RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

How much are the RC F's trading in for?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-16, 07:05 AM
Santanas
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much are the RC F's trading in for?

Hi there, would like to know if anyone have been able to check (thru Carmax or dealerships) about how much are the RC F trading in for? Also how much are they selling them at the auction for?
Old 04-07-16, 10:04 AM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

depends on the area, but $50k - $55k is what I have seen here on the forum.
Old 04-09-16, 02:13 AM
JaponesV8
Driver

I've seen around $52k so mjeds sounds about right.

That being said, they're not selling right now for $54k locally with 10k miles so who knows what it will look like in 12 months. Too much high HP competition out there.
Old 04-09-16, 09:53 AM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by JaponesV8
I've seen around $52k so mjeds sounds about right.

That being said, they're not selling right now for $54k locally with 10k miles so who knows what it will look like in 12 months. Too much high HP competition out there.
It will look about the same in 12 months. The value of these cars won't go to zero. As I said before, the value of these cars will hit a floor at which they become liquid. Price will stabilize there and may even bounce up just a bit once these cars are a little more known and people see the price entry for what you get. I doubt most realize what the RC F is all about or realize it can be had at a price approaching the RC. No way these things go much lower for long before people in the sport coupe market realizes what a steal it is.

Most sports coupes that are decent do the same. 911s follow similar patterns. The newer models take a pretty decent wallop first year, they stabilize and then they start holding value and bounce up a bit the older they get. They hit the point where they are not going to drop in value below other makes and models because people in this market, given the choice at the same price, will opt for the 911. Ferraris are the same way. Their prices rise a bit over time as their desire ability remains the same as market prices overall rise for newer cars. What would you rather have as a garage queen purely weekend car? A 360 spider or a new M4? Many will pay more to have the older F car.

Last edited by DougHII; 04-09-16 at 10:02 AM.
Old 04-09-16, 10:41 AM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Received 275 Likes on 246 Posts

Originally Posted by DougHII
It will look about the same in 12 months. The value of these cars won't go to zero. As I said before, the value of these cars will hit a floor at which they become liquid. Price will stabilize there and may even bounce up just a bit once these cars are a little more known and people see the price entry for what you get. I doubt most realize what the RC F is all about or realize it can be had at a price approaching the RC. No way these things go much lower for long before people in the sport coupe market realizes what a steal it is.

Most sports coupes that are decent do the same. 911s follow similar patterns. The newer models take a pretty decent wallop first year, they stabilize and then they start holding value and bounce up a bit the older they get. They hit the point where they are not going to drop in value below other makes and models because people in this market, given the choice at the same price, will opt for the 911. Ferraris are the same way. Their prices rise a bit over time as their desire ability remains the same as market prices overall rise for newer cars. What would you rather have as a garage queen purely weekend car? A 360 spider or a new M4? Many will pay more to have the older F car.
Off topic but 308s and 360s are about 60ks right now Great barging on one of them, terrible deal on the other
Old 04-09-16, 11:10 AM
brandonrcf
Rookie

In a way this reminds me of my grandfather's truck. He has a 2013 Chevrolet Avalanche LTZ Black Diamond Edition, which he purchased for $45,000 (a $10,000 discount). Chevrolet stopped producing the vehicle because it was not selling as well as the Colorado and Silverado. It's now 2016 and the KBB on his truck is still $41,287. He complains about his property taxes being high each year, but I remind him that his truck has not depreciated very much and that he should be happy about that!

Hopefully the RC F will stabilize now that they are not producing as many, and as people learn about the car.
Old 04-09-16, 11:37 AM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by coolsaber
Off topic but 308s and 360s are about 60ks right now Great barging on one of them, terrible deal on the other
360s are how much? You cannot get a half decent 355 for $60k.
Old 04-09-16, 11:46 AM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

360s are how much? You cannot get a half decent 355 for $60k.
$60-66k with 30-40k miles on the clock for 360s.

360s are depreciating again for some reason.
Old 04-09-16, 11:57 AM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Let's talk real world numbers since you apparently have never dealt with sports cars. Ferrari hit a point and they never lose value. You purchase them and pay through the nose for services, but you can resell it for the same or better if it is not wrecked, not trashed and has all services done timely.

