RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

Wheel Options...Vossens really good?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-16, 09:58 AM
lexual_rc

Received 73 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by FrogBreath
Vossens are fine for this car. It's a slow Lexus that you won't be taking to the track. Vossen has cool designs and can make cars look good the quality is fine. I have them on my Lexus see attached, and I have HRE's on my Porsche Turbo that is 600hp Twin Snails. That I drive like it should be. So do you need to put HRE, WORK, ADV1's on a Lexus rc350???? No.... But you can if you want. Spend the dough on tires.
I am starting to agree with you as I really like the vossen designs....i was just worried about quality but am getting over it I move towards my decision to atleast give them a try.

Would love to know what the OEM wheel diameter specifications is for the AWD version my car is.

Planning on doing a staggered setup and need the wheel diameter to be as close as possible. Any ideas....anyone?
Old 05-12-16, 03:20 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by suvi2k
I am starting to agree with you as I really like the vossen designs....i was just worried about quality but am getting over it I move towards my decision to atleast give them a try.

Would love to know what the OEM wheel diameter specifications is for the AWD version my car is.

Planning on doing a staggered setup and need the wheel diameter to be as close as possible. Any ideas....anyone?
I knew all the time you wanted the Vossens. People start these silly "what should I do" threads all the time knowing what they really want.

Don't worry about the quality of Vossens. There are a gazillion of them on the road. There have been only a handful of failures. There will always be a handful of failures of any mass produced product. As long as they stand behind it, thats what matters most.
Old 05-12-16, 04:16 PM
lexual_rc

Originally Posted by Ice350
I knew all the time you wanted the Vossens. People start these silly "what should I do" threads all the time knowing what they really want.

Don't worry about the quality of Vossens. There are a gazillion of them on the road. There have been only a handful of failures. There will always be a handful of failures of any mass produced product. As long as they stand behind it, thats what matters most.
Thanks for the reassurance man! I actually found a link to this app that shows different niche wheels on the car and I just didn't like the style as much....also I test fit a bunch of different Niche concave Wheels over the weekend and most of them wouldn't clear the big brakes up front on my car. Im hearing from vossen that it won't be an issue with their wheels. Still nervous tho and need to get more info...
Old 05-12-16, 04:56 PM
RealMCR12
Pole Position

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

Thanks for the reassurance man! I actually found a link to this app that shows different niche wheels on the car and I just didn't like the style as much....also I test fit a bunch of different Niche concave Wheels over the weekend and most of them wouldn't clear the big brakes up front on my car. Im hearing from vossen that it won't be an issue with their wheels. Still nervous tho and need to get more info...

what app is this?
Old 05-12-16, 04:58 PM
lexual_rc

Originally Posted by RealMCR12
what app is this?
sorry its not a phone app or anything....just on the niche or MHT webpage there is link at the top (Carbuilder) which does it.
Old 05-12-16, 11:38 PM
atomic250
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yea I did find a bunch of bad stuff about it and went to a few shops which are local to me and they said the same thing... -> that they are hella over priced and just have an amazing marketing group for just an average quality wheel which are made in Taiwan....really??? I don't really trust what a sales man says although he was an authorized Vossen dealer...he was trying to sell me Niche wheels. How are those? I really love the concave look. You wont believe a 20x10.5 with a 275/30/20 tire fit on my car well and I'm lowered when they test fitted a niche for me.

Did some reading up on the TUV certifications...looks like that HRE, Volk, Work, Advan and some others. Also looks like forged is the way to go but its way more expensive than whats available from manufacturers.
Vossen wheels are made in the USA not Taiwan. Their manufacturing facility is located in Florida and you can watch it on their website. Also, all Vossen wheels comes with a 5 year warranty. If Mercedes, BMW, Audi owners are putting Vossens on their car then obviously the quality isn't bad. What Vossen has done is created a cult behind their brand just like Apple. Vossen wheels is more focused on visual appeal versus performance like other wheel brands.
Old 05-13-16, 04:28 PM
rcJten
Lead Lap

Received 73 Likes on 53 Posts
Default Velgen wheels?

