RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

Mark Levinson - Blown Amplifier

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-16, 01:54 PM
PirelliRC
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Mark Levinson - Blown Amplifier

Well, i dropped off my car to the dealer on Friday because i had no audio what so ever, i checked the fuses and they were all fine. The dealer called me today and said the amplifier in the trunk shorted out, they are ordering a new one from Mark Levinson and will have my car til at least Wednesday. I've only had the car for 4 months and the audio settings were on default. Kind of premature isn't it?

Oh and I'm driving around in a crappy NX 200t, the body roll on this car is ridiculous. Miss my RC

Name:  20160216_125819.jpg
Views: 542
Size:  157.8 KB

Last edited by PirelliRC; 02-16-16 at 03:51 PM.
Old 02-16-16, 02:27 PM
Kevin350
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would've demand a RC or greater. Just be nice about it, I heard some people can get like an LS too.
Old 02-16-16, 02:40 PM
greg3852
Lexus Test Driver

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

I highly doubt any dealership has an RC for a service loaner, and I have never been to one that has an LS. The only time my LS needed to stay overnight was for a recall, and I got an IS 350.
Old 02-16-16, 02:43 PM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevin350
I would've demand a RC or greater. Just be nice about it, I heard some people can get like an LS too.

you get what they have available.

when I had my RCF in at Santa Monica Lexus the only vehicles they had left were an RX and an IS..

The Service Advisor requested an RC or GS for me, but unless I wanted to wait around and hope someone returned one, I got what they had.

FWIW IMO, a loaner is a loaner who cares what it is as long as it doesn't cost you anything.
Old 02-16-16, 09:23 PM
Frog98
Lead Lap

Received 36 Likes on 12 Posts

Loaners tend to be base versions of the IS, NX, RX, ES, RC. Don't judge them on the base models. I've had a loaner NX and ES...and they were nothing like my Ultra Luxury ES or Luxury NX. I am a little shocked you say the NX has bad body roll. I actually find it to be the best handling Lexus SUV I have ever had or been in...and mine is not even the F Sport. Sorry about your blown amp.
Old 02-17-16, 04:41 AM
PirelliRC
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Frog98
Loaners tend to be base versions of the IS, NX, RX, ES, RC. Don't judge them on the base models. I've had a loaner NX and ES...and they were nothing like my Ultra Luxury ES or Luxury NX. I am a little shocked you say the NX has bad body roll. I actually find it to be the best handling Lexus SUV I have ever had or been in...and mine is not even the F Sport. Sorry about your blown amp.
I wanted an ES but they only had IS 250 or the NX, i took the NX, was curious as to how it drove.

Im being subjective, i dont have any experience with Lexus SUVs, i have never driven one. So you might be right about the NX being the best handling one out of the bunch, which leads me to wonder how bad are the other ones.

Its possible that driving the RC F Sport on lowering springs and then hoping in a floaty SUV made a pretty big impact. Im glad your enjoying your NX. I hope i get my car back tomorrow. Dealer said if they receive the amp tomorrow it should take about an hour to install.

Last edited by PirelliRC; 02-17-16 at 04:52 AM.
Old 02-17-16, 11:15 AM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by Frog98

depends on the dealer, Santa Monica Lexus gave me a fully loaded RX, they also have the RX and EX hybrids as loaners, F-sports, and GS models.

they do not have the GSF or the RCF and I wouldn't expect them too.
Old 02-17-16, 10:25 PM
happy1977
Instructor

Received 62 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by PirelliRC
I wanted an ES but they only had IS 250 or the NX, i took the NX, was curious as to how it drove.

Im being subjective, i dont have any experience with Lexus SUVs, i have never driven one. So you might be right about the NX being the best handling one out of the bunch, which leads me to wonder how bad are the other ones.

Its possible that driving the RC F Sport on lowering springs and then hoping in a floaty SUV made a pretty big impact. Im glad your enjoying your NX. I hope i get my car back tomorrow. Dealer said if they receive the amp tomorrow it should take about an hour to install.
We have the '11 RX and for an SUV, it handles cornering pretty good. And yes, you can't compare it to a car in terms on cornering because of the more height and weight. And yes, others are bad in comparison on the ones I've driven (CRV, Rav4, Traverse). Dunno about other SUVs. And I drive pretty aggressively on curvy roads.
Old 02-18-16, 04:29 AM
JessTX706
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay, but what about the blown amp???
Old 02-18-16, 07:15 AM
Kevin350
Pole Position

Originally Posted by JessTX706
Okay, but what about the blown amp???
He's getting it replace under warranty.
Old 02-18-16, 01:05 PM
PirelliRC
Lead Lap

The dealer said the Mark Levinson amp in the RC is the most expensive amp Lexus has. It retails for over $2000. Would've been a costly fix if out of warranty. I should get a call today to pick it up. Still waiting.
Old 02-18-16, 04:24 PM
JessTX706
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Kevin350, I read his original post again right after posting and realized he said what happened.

PirelliRC, did they say if that's a common problem? I had ML in my IS350 and now have it in my RC350. Just want to know if I should be concerned or not!
Old 02-18-16, 05:07 PM
Kevin350
Pole Position

Originally Posted by PirelliRC
The dealer said the Mark Levinson amp in the RC is the most expensive amp Lexus has. It retails for over $2000. Would've been a costly fix if out of warranty. I should get a call today to pick it up. Still waiting.
Geez... 2k? I could get a really nice after market amp with that amount.
Old 02-19-16, 10:11 AM
BossHu
Rookie

Originally Posted by mjeds
depends on the dealer, Santa Monica Lexus gave me a fully loaded RX, they also have the RX and EX hybrids as loaners, F-sports, and GS models.

they do not have the GSF or the RCF and I wouldn't expect them too.

Yep. it all depends on the Dealer.

Newport Lexus got all kinds of loaners. I've driven RX, NX, RC, IS, and ES. I've seen GS, LS marked as loaners as well at the service dept. Most are full-load. I've even gotten f-sport models as well. Most 3 recent loaners I've got were RC350F, IS200t non-f, NX200t non-f. I asked for the RC200t, but someone beat me to it that day... meh~
Old 02-19-16, 04:13 PM
Kevin350
Pole Position

Originally Posted by BossHu
Yep. it all depends on the Dealer.

Newport Lexus got all kinds of loaners. I've driven RX, NX, RC, IS, and ES. I've seen GS, LS marked as loaners as well at the service dept. Most are full-load. I've even gotten f-sport models as well. Most 3 recent loaners I've got were RC350F, IS200t non-f, NX200t non-f. I asked for the RC200t, but someone beat me to it that day... meh~
Yeah this is the dealer that offered good loaner.

Quick Reply: Mark Levinson - Blown Amplifier