johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Great write up & review Kevin..!!

Photos

Love your honest feedback & details about the entire car

Joe Z
Joe, do you think you'll Ever get an RCF? IF Anybody knows Where the Deals are it's YOU! You could probably make a ton of money just buying & selling them!
Old 10-14-15, 08:24 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by johnnyreb
Joe, do you think you'll Ever get an RCF? IF Anybody knows Where the Deals are it's YOU! You could probably make a ton of money just buying & selling them!
My IS F with 110k miles hasn't given me a reason to get rid of it..

If anyone seriuosly needs help buying an RC F, just let me know.. And I will send you to my contacts.

Joe Z
Old 10-15-15, 12:16 PM
F1nALMSfan
Intermediate

Received 49 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by BPauto
Yeah actually those MPG's were awesome. In your opinion was that due to your own throttle control? I'm assuming you had some winding up and down hills right? Either way, I'm surprised (in a good way) at the gas mileage you got.
Yea, the strong mpg was a welcomed surprise.
It was achieved in eco mode, and really as long as you are fairly light with the throttle, you can keep the car in those higher mpg ranges. Once I got to the really hilly/mountainous regions, the mpgs suffered with all the ascents.

The photo below was from my fillup from somewhere south of Chicago to Western Ky I believe.
Old 10-15-15, 05:17 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by F1nALMSfan
It was achieved in eco mode, and really as long as you are fairly light with the throttle, you can keep the car in those higher mpg ranges. Once I got to the really hilly/mountainous regions, the mpgs suffered with all the ascents.

The photo below was from my fillup from somewhere south of Chicago to Western Ky I believe.
Great Photo... Now show us the MPG figure before filling up the tank...

~ Joe Z
Old 10-15-15, 09:07 PM
JCtx
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 43 Posts

FInally took my car for its first short (day) trip, and it was great. It was just 350 miles, so I"m at 800 now. Car was awesome in the twisties, but when pushed beyond 0.8Gs, the lack of front camber started to rear its ugly head. By 0.9Gs, the tires were just squealing in protest, even when adding rear steer with the throttle (sport+ in expert and manual modes, TVD in track). No sense in destroying the tires with any more of that. So kept it at 0.8G, which is a pretty good pace, and also kept my wife happy (she gets dizzy any faster). Since I live very far away from any twisty roads, and will never track this whale, will leave the alignment alone. I should wear the tires more or less evenly. I'll check them after 10K miles or so, and make any alignment changes if necessary. Got it to 130, but it was slower than expected to get there at WOT in auto mode. But it was rock solid stable, and felt awesome at those speeds. Also live at 4K' of altitude, and was used to the GTR, so getting used to what I have now, which is plenty. Just like ISF001 said, it shifted as quick as the GTR both up and down when driven aggressively, so a happy camper. What started to drive me nuts was a relentless rattle all along the curtain airbag from A to B pillars my car just developed at 300 miles. It was so loud it drowned out the door panel rattle since day 1. Ha ha. Not even one of my 3 Hyundais are nearly as bad as this car, and they all have over 10K hard miles. Very disappointed at Lexus. And messing with the airbags is not an easy fix. Oh well. At least on smooth pavement it's not that bad. But at that pace, this car will be a POS by 10K miles; hope I'm wrong though, since I'm sick and tired of throwing my hard-earned money away for choosing the wrong car for one reason or another. Oh well. Still a very happy owner.
Old 10-19-15, 09:02 AM
BPauto
Former Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by F1nALMSfan

Awesome photo. Thanks for sharing!
Old 10-21-15, 09:09 AM
aristott
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's great mileage!

Mine doesn't drive on anything less than Sport +
The transmission reaction time is very unresponsive on all modes.

Originally Posted by BPauto
Awesome photo. Thanks for sharing!