RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Lexus RC F Gets Full Rocket Bunny Kit

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-15, 08:29 AM
adpock
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lexus RC F Gets Full Rocket Bunny Kit

There are those out there that want to make everything, including the RC F, look like a racecar. Honestly, that’s a trend we can totally get behind.

Read the rest on the SITE homepage. >>
Old 11-30-15, 10:54 AM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus
Forum Moderator

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

thumbup: only an $8K kit
Old 11-30-15, 01:44 PM
BPauto
Former Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Awesome! The car looks great. I've seen a few Rocket Bunny RCF's out there but this is the first one I've seen in black.

The car looks menacing. The wheels don't look too bad. I know the article didn't care for the color much but it looks okay.

I'm more of a race oriented simplistic guy so I would have opted for something like ADV6RS's or some ADV005 Track Function CS.

Overall, it's an awesome build. Looking forward to seeing more.
Old 11-30-15, 02:14 PM
FR500GT
Lead Lap

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by BPauto
Awesome! The car looks great. I've seen a few Rocket Bunny RCF's out there but this is the first one I've seen in black.

The car looks menacing. The wheels don't look too bad. I know the article didn't care for the color much but it looks okay.

I'm more of a race oriented simplistic guy so I would have opted for something like ADV6RS's or some ADV005 Track Function CS.

Overall, it's an awesome build. Looking forward to seeing more.
Same here.

Question for you guys. Is the RB kit functional for this car? I know the aero is not but as far as the fenders go, are the factory fenders/body cut underneath it all?
Old 11-30-15, 02:28 PM
BPauto
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by FR500GT
Same here.

Question for you guys. Is the RB kit functional for this car? I know the aero is not but as far as the fenders go, are the factory fenders/body cut underneath it all?

Some will argue that a wide body kit is functional for this car and some will say it doesn't do anything at all.

Yes, the factory fenders/body is cut underneath the new fenders. This is to accommodate wider wheels and tires. A true wide body will require you to cut your existing fenders to fit larger wheels and tires. I've seen guys just slap on fenders without cutting the stock body and it looks incredibly weird haha. Plus you lose the point of going wide body.

Below is my personal opinion. I don't think there is a right or wrong answer on this topic.

If you add width to the car, you get a wider track allowing you to run wider wheels and tires. This provides you with a larger surface area for the tires to come into contact with the road.

Normally for cars running high horsepower, you need as much contact patch on the road as possible to gain traction; however, I don't think the RCF is powered enough to need that much traction.

Most people will benefit plenty by adding larger wheels and tires on their stock body RCF's.

If you're taking the car to the track, it'll offer you better grip as you also have more surface area coming into contact with the road so you don't lose grip while railing a corner at high speed.

So in this case, I don't think there is much performance value by adding a wide body kit at this point unless you're rounding a corner at the track.

Regardless, the kit looks darn good and it makes the already aggressive RCF look even more tough.
Old 11-30-15, 04:22 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 60 Likes on 50 Posts

Looks Very MENACING but that Front License Plate looks FUGLY I'm also a lil' too Old to be Sportin' a Rear Spoiler like that one, but if you do you'd Better be Able to Back it Up when one of those Bottle Cars pull up beside you I also Love those Front Splitters, i'd like to get those.

Last edited by johnnyreb; 11-30-15 at 04:28 PM.
Old 11-30-15, 05:11 PM
FR500GT
Lead Lap

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Some will argue that a wide body kit is functional for this car and some will say it doesn't do anything at all.

Yes, the factory fenders/body is cut underneath the new fenders. This is to accommodate wider wheels and tires. A true wide body will require you to cut your existing fenders to fit larger wheels and tires. I've seen guys just slap on fenders without cutting the stock body and it looks incredibly weird haha. Plus you lose the point of going wide body.

Below is my personal opinion. I don't think there is a right or wrong answer on this topic.

If you add width to the car, you get a wider track allowing you to run wider wheels and tires. This provides you with a larger surface area for the tires to come into contact with the road.

Normally for cars running high horsepower, you need as much contact patch on the road as possible to gain traction; however, I don't think the RCF is powered enough to need that much traction.

Most people will benefit plenty by adding larger wheels and tires on their stock body RCF's.

