RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

"Homemade" Customized WeatherTech RC350/RCF

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-15, 03:09 PM
toystry
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default "Homemade" Customized WeatherTech RC350/RCF

So I'm a big fan of molded floor mats because they keep the inside super easy to clean and reduce wear and tear. With that, I've used WeatherTech mats in both of my past Lexus vehicles (IS350 and now RCF) but I've also used Husky in my Toyota 4Runner as well. Of note, the Husky was a better choice for my 4Runner, but for luxury cars I prefer the WeatherTechs.

So I recently picked up some WeatherTech Mats (Model # 446241) from Amazon when they were super discounted it seems. When I bought them on Amazon they were $100.60 w/free shipping since I'm an Amazon Prime member. The price today however is $127.95 with free shipping. Additionally, here are three places they sell them to do price comparisons since they may change as of my posting. I'd verify pricing at each one since Amazon's price changed almost $28 within a week or me purchasing mine.

Amazon ($127.95): http://www.carid.com/weathertech/dig...pn-446241.html

CarID ($109.95): http://www.carid.com/weathertech/dig...pn-446241.html

AutoAnything ($127.95): http://www.autoanything.com/floor-ma...2A4018202.aspx

Anyway, getting to the point of this thread. I decided that I wanted to spruce up the look of the floor mats a bit since I was removing the nicely embroidered RCF Stock Floor Mats. I synced up with a local sign/sticker store (FAST SIGNS - www.fastsigns.com) and asked them if they could make me a customized sticker that said (RC F) using the same exact stock font/logo. The lady who worked there came out to my car, measured the WeatherTech plastic logo insert, then took a picture of the Lexus RCF emblems on the trunk (which is what I wanted the design to be). Two days later I went to pick up the stickers and now here I am posting the results.

Floor Mat Cost: $100.60
Sticker Cost: $10.00

Total Investment: $110.60

Floor mats with the WeatherTech logo removed (I applied the sticker to the WeatherTech logo, I just removed it to make it easier to apply since the spacing was tight)

Sticker just laying on top of WeatherTech logo for reference.

Stock WeatherTech logo before I removed it. Of note, it's held in place with a sticky glue (not 3M) so it's easy to remove and reapply.

Peeling off the logo to make it easier to install the sticker (on top) of the logo I'm removing.

Peeling off the logo to make it easier to install the sticker (on top) of the logo I'm removing. Make sure you have clean hands to avoid transferring oil/dirt residue from your hands to the glue surface since you're going to be reapplying the logo you're removing afterwards.

I stuck the WeatherTech logo to a piece of plastic to keep the glued bottom surface from getting dirt on it and to be able to remove and reapply easier at the end.

Sticker has been applied to the top of the WeatherTech logo, now I'm reinstalling it.

Sticker has been applied to the top of the WeatherTech logo, now I'm reinstalling it.

Sticker installed. Be sure to smooth out the edges to avoid dirt/debris from getting underneath it in the future. Press FIRMLY the WeatherTech logo with sticker applied to the top back in the original position.

Sticker installed. Be sure to smooth out the edges to avoid dirt/debris from getting underneath it in the future. Press FIRMLY the WeatherTech logo with sticker applied to the top back in the original position.

Both complete, time to put them back into the car.

Driver side installed.

Passenger side installed.

Close up, they look great. Looks like an OEM floor mat now.

Close up, they look great. Looks like an OEM floor mat now.
Old 10-15-15, 03:10 PM
toystry
Lead Lap

Reserved For Video:

Old 10-15-15, 03:21 PM
toystry
Lead Lap

Here is the exact file from Fast Signs for anyone who wants it for reference.

Last edited by toystry; 10-15-15 at 03:28 PM.
Old 10-15-15, 05:55 PM
JT4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

I like it, good idea.
Old 12-29-15, 10:55 AM
drwafk
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Doing it. Thanks, i was looking for this exact thing. Mats ordered, queried fastsigns. Question: is your sticker glossed over like the weather tech stickers?
Old 12-29-15, 11:24 AM
DEMIK
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

very nice sir!
Old 12-29-15, 07:06 PM
SpeedRcr
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Great job! How are is the fitment of the WeatherTech mats?
Old 12-31-15, 07:14 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 296 Likes on 215 Posts

Nice idea! Looks great. Are the RC F stickers plastic coated for snow, salt, and water-proof protection?