RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

SCCA Track Night ate a E90 6/8

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-16, 08:29 PM
RCFormante
Supercharged!

Received 61 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Deanrcf
Great job!!! I always said that the RCF and M3/M4 performance is so close that only the best drivers can extract the latter's advantage. I am curious to know your thoughts on the RSR coilovers. What are your settings?
RSR coilovers are pretty solid, had them since on Feb. 5 from hard in the front and 15 from hard in the rear.

Session 3 is up with PiP! Enjoy!
Old 06-10-16, 08:12 AM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by RCF500

Thanks Doug! Trying to improve myself everytime I am at the track, speed comes with smoothness!
Lines looked good and you are doing very well. If you don't mind me saying and I am not being critical whatsoever . . . it may be traffic or new track related, but focus on making throttle inputs smoother in turns and carrying more speed through the turns by staying throttle on with a steady maintenance throttle to keep the car balanced.

Brake later and harder, turn in and immediately go back on just enough throttle to maintain balance and speed when initially front grips and hold throttle without modulation until apex. Throttle after apex depends radius.

If balanced and near the limits, you can control arc and grip when necessary with very tiny throttle inputs, but shoot for having a very constant engine pitch that gradually increases as you approach or pass the apex. The natural inclination is to go off throttle when staying a steady throttle actually increasing car stability and car control.

You are doing a double apex in the carousel. Try a single apex carrying more speed and see what your exit speeds are.

Sorry . . . just the instructor in me cannot remain caged . . .

Did the Bimmer guy have an instructor . . . He should not be out there solo. I certainly would never sign someone off that is that clueless about very basics such as the LINE AROUND THE TRACK. Danger to himself and others.
Old 06-10-16, 09:58 AM
RCFormante
Supercharged!

Received 61 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by DougHII
Lines looked good and you are doing very well. If you don't mind me saying and I am not being critical whatsoever . . . it may be traffic or new track related, but focus on making throttle inputs smoother in turns and carrying more speed through the turns by staying throttle on with a steady maintenance throttle to keep the car balanced.

Brake later and harder, turn in and immediately go back on just enough throttle to maintain balance and speed when initially front grips and hold throttle without modulation until apex. Throttle after apex depends radius.

If balanced and near the limits, you can control arc and grip when necessary with very tiny throttle inputs, but shoot for having a very constant engine pitch that gradually increases as you approach or pass the apex. The natural inclination is to go off throttle when staying a steady throttle actually increasing car stability and car control.

You are doing a double apex in the carousel. Try a single apex carrying more speed and see what your exit speeds are.

Sorry . . . just the instructor in me cannot remain caged . . .

Did the Bimmer guy have an instructor . . . He should not be out there solo. I certainly would never sign someone off that is that clueless about very basics such as the LINE AROUND THE TRACK. Danger to himself and others.
No problem, thanks for the info! It's not a HPDE event lol, so no instructors at all. You have 3 groups for the SCCA track night, novice, intermediate, and advanced. This is my 5th-6th time total going on to the track, so I went with intermediate and continuously trying to improve myself each time!

BTW that 335i near the end of the session 3 video was tuned and was pushing 400 whp.
Old 06-11-16, 07:10 PM
ExSrAaron
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice videos RC, keep em coming!

I'm still faster than you in my IS350 at Pitt tho
Old 06-18-16, 12:38 PM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

nice run!!!