Let's say most 369s are in the $78k to $100k range. If you see $10k or so below the bottom end price, it probably needs a service or has an issue. I don't care what the Internet says, services on 355s and 360s will set you back $8k to $14k if done correctly.

I purchased a 355 in 2004 that was cheapest, low mileage, non wrecked I could locate. It was $68k. I drive it two months and had to send it for a service. The service costs $17k when all was said in done. I sold car for mid $70s a year and 6,000 miles later. That same exact car sod for low $80s a few months ago.

I sold my 360 CS in 2006 for $175k and they are bringing $300k to $400k now. Sold my 94 3.6 turbo and my 993 twin turbo in mid 2000s for $60s and they are bringing close to $200k now.
Old 04-09-16, 12:05 PM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

$60-66k with 30-40k miles on the clock for 360s.

360s are depreciating again for some reason.
just hit autotrader. Out of 157 360s, only 6 were below $70k and the lowest was $66,995.

Lol, 6 out of 157 and they were all pretty much molested.

You know the market well!

See above post. 360s have been holding steady for a couple of years now and they won't go any lower.

The RCF will do something similar. At a given price point it will stabilize and be view d more desirable than other options at that same price.

Last edited by DougHII; 04-09-16 at 12:16 PM.
Old 04-09-16, 12:11 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Let's talk real world numbers since you apparently have never dealt with sports cars. Ferrari hit a point and they never lose value. You purchase them and pay through the nose for services, but you can resell it for the same or better if it is not wrecked, not trashed and has all services done timely.

Let's say most 369s are in the $78k to $100k range. If you see $10k or so below the bottom end price, it probably needs a service or has an issue. I don't care what the Internet says, services on 355s and 360s will set you back $8k to $14k if done correctly.

I purchased a 355 in 2004 that was cheapest, low mileage, non wrecked I could locate. It was $68k. I drive it two months and had to send it for a service. The service costs $17k when all was said in done. I sold car for mid $70s a year and 6,000 miles later. That same exact car sod for low $80s a few months ago.

I sold my 360 CS in 2006 for $175k and they are bringing $300k to $400k now. Sold my 94 3.6 turbo and my 993 twin turbo in mid 2000s for $60s and they are bringing close to $200k now.
Congrats on owning a CS. Early modenas with full service records are pushing $68-70k on DPR, while elsewhere theyre pushing 60ks with 30-40K. They were much higher just a year ago, but thats current status of the market. Dont know why theyre dropping for some reason (430 influx who knows).

A unmolested version with full service history could easily fetch $90+ last year.
Old 04-09-16, 12:15 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

just hit autotrader. Out of 157 360s, only 6 were below $70k and the lowest was $69,995.

Lol, 6 out of 157 and they were all pretty much molested.

You know the market well!

See above post. 360s have been holding steady for a couple of years now and they won't go any lower.

The RCF will do something similar. At a given price point it will stabilize and be view d more desirable than other options at that same price.
Yup Given a year or so, RCFs will be worth more then their M4s equivalents. Its just the longevity of the design with Lexus vs competition.Currently their auction prices are staunchly different, nearly 10k difference in vehicles moving thru the blocks
Old 04-09-16, 04:53 PM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Congrats on owning a CS. Early modenas with full service records are pushing $68-70k on DPR, while elsewhere theyre pushing 60ks with 30-40K. They were much higher just a year ago, but thats current status of the market. Dont know why theyre dropping for some reason (430 influx who knows).

A unmolested version with full service history could easily fetch $90+ last year.
Link to DPR Modenas. 25 listed. The cheapest is a 1999 for $77,900 with 35,000 miles. Most are in the $80s and $90s with a 99 listed at $99,000 and a 2000 listed at $107,000.

http://www.dupontregistry.com/autos/...7221&inv=false

Finding the 2 or 3 cheapest out of a 100 is not market value . . .

You apparently have never had PPIs on them or shopped for them. The last thing you do is purchase that 1 or 2 out of a 100 in the upper $60s. Those will end up costing you more than one in the $80k range. I can guarantee you the PPI will come back with $10k to $15k of stuff needing to be done.

