RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

RC F at Monticello Raceway NY!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-14, 09:40 AM
JJSoCrazy
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RC F at Monticello Raceway NY!!!

Hey Everyone!

So I attended the Lexus "Running of the Bulls" Event at Monticello Raceway in upstate NY just for Lexus employees and got the chance to drive on the track the new RC 350, RC F, NX 200t and NX Hybrid. I must say it was a thrill to drive and Lexus has come a long way to finally include more performance oriented vehicles. The competitors were also available to drive such as the BMW M4 and it certainly is the benchmark of its class. However, the RC F might have been slightly less power but the handling was superb and I felt a little better than the M4 IMO.

Below is a link to my video I took with my iPhone 6+ using the slow mo camera and a little iMovie tweaking. They did a special performance for us at the very end and I wanted to capture a cool video of a nice ending to the day. Take a look at the pictures and Youtube link... Enjoy!

Attached Thumbnails RC F at Monticello Raceway NY!!!-fullsizerender.jpg   RC F at Monticello Raceway NY!!!-fullsizerender2.jpg   RC F at Monticello Raceway NY!!!-fullsizerender3.jpg   RC F at Monticello Raceway NY!!!-img_7406.jpg   RC F at Monticello Raceway NY!!!-img_7407.jpg  

Old 10-15-14, 09:43 AM
JJSoCrazy
Driver School Candidate

Attached some more pics...
Attached Thumbnails RC F at Monticello Raceway NY!!!-m4-and-rc-f.jpg   RC F at Monticello Raceway NY!!!-img_7421.jpg   RC F at Monticello Raceway NY!!!-rc-f-engine.jpg   RC F at Monticello Raceway NY!!!-rc-350-f-sport.jpg   RC F at Monticello Raceway NY!!!-img_7404.jpg  

Old 10-15-14, 10:19 AM
chilipalm
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for sharing. Did they have the liquid platinum color on display? Deciding between that, blue, and white.
Old 10-15-14, 10:49 AM
JJSoCrazy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by chilipalm
Thanks for sharing. Did they have the liquid platinum color on display? Deciding between that, blue, and white.
Your welcome. I believe they did but I did not get a photo of it. Looks great however IMO the Ultrasonic Blue hands down was the best!
Old 10-15-14, 01:55 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for sharing. I know you touched on it above, but can you provide more detail on RC F vs. M4? Was the C63 also there? RS 5?
Old 10-18-14, 02:12 PM
JJSoCrazy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by MPLexus301
Thanks for sharing. I know you touched on it above, but can you provide more detail on RC F vs. M4? Was the C63 also there? RS 5?
The RS5 was unavailable as well as the C63.

The M4 was absolutely amazing to drive. This car truly is the benchmark, however the RC F was just as fun to drive. I felt the M4 was slightly faster but the RC F felt like the handling was a little in my favor. I drive a GS F Sport and I love the fact of having a car that gives you the tight feel in the suspension and steering without over doing it. In a BMW the steering is like a go cart and very hard/stiff. So I prefered the RC F due to the fact that it is cheaper and the handling was in my favor. The M4 is truly a track car. The RC F IMO is better for dailly usuage where as the M4 is more geared towards track.

I hope that helps!
Old 10-18-14, 04:50 PM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JJSoCrazy
The RS5 was unavailable as well as the C63.

The M4 was absolutely amazing to drive. This car truly is the benchmark, however the RC F was just as fun to drive. I felt the M4 was slightly faster but the RC F felt like the handling was a little in my favor. I drive a GS F Sport and I love the fact of having a car that gives you the tight feel in the suspension and steering without over doing it. In a BMW the steering is like a go cart and very hard/stiff. So I prefered the RC F due to the fact that it is cheaper and the handling was in my favor. The M4 is truly a track car. The RC F IMO is better for dailly usuage where as the M4 is more geared towards track.

I hope that helps!
This is essentially identical to what I heard from friends who made the by-invitation event on southern New Jersey. The M4 is a stripped down, track-duty car. In track comparisons, it will be interesting to see if the TVD picks up time on the corners.

In the end, fully loaded, I am not sure either car will have much of a price difference.