RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Favorite and need improvement features in the RCF

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-16, 09:53 AM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts
Default Favorite and need improvement features in the RCF

So after 2 weeks of ownership, here are my thoughts.

Favorite: the v8 sound after 4k rpm, the torque near redline (I recently noticed through the side view mirror, WOT the rcf at 45-50 mph actually leaved a strip of tire burnout marks), the interior quality and stitching, outside body curves, and the massive attention it attracts.

Improvement: ONLY 1 DAMN POWER OUTLET IN THE WHOLE CAR!! Too much electronic nanny, even in the sport+ mode. It prohibits launching and off the line times
Old 03-02-16, 10:15 AM
BossHu
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

favorite: NA V8. seats. overall aggressive design. its not a bmw.

Improvement: stupid navi/infotainment system. need something like Apple CarPlay or Google Android Auto... road rash protection on the fenders. should come with factory clear film.
Old 03-02-16, 10:20 AM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

likes: design/looks, interior and exterior. big power NA V8, big brakes, power spoiler, quad exhaust staggered styling, ride comfort.

would like to see/improvement: electric/auto folding mirrors, and power parking brake.

the parking brake pedal gets in my way when resting my foot on the dead pedal, I have nicked my shin on it twice.

lower seats, I love the seats but they are a bit too high even in their lowest position, I prefer to be seated down in the car more.
Old 03-02-16, 10:30 AM
Ne1tHeRe
Instructor

Received 111 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by mjeds
likes: design/looks, interior and exterior. big power NA V8, big brakes, power spoiler, OVAL TIP quad exhaust staggered styling, ride comfort, and ML SOUND SYSTEM.

would like to see/improvement: electric/auto folding mirrors, and power parking brake.
Get out of my head!!! Haha...yeah, I have almost the exact same likes and improvements w/ 2 additions. I LOVE the auto parking brake in my GS350 AWD.
Old 03-02-16, 11:04 AM
RCFormante
Supercharged!

Received 61 Likes on 26 Posts

Favorite: Engine note, headlights, and seats.

Needs Improvement: Wear and tear on the seats, weight reduction, and more powah!

Overall I am very satisfied with the car. I love it!
Old 03-02-16, 12:28 PM
7No
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Touch pad for infotainment requires taking attention from the road. Heated seats are anemic. Voice commands could be a lot better and control more functions. A front camera would help avoid jacking the splitter on curbs. Adaptive cruise control should be standard. Back seats could fold down.

The ML sound system is much better than the one in my 2010 ISF.
Old 03-04-16, 04:42 AM
chaosrob
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pro's- I like 99% of this car, would take too long to list it all but overall comfort for a car with this type of performance would top the list

Con's-Needs moar power (being a speed junky though there is never enough). Seriously though another 100 H.P. would have made this car everything it should be
Old 03-04-16, 05:50 AM
Db750
Driver

Originally Posted by chaosrob
Pro's- I like 99% of this car, would take too long to list it all but overall comfort for a car with this type of performance would top the list

Con's-Needs moar power (being a speed junky though there is never enough). Seriously though another 100 H.P. would have made this car everything it should be
I don't think the car needs more HP. In my humble opinion the car would be much better served to be a few hundred pounds lighter and have a proper DCT gear box with better gearing. This would help with the "lack of low end torque" (not really an issue to me) or any other power complaints vs its peers, and would put the car in the very front to the pack.

Other than the above complaint which has been rehashed many times over I am extremely happy with the car. The interior is very nicely designed and the seats really make it feel special. The exterior is stunning; especially in white with the carbon package. Really the only complaint that I could make, and one that I would really like to see addressed, is the touch pad infotainment system with haptic feedback is one of the very worst and most distracting that I have used. The selector tends to jump all over the screen and it is very hard to control even sitting still. Furthermore the menu's are very complicated and lack any measure of intuition. This is not a huge issue for me as I would most likely be enjoying the glorious V8 exhaust or best in class ML system, but I do worry about it being an annoyance for my wife.
Old 03-04-16, 05:56 AM
chaosrob
Rookie

