RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

2017 RCF Changes?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-16, 07:47 AM
Deanrcf
Pole Position

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

The biggest thing on my list is adjustable dampers like everyone else in this segment
Old 06-23-16, 07:48 AM
keithS
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, I have a heated steering wheel in my RC F.

Originally Posted by JT2MA71
Isn't this already available as part of the optional Weather package?
Old 06-23-16, 06:54 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

wouldnt be surprised if it got the same interior treatment as the 17 IS since they are similar interiors
Old 06-26-16, 05:17 PM
AshyAnklez
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It would be nice if it came with dampening control, cooled seats (ventilated seats are a joke), 360 view camera, bigger screen, and HUD. Folding mirrors like that also. If it had these features I would be all over this car and finally I could finally let Bimmer go. I want to get rid of the IS F but need more features in the RC F before I trade in.

****!!!!! How could I forget TOPLESS BABY That would be the perfect F for me.
Old 06-27-16, 04:11 PM
SRC350F
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by AshyAnklez
It would be nice if it came with dampening control, cooled seats (ventilated seats are a joke), 360 view camera, bigger screen, and HUD. Folding mirrors like that also. If it had these features I would be all over this car and finally I could finally let Bimmer go. I want to get rid of the IS F but need more features in the RC F before I trade in.

****!!!!! How could I forget TOPLESS BABY That would be the perfect F for me.
I feel as though the LC 500 would have these options?
Old 06-28-16, 02:10 PM
Afrosheen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by AshyAnklez
It would be nice if it came with dampening control, cooled seats (ventilated seats are a joke), 360 view camera, bigger screen, and HUD..
I found the GS's ventilated seats to be much better than the RC's. Not sure why, if it's fan size or what. Also the GSF seems to have a lot of what you're looking for.
Old 06-30-16, 02:25 PM
jezwashere
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Afrosheen
I found the GS's ventilated seats to be much better than the RC's. Not sure why, if it's fan size or what. Also the GSF seems to have a lot of what you're looking for.
Except it's a sedan
Old 07-01-16, 05:35 AM
lexusnutt
Intermediate

Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Fysisist
This is more along the lines of pet peeves with the interior, but here is what I wish they would change:
1. Get rid of the big drive mode **** and integrate that into the shift lever, maybe with a trigger style button that cycles through S, S+, Normal, then Eco if toggled the other direction or something along those lines.
Couldn't agree more. The location is terrible as you have to reach over the shift lever.

2. I detest the temp slider controls, replace with *****.
Was very unintuitive at first but actually prefer it as a quick swipe or touch achieves what I want.

3. The turn signal lever - the three blink feature is irritating because it's sort of hard to get the feel for how far to push the lever to get the lane change vs the full turn mode. I think this is a toyota thing however.
A quick hit is momentary, full depress leaves it on. How else would you change it? I'm fine with it not to mention the momentary is programmable.
Old 07-03-16, 05:43 PM
Afrosheen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by jezwashere
Except it's a sedan
Haha, fair enough, but the GSF is also lighter. And the HUD man, think of the HUD!
Old 07-04-16, 08:36 AM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Afrosheen
Except that the GSF appears to be homely looking sedan that a Ricer threw a bunch of fiberglass body panels on . . . Its is just a flat awkward looking, over priced, under powered high performance sedan wanna be.

How much does a GSF list for? Anyone in this market would quickly opt for even a 550 or 650 gran sport or a CLS 550 in regular trim. The GSF then fails miserably when compared to the true performance sedans M5, M6, AMGs, ATS V . . .

The RC F looks and feels the part. I can honestly say that it gets way more thumbs up and compliments than our 911 convertible and the Porsche turbos I used to drive. Perhaps it because the orange really pops, I dunno but the feedback is tremendously positive on the street about the RCF and the RC F has incredible performance , daily drivability and creature comforts for the price and especially for what they are selling for.

A bigger screen would be nice and so would stronger seat cooling folding mirrors and all of that stuff, but seriously . . . Its a sports car and who care about folding mirrors, butt warmers and big screen TVs . . .

I would prefer stripping all of this seat cooling, seat heating and anything else focused on creature comforts in favor of a weight reduction and more torque.

The RC F is the pinnacle of a NA sports car with daily drivability, but even Porsche has succumbed to the realization that forced induction is the way of the future to compete. The new 911s with forced induction are selling for about 2 to 3 times the price of the RC F making the RC F an even more attractive option and do we really need any more power or performance on the street?
Old 07-04-16, 11:24 AM
lexusnutt
Intermediate

Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

Spot on summary DougHIi.

