RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

NO Burnout? Not Possible?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-16, 11:56 PM
Davew77
Lead Lap

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by LXSDO
One of my favorite videos but I'll direct you to this. Burnout game is strong.

The wing even comes up!

The Pursuit: Lexus RC F x Ken Gushi - YouTube
That video is pimp! I like the end where the RC F is outrunning the jet taking off.

It reminded me of this old 300zx TT commercial from the 90's.

Old 09-18-16, 04:58 PM
StealthFF
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Never had such trouble in the ISF lol...

Yes, always warmed up, Sport +, Expert, and in manual, still like bogged down...

But, I have not held the trac until EXPERT went AWAY I will have to try...something about rolling burnouts that I looove lol....I only get to drive about 3K miles a year so sometimes I love a little smoke and helps roll out. I will try when I get home tomorrow muhahah
Old 09-20-16, 04:49 PM
datrcftho
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have you got it to work for you StealthFF? I had issues with mine initially as well. Expert or non expert mode is a non-issue; what's important is that traction control is off. I ran into similar issues though with the car telling me that I can't depress both gas and brake pedals at the same time or that the surface is too slippery and first gear unavailable. However I found a method finally that allows me to consistently launch into a big smokey burnout!

I scroll to the g-meter screen beside the speedometer and use that to read my pedal pressure. I find too much brake pressure is what shuts the whole thing down. By using that brake pressure monitor I feed in a little bit of brake, then full gas to break the tires loose. Once the tires break loose you can feed in a bit more brake to hold the car back from rolling. If you want to rollout you just release the brake. As you hold the car back the tires spin up, the transmission grabs second gear and you have your tires going up in smoke! Maybe one of these days I'll upload my video from when I shot my own burnout down in Mexico LOL.
Old 09-21-16, 05:37 AM
StealthFF
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Datrcftho, sorry for delay.. Yes I finally got it to work better, but yes unlike the ISF before the whole break pedal issue lexus had it makes it harder to control the burnout in motion..ofcoarse I can tire spinning rollout, bu the newer roads and high road temps make the rcf grab and bite hard not helping me want to get it loose. I will utilize the g meter to see how much brake pressure I will need to compensate. Thanks for info
Old 12-05-16, 11:02 AM
925drew
Driver School Candidate

Cool

I have 15 non RCF and burnouts are hit or miss with mine. Unnamed mode doesn't make a difference nor does having it in manual mode. I've done multiple tests and tracked the car. I just leave it in sport+ with trac/vdc off. I have noticed when it's colder and if there is any sort of moisture on the road the "rolling" burnouts are much easier. Left foot on brake, punch the gas and left off and a nice burnout ensues. This car will NOT do a standing burnout. If it's hot out the car rarely brakes loose. It will either bog down or shift up to second or third with minimal wheelspin. Very frustrating considering I just lit it up no problem in my rental car Q50. I do think brake input may have something to do with our problem but yet to find that sweet spot on hot days. Another thing I've noticed at the drag strip and street of you try to brake boost your launch the car will put you into 2nd gear and not let you go back to first. Also when you to get a good start when the car detects your wheels slip it will granny shift you into second killing your time and the perfect launch you worked so hard to get. I work for the Lexus and have been trying to figure a way to disengage this somehow but no luck so far...
Old 12-05-16, 11:28 AM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by ISF001
We all know the RC F burns out.

Here you go:

1. Put the F in manual.
2. Select Sport+.
3. Select Expert mode.
4. Hold down the Traction button for 3 seconds until the Expert light goes out. You are now in Happy Mode.
5. Get out the extinguisher.
This is the only way I can do a burn out, it is 100% accurate and works every time.

The catch is the car has to be in manual mode before you go into expert mode.

The other thing is the big *** rear brakes make it a struggle, so you have to make sure you are very light and feathery on the brake pedal.
The following users liked this post:
blurcf (05-26-17)
Old 12-05-16, 11:35 AM
925drew
Driver School Candidate

mjeds, I've legit tried every combo except manual mode first. I'll be back soon. Time to go burn some rubber (hopefully) and report back.
Old 12-11-16, 06:59 PM
cosmo1
Pole Position

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

mjeds is exactly correct, it worked perfect for me when I did it...
Thanks
Old 12-11-16, 08:26 PM
925drew
Driver School Candidate

Do you guys have TVD? Tried this earller in my non TVD and the second it broke loose it's just shifted into second and bogged down.
Old 12-12-16, 04:49 AM
cosmo1
Pole Position

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

How would I know if I had TVD?
Old 12-12-16, 08:35 AM
paulwall4
Lead Lap

Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by cosmo1
How would I know if I had TVD?
if you you have tvd the button should be next to your traction control button
Old 12-12-16, 09:01 AM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by 925drew
Do you guys have TVD? Tried this earller in my non TVD and the second it broke loose it's just shifted into second and bogged down.
if you are in manual mode and sport+ plus expert mode, then it should not shift on it's own, it should hold the gear or go into limp mode.

you CANNOT do a power brake burnout in "D" aka auto mode. the computer is set to kill the spark and go into limp mode if the gas and brake pedals are pressed together in any mode other than:

Manual
Sport+
Expert.
Old 12-12-16, 09:49 AM
BigRick82
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Freaking ROASTS the tires now and bangs 2nd gear rev limiter quick if you don't shift out. Big difference.... now when trying to race in expert mode if I forget to paddle 2-3 it just bangs the rev limiter, now i know to manual shift.
Old 12-28-16, 08:51 AM
BluByYou
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ISF001
We all know the RC F burns out.

Here you go:

1. Put the F in manual.
2. Select Sport+.
3. Select Expert mode.
4. Hold down the Traction button for 3 seconds until the Expert light goes out. You are now in Happy Mode.
5. Get out the extinguisher.

Thanks this works perfectly !!!