RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Anyone have trouble unlocking the doors with handle or remote?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-16, 07:22 AM
toystry
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Anyone have trouble unlocking the doors with handle or remote?

I've owned my F for almost a year now and in the year I've owned it I've have three times where the doors won't open using the handle or remote to unlock the door.

The only way I've been able to gain access inside is to roll the windows down using the remote control, then open the door handle from the inside.

Has anyone else had this problem? If so, did you take it in to get fixed and what was the problem?
Old 05-22-16, 01:32 PM
Deanrcf
Pole Position

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

It might not be the Lexus at all. Where u in a certain place when this happened
Old 05-22-16, 05:32 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

Hummmm.........maybe near some military base with all that radio waves interference?

Are you having any trouble starting the car once you are INSIDE the car?

If the trouble is only limited while you are outside of the car, then there is some type of radio wave interference?

Or the battery in the remote is weak?

I was told by the Lexus dealer that if the remote battery ever dies you can still pull the key blade out of the remote and use it to manually open the door . Once you are inside, just hold the remote right next to the START button for a few seconds and press the START button with foot on the brake as usual and the engine should start up just fine.

Originally Posted by Deanrcf
Old 05-22-16, 05:42 PM
AussieISF
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This has happened to me as well. I'm not sure what it is. When it happens, the driver's door won't unlock, I have to go through the passenger side to unlock the driver's door from the inside.
Old 05-23-16, 07:02 AM
toystry
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Deanrcf
Nope, no where specific.

Originally Posted by lexusrus
Hummmm.........maybe near some military base with all that radio waves interference?

Are you having any trouble starting the car once you are INSIDE the car?

If the trouble is only limited while you are outside of the car, then there is some type of radio wave interference?

Or the battery in the remote is weak?

I was told by the Lexus dealer that if the remote battery ever dies you can still pull the key blade out of the remote and use it to manually open the door . Once you are inside, just hold the remote right next to the START button for a few seconds and press the START button with foot on the brake as usual and the engine should start up just fine.
Never happened on base, battery shouldn't be dead, I've only had the car less than a year and only have 6000miles on it. And no problems starting the car once I roll down the windows.

Originally Posted by AussieISF
This has happened to me as well. I'm not sure what it is. When it happens, the driver's door won't unlock, I have to go through the passenger side to unlock the driver's door from the inside.
Never tried the other doors but when I try to unlock it with the remote, you can hear the gas cap lock actuator thumping which was odd.
Old 05-23-16, 09:16 AM
Deanrcf
Pole Position

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by toystry
Nope, no where specific.

Never happened on base, battery shouldn't be dead, I've only had the car less than a year and only have 6000miles on it. And no problems starting the car once I roll down the windows.

Never tried the other doors but when I try to unlock it with the remote, you can hear the gas cap lock actuator thumping which was odd.

Ok then. I had problems with my Infiniti FOB when I got "preferred" parking at my last command. I pretty much figured it was RF interference. Still could be the case. You never know the tech that's in the wrong hands
Old 05-24-16, 06:32 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 290 Likes on 211 Posts

No issues with mine. You probably know this though just in case... your phone can interfere with the fob's signal if both are in proximity.
Old 05-24-16, 07:53 PM
stoomac
Rookie

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Yep

This happened to me as well, I suspected it had something to do with Enform. I tried to lock the doors remotely but got a failed to process message. When I went to the car I couldn't unlock the door with the remote or handle, but could go in through the passenger side and unlock the door manually to get in. Has only happened once so far.
Old 05-24-16, 07:57 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

toy, let us know if you ever find out what the problem is, have you contacted the dealer to see if this has ever been a problem with other RCF owners.
Old 05-25-16, 11:17 AM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

Yes, I found this to be true.

This is even more true if you have wifi turned on with your smart phone.

I sometimes forget I had my key fob and my smart phone in the same pocket and when I pull on the door handle nothing happens. Separate the two, all works afterwards.

Also I found if the wifi is on with my phone and after the car had already started, I get KEY NOT DETECTED error message MFD screen on dash. I just turn off the wifi on the phone and separate the phone from the key fob, all good to go.

Hope this helps.

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
No issues with mine. You probably know this though just in case... your phone can interfere with the fob's signal if both are in proximity.
Old 05-25-16, 12:12 PM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

I remember a few months ago there was a few 3IS owners having issues with the door lock actuators, specially in the driver's door. Sounds fairly similar to what you're describing. Try to do a search in the 3IS forum.
Old 05-25-16, 05:49 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by toystry
I've owned my F for almost a year now and in the year I've owned it I've have three times where the doors won't open using the handle or remote to unlock the door.

The only way I've been able to gain access inside is to roll the windows down using the remote control, then open the door handle from the inside.

Has anyone else had this problem? If so, did you take it in to get fixed and what was the problem?
How can you get the remote control to roll the windows down if it's locked from the outside
Old 05-26-16, 10:31 AM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by johnnyreb
How can you get the remote control to roll the windows down if it's locked from the outside
You can have the dealer activate this feature, one of the many features on the customization list. Hold the unlock button until you see windows going down to the position you want.