I also agree with the creature comforts. If I recall, the Viper never had a radio when it first came out.

True muscle.
Old 07-04-16, 11:38 AM
Waymok
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

the update for the Canadian just came up, only thing with the RCF is painted orange callipers like the GSF, and RC is just some colour changes for. Solar Flare ( Molten Pearl) is no longer available in the RC300s.

Another year before we'll find what we like in the updates! Pretty Certain at least the screen update and the Lexus Safety System + will be in the 2018 model. Someone mentioned that the RC's will be the last one to have the update.
Old 07-04-16, 06:48 PM
Slash300zx
Instructor

Received 107 Likes on 52 Posts

Alright if Canada got some update info already then it shouldn't be long before the US gets some info too...

Anyways, I disagree about the sports cars not needing the comfort features... at least not when it comes to Lexus. Lexus is a luxury brand not a racing or solely sports or even regular brand so most people expect to have some kind of luxury. If it were under the Toyota name then I could understand not having the luxury but if I'm paying 70k for a luxury sports car, I want it to have luxury! otherwise I would just go with other cars out there that have even better performance for less price. It's the whole package that makes the RC-F so good, performance and luxury... I care very much about the folding mirrors for example because of the place I live in... South Florida! people are a bunch of mother fudgin' a-holes who don't care about other people's properties so while parked at a mall or parking lot, they will open their door, smack your mirrors and walk away like it's normal. Also the cooling seats because it's an oven in this place as well... see, little things that makes the car more desirable
Old 07-04-16, 07:22 PM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

This is more along the lines of pet peeves with the interior, but here is what I wish they would change:
1. Get rid of the big drive mode **** and integrate that into the shift lever, maybe with a trigger style button that cycles through S, S+, Normal, then Eco if toggled the other direction or something along those lines.
2. I detest the temp slider controls, replace with *****.
3. The turn signal lever - the three blink feature is irritating because it's sort of hard to get the feel for how far to push the lever to get the lane change vs the full turn mode. I think this is a toyota thing however.

I would be happy to get the folding mirrors, also.
think a change in the instrument panel display would be good. I saw some graphics of the LFA display I wish they would have gone with that design.

the drive mode **** doesn't bother me,

but your #2 and #3 are dead on for me.. I do not like the sliders at all, nor do a I care for the bounce back feature of the turn signal, I prefer the old way that when you want the lane change option it is a momentary, but when you want a turn signal it is a lock in place switch.

my other big complaints are the lack of auto folding mirrors and the lack of a seat retract when exiting option.
Old 07-05-16, 06:53 AM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Slash300zx
Alright if Canada got some update info already then it shouldn't be long before the US gets some info too...

Anyways, I disagree about the sports cars not needing the comfort features... at least not when it comes to Lexus. Lexus is a luxury brand not a racing or solely sports or even regular brand so most people expect to have some kind of luxury. If it were under the Toyota name then I could understand not having the luxury but if I'm paying 70k for a luxury sports car, I want it to have luxury! otherwise I would just go with other cars out there that have even better performance for less price. It's the whole package that makes the RC-F so good, performance and luxury... I care very much about the folding mirrors for example because of the place I live in... South Florida! people are a bunch of mother fudgin' a-holes who don't care about other people's properties so while parked at a mall or parking lot, they will open their door, smack your mirrors and walk away like it's normal. Also the cooling seats because it's an oven in this place as well... see, little things that makes the car more desirable
What other cars with better performance for less price? I suppose this is the difference between the Mexus market and the performance market and perhaps why the RCF failed to pull buys from the performance market. A 200 pound lighter RC F with less bells and whistles could have made all the difference in the world in how it got reviewed and sold out of the gate. But alas, Lexus focused more in its typical Lexus customer, many of whom sit will sit on the sidelines, and built a car that cannot pull the performance, numbers of paper driven sports coupe junkies that actually are willing to drop the $$$ to make a purchase in this market. People serious (I emphasize the word serious) about a car in this market won't passing it because it doesn't have folding mirrors or the seat ventilation isn't strong enough.

But I am curious what attractive alternatives there are that are cheaper than low $60k and have better performance since you can pick up a RC F at that price.

Quick Reply: 2017 RCF Changes?