I think taking making the car lighter would take away more than add, but maybe that is because I am so used to the weight of the Supras. For my purposes, and I am not a full time track guy like some on here, the weight is a huge advantage to me. I like the stability a heavy car provides at speed, I like how quiet the cabin is. This car is a cruiser and eats miles like nothing else in its class, at least to me. If I wanted a lightweight car I would have purchased one, this car was more to my taste and comfort level.
Old 03-04-16, 06:12 AM
Db750
Driver

I think taking making the car lighter would take away more than add, but maybe that is because I am so used to the weight of the Supras. For my purposes, and I am not a full time track guy like some on here, the weight is a huge advantage to me. I like the stability a heavy car provides at speed, I like how quiet the cabin is. This car is a cruiser and eats miles like nothing else in its class, at least to me. If I wanted a lightweight car I would have purchased one, this car was more to my taste and comfort level.
I believe we are looking at this from two different ends of the spectrum, and I can definitely understand where you are coming from. Maximum straight line acceleration is not one of the top criteria for me (although it is awesome). I am more looking for a usable and fun to drive road car with sexy looks and an NA engine that delivers power in a linear fashion while sounding great doing so. That last one, the NA engine, really limits my options in this category.

One thing I would like to clarify is that when I say weight reduction I am not talking a 2500lb stripped out track mobile. I am just talking sub 2 ton weight! A few hundred pounds could have been saved by developing a new chassis and more savvy use of light weight materials. With regards to a heavy car being more stable at speed I would have to say that stability at speed would be an issue better remedied by modern air management and aero bits. The most stable cars I have driven have not been heavy tanks. They are cars that have been well developed with the most current air flow management techniques thus adding the downforce when and where needed to make the car stable not only in a straight line, but also around turns.

If you are happy with the weight of the car then I will agree with you; yes the RCF could use another 100 HP.
Old 03-04-16, 06:24 AM
chaosrob
Rookie

A lot of people on this forum have forgotten more about driving than I have ever known, I am a hobbyist and far from an expert. That being said I have owned a lot of cars, Porsche's, one Ferrari, GTR's, NSX, Lotus Esprit and my dad even had a Vector that I got to drive once when I was a teen. While I agree a 69 Caddy with all it's weight and glory is not something that will naturally handle better at speed than a much lighter and balanced car I do believe that a well designed and balanced car is more stable at on the real roads we drive on everyday. A well prepped and maintained track is something completely different for me at least, even though I have never won anything but some hurt pride there . I regularly hit 1.1-1.2 on my monitor on the street and never feel like I am about to lose it or that the car is too heavy to control so for this the weight is not a hinderance for me, at least not with my limited skill level.

If I had been after the light car and nimble I would have purchased a GT3
Old 03-04-16, 09:44 AM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

I think the HP is sufficient, maybe 30 more to get it over the 500 hump.

what it really needs is more torque, 100-130 more ft lbs would make it a beast at it's current weight, and a monster if it lost 500lbs in the process of gaining that torque.
Old 03-04-16, 11:12 AM
stoomac
Rookie

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Love everything about the car except for the whole Enform platform (terrible) and the infotainment - probably the worst I've seen as far as being easy to use and navigate - but not bad enough to take away from the pleasure of driving it.
Old 03-04-16, 11:41 AM
ILoveMyRCF
Driver School Candidate

Lighter weight 100-200 lb. would be noticeable. And they should've topped it out at 500 hp.
Old 03-04-16, 04:32 PM
finny76
Advanced

Received 83 Likes on 56 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ILoveMyRCF
Lighter weight 100-200 lb. would be noticeable. And they should've topped it out at 500 hp.
Originally Posted by mjeds
I think the HP is sufficient, maybe 30 more to get it over the 500 hump.

What it really needs is more torque, 100-130 more ft lbs would make it a beast at it's current weight, and a monster if it lost 500lbs in the process of gaining that torque.

Both of Yalll Nailed it!

Last edited by finny76; 03-06-16 at 06:57 PM.

Quick Reply: Favorite and need improvement features in the RCF