Lol at even looking at high mileage Ferraris (30,000 to 40,000 is very high). Trying to be bottom feeder in this market will drain your bank account and break your heart.

Last edited by DougHII; 04-09-16 at 05:25 PM.
Old 04-09-16, 05:57 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Link to DPR Modenas. 25 listed. The cheapest is a 1999 for $77,900 with 35,000 miles. Most are in the $80s and $90s with a 99 listed at $99,000 and a 2000 listed at $107,000.

http://www.dupontregistry.com/autos/...7221&inv=false

Finding the 2 or 3 cheapest out of a 100 is not market value . . .

You apparently have never had PPIs on them or shopped for them. The last thing you do is purchase that 1 or 2 out of a 100 in the upper $60s. Those will end up costing you more than one in the $80k range. I can guarantee you the PPI will come back with $10k to $15k of stuff needing to be done.

Lol at even looking at high mileage Ferraris (30,000 to 40,000 is very high). Trying to be bottom feeder in this market will drain your bank account and break your heart.
I applaud your fervor in trying to convince me, and what your saying is not wrong. But the point I am trying to say is one owner, or 7 owner, molested or unmolested Modenas regardless of their condition were trending higher same time last year. Now their slightly undervalued which is a prime to buy for those interested. Again of course do a PPI, its not like your buying a dependable Lexus ES, where your 15k mile service check is to do an oil change and move on. Lot more labor intensive.

Read my original post, this time last year thinking that a 308 and 360 would ever be in the same price bracket is crazy. But now, its possible. Across the board #s have fallen. DPR, and similar data stores reflect that numerical value.

Anyways in regards to RC-F Trade in Values, the bottom end is yet to have materialized. Its important to see how the RC-F 16 does in sales. Is their more motivation by consumers and dealers alike to move and purchase/lease or are deals makers waiting in the woodworks for Lexus to stuff the RC-F trunks for a repeat. Once that happens, a definite bottom price will set, and prices will stabilize.

One thing though is guaranteed, and I have said this countless times before, in a couple years these vehicles will shine just like any other Lexus. You wont see the crazy hits to depreciation once 4years/50k miles goes away on the BMWs.
Old 04-10-16, 05:10 AM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

I applaud your fervor in trying to convince me, and what your saying is not wrong. But the point I am trying to say is one owner, or 7 owner, molested or unmolested Modenas regardless of their condition were trending higher same time last year. Now their slightly undervalued which is a prime to buy for those interested. Again of course do a PPI, its not like your buying a dependable Lexus ES, where your 15k mile service check is to do an oil change and move on. Lot more labor intensive.

Read my original post, this time last year thinking that a 308 and 360 would ever be in the same price bracket is crazy. But now, its possible. Across the board #s have fallen. DPR, and similar data stores reflect that numerical value.

Anyways in regards to RC-F Trade in Values, the bottom end is yet to have materialized. Its important to see how the RC-F 16 does in sales. Is their more motivation by consumers and dealers alike to move and purchase/lease or are deals makers waiting in the woodworks for Lexus to stuff the RC-F trunks for a repeat. Once that happens, a definite bottom price will set, and prices will stabilize.

One thing though is guaranteed, and I have said this countless times before, in a couple years these vehicles will shine just like any other Lexus. You wont see the crazy hits to depreciation once 4years/50k miles goes away on the BMWs.
Nope, your comment above was that prices of 360s and 308s were in the 60s.

As far as trending, prices for 360s and a lot of the exotic market were down in 2015, perhaps due to the stock market being off. Prices have rebounded in 2016 and are going north quickly for 355s, 360s and air cooled Porsches.

I have been looking for nice, low mileage and unmolested examples of a 355 spider and 360 spider in MANUAL to hold onto for a while. BTW, 30k to 40k+ miles is very undesirable and considered molested for these models. . . . also looking for a deal on a clean 993 C2s with aero to sit on.

Wish I would I have pulled the trigger last year. A close friend is a purchaser for 4 high end stores. He got a 355 at auction for $ 55k in August, drove it for 6 months and sold it mid 80ks recently.

Last edited by DougHII; 04-10-16 at 05:14 AM.

Quick Reply: How much are the RC F's trading in for?