RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

RC F Seat Comfort

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-16, 07:28 AM
kdu
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC F Seat Comfort

I got my car about two weeks ago and so far really love just about everything about it. However, I can't seem to get comfortable in it. I don't know if it's the seat, the sitting position or both, but this is driving me nuts. Now I'm constantly messing with the seat controls which is probably just making things worse. Did anyone else have a hard time adjusting at first? Any tips?

I'm hoping that I can get comfy at some point, otherwise this ownership experience is going to be rough.
Old 03-09-16, 08:06 AM
TruPlaya26
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It took me about 2 weeks to really find a comfortable spot. I was making slight tweaks and adjustments almost everyday until I got it right where I wanted. In my GS I would sit much farther away from the steering wheel and was comfortable but that was a cruiser. This is a much more performance oriented vehicle and I've found that I'm sitting closer to the steering wheel and much lower in the vehicle than before.

The only thing that is not comfortable to me right now is that the window sill sits so high. I like to drive with my left arm on the wheel and my elbow resting on the window sill. But because the sill is high and I sit low in the vehicle my arm is bent up at an awkward angle and it causes my shoulder to hurt after awhile. Not a big deal I could just sit higher and avoid the issue but I like feeling low in this car.
Old 03-09-16, 08:13 AM
Ne1tHeRe
Instructor

Received 111 Likes on 107 Posts

Never had any issues. I found a pretty good position the first trip out in my car. I don't like driving when things aren't comfortable and set just right. Never had an issue in my GS, either. It really is dependent on your body dimensions and how you like to be positioned while driving. I am sure it can change based upon what clothing you are wearing that day and the mood you are in. Good luck!
Old 03-09-16, 11:18 AM
alfaromeo3
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It took me like 2 weeks too to get the comfort spots.

Set 1: aggressive driving.
Set 2: cruising on ECO mode, lol
Set 3: max backward position and a little more reclined for ease of entry/exit.
Old 03-09-16, 11:47 AM
Ne1tHeRe
Instructor

Received 111 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by alfaromeo3
It took me like 2 weeks too to get the comfort spots.

Set 1: aggressive driving.
Set 2: cruising on ECO mode, lol
Set 3: max backward position and a little more reclined for ease of entry/exit.
Great options/ideas...will have to copy #2 and #3 now to complete
Old 03-09-16, 12:11 PM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by TruPlaya26
It took me about 2 weeks to really find a comfortable spot. I was making slight tweaks and adjustments almost everyday until I got it right where I wanted. In my GS I would sit much farther away from the steering wheel and was comfortable but that was a cruiser. This is a much more performance oriented vehicle and I've found that I'm sitting closer to the steering wheel and much lower in the vehicle than before.

The only thing that is not comfortable to me right now is that the window sill sits so high. I like to drive with my left arm on the wheel and my elbow resting on the window sill. But because the sill is high and I sit low in the vehicle my arm is bent up at an awkward angle and it causes my shoulder to hurt after awhile. Not a big deal I could just sit higher and avoid the issue but I like feeling low in this car.

I am still making subtle tweaks to the seat after 5 months, the seat itself is comfortable, the issue for me is two fold:

one I have a titanium hip replacement from a motorcycle accident in 2003, additionally I have pins and plates that hold my pelvis together, so my issue is leg comfort. Oddly though it is not the damaged leg that is uncomfortable, but my left leg.

because of the damage to my pelvis, my pelvis is twisted, as such it forces me to sit with the majority of the pressure on my left side (undamaged side), because the parking brake pedal is in the way I cannot fully stretch my left lag to take advantage of the dead pedal, so I end up with my foot flat on the floor under the parking brake pedal which results in a slight raised position on my left side and causes my sciatic nerve to get bunched and my left leg to get tingly.

I also agree with your issue of the door sill being to high, I tend to drive like you with my arm resting on the door sill. It has actually caused me to suffer ulnar entrapment in my left elbow, because the "funny bone" i.e. ulnar nerve is sitting right on the edge of the door causing pressure.

I found a padded door sill arm/elbow rest on amazon that has resolved that issue.

I am still working on the pelvis problem, if the telescoping steering wheel came out another 2 inches I wouldn't have the issue as I could retract the seat fully rear, but when I do that now I have to stretch to reach the wheel.

The disadvantage to having long legs I guess.
Old 03-10-16, 08:00 AM
LRCSALES
Lead Lap

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by kdu
I got my car about two weeks ago and so far really love just about everything about it. However, I can't seem to get comfortable in it. I don't know if it's the seat, the sitting position or both, but this is driving me nuts. Now I'm constantly messing with the seat controls which is probably just making things worse. Did anyone else have a hard time adjusting at first? Any tips?

I'm hoping that I can get comfy at some point, otherwise this ownership experience is going to be rough.
i have worked 2 car shows. And had multiple people tell me that these are the best seats in the business. The LC500 won best interior at the Detroit auto show. what is you weight height and waist ? have you had back problems in the past, have you seen a chiropractor lately ?