RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Official RC-F Price Thread (Merged Threads)

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-15, 04:45 PM
ROK
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by zekeman
Agree with #2 and 3 but compared to German two seat equivalents, Lexus loses on quality, fit and finish. Remember, it's a Toyota on steroids although a very polished one.
Z
No, it does not. Toyota on steroids is something they can only aspire to be, but they can't so they lean on their heritage and brand image more so than actual build quality.
Old 06-11-15, 04:59 PM
TheBatman
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ROK
If you can afford new, why not? You can blow through $11K on a 3 day, 4 night vacation at the Four Seasons Kona easy. Invest it? Even if the stock doubles, after taxes, you're left with maybe $6K net to you in an income tax friendly state.

When I buy new, especially highly tuned, specialized rides like the RCF, I have control over who's driven it, how it's been taken care of, etc. This is worth buying new to me especially when it's built by an OEM known for three things: 1) quality; 2) durability; and 3) reliability. It's going to last. It's low risk. And for darn sure I'm going to enjoy every mile.

I understand the whole a penny saved is a penny earned, but buying a 2 seater coupe is a luxury/toy buy period so let's not try to rationalize an intrinsically extravagant purchase.

Just my $.50
Where's the value? Maybe I'm just a value oriented person. I tend to buy my cars and trade them in after 4-5 years max so I'm more focused on the equity in it. But an $11K hit after only 3K miles is mind blowing to me. It speaks volumes about the lack of demand for the RC-F.

Unless I'm keeping the car for 10+ years, which I never do with my cars anyway, so that its all amortized the $11K depreciation hit after 3K miles (or 25% of one year's mileage) is insane.
Old 06-11-15, 05:06 PM
DzNutz
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by TheBatman
Where's the value? Maybe I'm just a value oriented person. I tend to buy my cars and trade them in after 4-5 years max so I'm more focused on the equity in it. But an $11K hit after only 3K miles is mind blowing to me. It speaks volumes about the lack of demand for the RC-F.

Unless I'm keeping the car for 10+ years, which I never do with my cars anyway, so that its all amortized the $11K depreciation hit after 3K miles (or 25% of one year's mileage) is insane.

Dude, thats absurd. What was the MSRP on it? What package? Base model? Got a link on that car?
Old 06-11-15, 05:06 PM
JaponesV8
Driver

Originally Posted by TheBatman

That's nearly all mid tier luxury cars. Higher you go, the worse this figure will be.
Old 06-11-15, 05:39 PM
Carnevino
Advanced

Received 162 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by JaponesV8
Don't know what country you're in, but there are 209 for sale solely on Autotrader right this moment.
I just used Autotrader.com and 25 used/certified RC F's show up from "any distance". Maybe I'm doing it wrong
Old 06-11-15, 05:59 PM
Flilady
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

209 includes used and new......anyone selling their RCF is an idiot
My detailer told me a customer sold his because it didn't have enough power!! Yikes!
Old 06-11-15, 07:12 PM
zekeman
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by DzNutz
Dude, thats absurd. What was the MSRP on it? What package? Base model? Got a link on that car?
My completely loaded RC-F was $79,840 MSRP which is what I paid. I was offered a trade value of $59K with 1K miles. The Audi dealer is scared to take it since there is little history of trades so far, and many either in the pipeline, at dealers, or listed as Used on Auto Trader. It was a stupid buy for me - for that I will admit it. Expensive learning experience for something which is substandard in build when compared to Audi's at equal and to some extent, lower priced.
Z
Old 06-12-15, 04:56 AM
Diesel350
Lexus Champion

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts

My completely loaded RC-F was $79,840 MSRP which is what I paid. I was offered a trade value of $59K with 1K miles. The Audi dealer is scared to take it since there is little history of trades so far, and many either in the pipeline, at dealers, or listed as Used on Auto Trader. It was a stupid buy for me - for that I will admit it. Expensive learning experience for something which is substandard in build when compared to Audi's at equal and to some extent, lower priced.
Z
That's a surprising comment. I looked at the Audi RS5 interior and didn't think it was all that great compared to Lexus.
Old 06-12-15, 05:11 AM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Z
Lol, Audi superior quality??? My buddies that own high end lots absolutely hate Audis because they are a nightmare quality wise when the purchase them and resell them after coming off leases.

Yep, it would be stupid for anyone to purchase an $ 80,000 niche car and expect to sell it after 2 or 3 months without taking a big hit, especially on trade in. I have seen 2 used RCFs in my area that had $ 72,000 stickers sell very quickly for around $ 68,000. In fact, one sold within days as I was going to give people on here a heads up about it.
Old 06-12-15, 07:58 AM
Ryanmcd
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Seems like this is just a bunch of trolls.

Also Audi is the Worst of the trash German car market.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/...lity/23982237/

http://www.kbb.com/new-cars/best-res...ds/best-brand/
Old 06-12-15, 08:06 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

that audi dealer lowballed the crap out of you like they really know how much RCFs go for. What would carmax give you? You always go to carmax to get an appraisal so the dealer doesnt try to lowball you
Old 06-12-15, 09:44 AM
JaponesV8
Driver

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
that audi dealer lowballed the crap out of you like they really know how much RCFs go for. What would carmax give you? You always go to carmax to get an appraisal so the dealer doesnt try to lowball you
Dealer certified RCF less than 3k miles, less than $64K LISTED price. Could probably pick that puppy up for less.
Old 06-12-15, 10:09 AM
zekeman
Driver School Candidate

Which means the seller prob got ~$50's in order to get out of the car...they aren't bringing top dollar anymore, at least in some markets. Definitely a niche car; quality and performance is in the eye of the beholder.
Z
Old 06-12-15, 10:14 AM
JaponesV8
Driver

It's just a nichey car. To me its the best option on the market, but I can see how many wouldn't feel the same.
Old 06-14-15, 01:35 PM
ghd8989
Pit Crew

Yeah, things like "facts" and "figures" must really bother the hell out of you.
More so a guy who can't substantiate his facts as you have proven so is the most troublesome. You are laughable kid.

Quick Reply: Official RC-F Price Thread (Merged Threads)