If you're taking the car to the track, it'll offer you better grip as you also have more surface area coming into contact with the road so you don't lose grip while railing a corner at high speed.

So in this case, I don't think there is much performance value by adding a wide body kit at this point unless you're rounding a corner at the track.

Regardless, the kit looks darn good and it makes the already aggressive RCF look even more tough.
Yeah I agree. I just was making sure it was in fact a true wide body lol. Yeah unless this car gets a HUGE bump in HP or sheds A TON of weight, a widebody should never be needed and the stock body should be sufficient enough with the right wheels/tires. I do understand 99% of people will run the RB kit for looks and car shows but I was just curious to know "if" it could be a functional kit for a track car.

Just imagine a gutted RB widebody RCF at 3200lbs, solo Recaro seat and some 315/335 Slicks on all four corners.... Hey a guy can dream right
Old 11-30-15, 05:33 PM
CK21
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by adpock

There are those out there that want to make everything, including the RC F, look like a racecar. Honestly, that’s a trend we can totally get behind.

Read the rest on the SITE homepage. >>
That looks sick man! Love the looks of the RCF in general.
Old 11-30-15, 05:37 PM
empringham
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

My thoughts exactly. though these kits are added to make a car alot more "race car" a lot of them just end up hard parked at coffee shops... and that is completely fine by me.
Old 11-30-15, 07:43 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 60 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by empringham
My thoughts exactly. though these kits are added to make a car alot more "race car" a lot of them just end up hard parked at coffee shops... and that is completely fine by me.
What does Hard Parked mean
Old 11-30-15, 08:06 PM
firelizard
Forum Moderator

Received 461 Likes on 365 Posts

Hard parking is building a car that looks really cool and track ready but only ever gets shown off in parking lots.

That RC-F looks great but the rear wheel gap is a real eyesore, particularly when the front has less.
Old 12-01-15, 12:44 PM
BPauto
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by FR500GT
Yeah I agree. I just was making sure it was in fact a true wide body lol. Yeah unless this car gets a HUGE bump in HP or sheds A TON of weight, a widebody should never be needed and the stock body should be sufficient enough with the right wheels/tires. I do understand 99% of people will run the RB kit for looks and car shows but I was just curious to know "if" it could be a functional kit for a track car.

Just imagine a gutted RB widebody RCF at 3200lbs, solo Recaro seat and some 315/335 Slicks on all four corners.... Hey a guy can dream right
I'm with you there!! I'd love to see one of us Club Lexus members do a completely gutted RCF track car build. The engine upgrades are slim currently so a lot of the improvements will have to be done with handling and weight reduction. If someone did a full on track car build, that would be awesome. I know there are race teams that have done GT3 RCF cars and such, but to see someone do a full on track prepped RCF as a private owner, using-off-the shelf, high-end aftermarket parts, that would be somethin!

Originally Posted by empringham
LOL, agreed. Many of the aftermarket race car parts have now turned into must have parts for guys that own show cars which is fine. Show cars are a completely different culture all it's own. If that's what people are into, then they should build their cars how they want. As long as it makes them happy.
Old 12-01-15, 05:06 PM
dyongg
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by firelizard
Hard parking is building a car that looks really cool and track ready but only ever gets shown off in parking lots.

That RC-F looks great but the rear wheel gap is a real eyesore, particularly when the front has less.
agree with you on the rear wheel gap
Old 12-03-15, 05:29 AM
LEXUSF
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think it's not very nice. I think it looks cheap and I would have rather saved the 8k towards wheels and maybe carbon upgrades. But I guess to each his own. Function someone posted? The RC-F is quick but it's not a track( my .02) car so why the huge spoiler. Less is more sometimes and this car went way over with more.
Old 12-03-15, 08:03 AM
JoshIS408
- - G T V I P - -
Forum Moderator

Received 123 Likes on 48 Posts

This kit does look amazing on the car, it makes the RCF look so aggressive. I think if the RCF had more power the kit would totally compliment it in both in performance and aesthetics. For now, with the kit installed, it kind of reminds me like a Chihuahua, all bark and no byte. Im honestly having mixed feelings...but it does look so good.

Quick Reply: Lexus RC F Gets Full Rocket Bunny Kit