once again brand new.]
You can interpret that however you'd like.
Old 03-21-17, 09:17 PM
Deanrcf
Pole Position

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by GETKINETIC
off topic:

on topic:
was that out the door price?
Old 03-21-17, 10:12 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

WOW!! Crazy depreciation indeed. I think the Nissan Leaf is worse?

Originally Posted by ssmoked
If it makes any owner feel better, I follow the Tesla page on FB. Now that is depreciation. Most basic trim, rarely anyone builds it that way, starts at 68k and it tops out around 150-160k. Within 2 years, half of the value is lost if traded in for the latest and newest technology (and a lot tree huggers do). Here is the kicker, Tesla does not discount msrp at all...
Old 03-21-17, 10:14 PM
Kerune
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Deanrcf
was that out the door price?
Would need more details if he answers since he could have wayyy different tax rates than another person.

Quick Reply: Does the RC (F or otherwise) have the worst resale of any Lexus?