Has anyone heard anything good or bad about Velgen wheels? I am really liking a few of their designs, but there's not a lot of feedback on their quality out there. They have a video detailing the production process, which appears to take place in Taiwan, but who knows. They cost around the same price as Vossen.
Old 05-13-16, 05:05 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

sorry its not a phone app or anything....just on the niche or MHT webpage there is link at the top (Carbuilder) which does it.
Those car-builders or wheel builder features rarely give you a good enough impression of how a wheel will look on your car. I've tried them on many sites and they all suck. Don't go by that. Use your imagination. Use your ability to picture the wheel on your car.

Many guys buy Niche wheels. At the dealer I work, guys bring cars for service decked out on Niche and they look hot. Actually, very similar to Vossens....unless you get the Niche multi piece wheels.

I have been recommending Vossens for years because they stand behind their product. But I've said publicly many times I would never own them because too many people have them. I change wheels to make my car different, not look the same as several others.

Don't obsess over this too much. Pick a wheel and go for it.
Old 05-14-16, 01:58 AM
deth4rice
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had my car about 6 months and have Vossen CV4s on them. Driven about 8k miles and done one Vegas and San Diego trip. My girlfriend also lives in an area that is cursed with potholes due to the amount of 18 wheelers that drive through there and after finding out about the bad press regarding Vossen I was scared at first but the rims seem to be holding up pretty well for now haha.

The only thing is I was a dumbass when I first got the car and went to a drive thru car wash and the front left got curbed by the rails of the wheel track...
Old 05-14-16, 11:26 AM
FrogBreath
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sim
Only problem, and it's a big problem, with your argument is: Vossens cost as much as a legit set of wheels. So why not get both performance and reliability with a stronger non-Vossen wheel?
There ya go. Work & Vossen collaborated on a few good looking wheels at a good price.
Old 05-15-16, 01:08 AM
FrogBreath
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Vossens are fine for the RC350, would I put them on a Porsche Turbo or Ferrari, no not at all. Do our car have BBK stock, large rotors, thick sways, etc. no.

Work and Vossen came together to make some wheels. But HRE's will put Work wheels to shame. The cost associated with the work wheels & the wait and shipping cost hurts sales in US. Otherwise they would be selling just like Vossens. Work have been around forever and they are good, but they are just average compared to BBS, HRE, ADV.1, etc. Depending on the type of car you have and its limits and what you plan to do with it all goes into the picture. Like are you getting Work wheels with springs? HRE's with BC coils, ADV.1 with **** tires. Vossen did good advertising and they found offsets for the aggressive Guys, non aggressive guys for every vehicle and their customer support is great plus their styles looks good. Easy to get and sell. Their wheels are safe and fine. To say different is just dumb. Are their cast wheels great, no, are they somewhat overpriced? Yes. It is what it is. Buy a used set.

Again you'll be fine with Vossens, I have HRE's 8k wheels only on my turbo porsche, with 2k in tires. I had BBS LMR 1300 per wheel on my turbo BMW, and 2k worth of tires, then I've had Cv1's, and Cv7's. Never a problem at all. Great service. But I do LOVE Work wheels, they make great wheels and are proven.

Last edited by FrogBreath; 05-15-16 at 02:49 PM.
Old 05-15-16, 10:39 AM
Sherwink
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rcJten
Has anyone heard anything good or bad about Velgen wheels? I am really liking a few of their designs, but there's not a lot of feedback on their quality out there. They have a video detailing the production process, which appears to take place in Taiwan, but who knows. They cost around the same price as Vossen.
I have Velgens on my RC, and they are nice. <br >
Old 05-15-16, 10:40 AM
lexual_rc

wow that looks awesome....but you look like your on bags and they all look awesome lol!
Old 05-15-16, 12:35 PM
rcJten
Lead Lap

Received 73 Likes on 53 Posts

Sherwink, looks sick! Dang, you have the exact wheels I was looking at, and they look great! I might have made my wheels decision.
Old 05-15-16, 12:44 PM
lexual_rc

Originally Posted by Sherwink
I have Velgens on my RC, and they are nice. <br >
Hey what's the wheel and tire size u ran to keep your overall diameter the same. Offset too?

Quick Reply: Wheel Options...Vossens really good?