RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Recommended Sealants for your New RCF?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-14, 09:11 PM
aWorkOfArt
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up Recommended Sealants for your New RCF?

We were discussing this on another thread and I dont want to thread jack...

I know we all would rather turn our car into the shop and get it done, but for those of us that love the sense of accomplishment and who also enjoy slaving over their cars, what would you guys recommend for paint sealant? What have you tried or what are you willing to try on your new baby?

Opticoat seems to get good reviews and then theres chemical guys sealant. I'm not looking for car show quality, just something to protect from the weather and daily driving. Any recommendations is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

- Art
Old 11-18-14, 09:24 PM
NewSpace
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SexyLexus
...just something to protect from the weather and daily driving. Any recommendations is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!
I've heard nothing but good things about Opticoat Pro. But I understand the DIY attitude you're talking about.

I don't know if the "AMMO" line of products are any good, but I like the dude's videos on detailing.
http://www.ammonyc.com/detailing/basic-car-wash/
Old 11-18-14, 10:05 PM
boriii
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think I'm gonna go with c1 and evo v2 on top since a reputable detailer offers only gtechniq products. If not, I'm just gonna go with a full wrap.

Update: I just talked to the detailer to get details first and it seems that theres a new product from gtechniq that came out not too long ago called crystal serum which is supposed to be even better.

Last edited by boriii; 11-19-14 at 08:30 AM.
Old 11-19-14, 05:13 AM
NickZ
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SexyLexus
We were discussing this on another thread and I dont want to thread jack...

I know we all would rather turn our car into the shop and get it done, but for those of us that love the sense of accomplishment and who also enjoy slaving over their cars, what would you guys recommend for paint sealant? What have you tried or what are you willing to try on your new baby?

Opticoat seems to get good reviews and then theres chemical guys sealant. I'm not looking for car show quality, just something to protect from the weather and daily driving. Any recommendations is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

- Art
I've had great success using the Wolfgang Concours-Series on the two black Acura's that I own, their swirl remover and polishes are great. I also enjoy polishing my cars, and with the new orbital buffers out there, it's almost impossible for someone to damage the paint.

I would say though that the video above is pretty darn impressive, the Gtechniq stuff really seems to repel water for a while, and I saw a video on YouTube that someone applied this to a Vette and claims it still repels water after a year!
Old 11-19-14, 10:38 AM
Need4Speed
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 52 Posts

For and all Daily Driver and all around city commute. I suggest using Meguiar's M21 its a great product for an affordable cost. Not to mention the end result's.
I been using there combo for so many years and always satisfy with the end.
There is others like Shine Supply, Chemical Guys, and Pinnacle Wax that offer great result as well.
But I have been using Meguiars for 10+years on all kind of cars(ex. Ferrari, Lambo, Lexus, infinity etc...) and again result are amazing..

http://www.meguiarsdirect.com/produc...ealant-20-16oz
Old 11-19-14, 11:29 AM
StealthFF
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Opricaot Pro, Cquartz, etc I have used them all very good products...Get Carpro Reload to use it to maintain the coat.
Old 11-19-14, 03:46 PM
aWorkOfArt
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for the help everyone! We dont have any of that stuff local so I would have to order it online, maybe through amazon. M21 looks to be a syn sealant with other filling agents that might work well but I like the idea of the Opticoat poly sealant wipe on and walk away... decisions...