RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

Windshield Chipped and Replaced

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-15, 08:09 PM
Radical350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Windshield Chipped and Replaced

The RC suffered a rock hit to the drivers viewable area of the windshield, on I-4 last week. It's a nightmare stretch of interstate in central Florida. Fortunately (In Florida) it is covered by insurance with no deductible. I demanded OEM glass and again fortunately, there is no LKQ/NAGS glass available yet, so OEM is the only option. My local dealer provided the parts, coordinated scheduling, and gave me a loaner while the auto glass contractor installed it. The installers prefer to do installs on new models at the dealership in case they need parts or input from a tech.

I hate replacing major parts on a brand new car!!!!!
Went well, so far no apparent leaks or wind noise.

Repair Order 78922 - 2015 WHITE LEXUS RC350 2DR CPE

FRONT WINDSHIELD HAS CRACK: SUBLET TO AUTO GLASS CONTRACTOR: DIRECT BILL GUEST INSURANCE COMPANY CONTRACTED AUTO GLASS CONTRACTOR TO REPLACE FRONT WINDSHIELD: THIS WAS A DIRECT BILL BETWEEN GUEST AND CONTRACTOR: DEALERSHIP PROVIDED LOANER AS A GOODWILL GESTURE

Last edited by Radical350; 08-24-15 at 08:12 PM.
Old 08-24-15, 08:32 PM
kymbakitty
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Goodwill gesture.....

Originally Posted by Radical350
The RC suffered a rock hit to the drivers viewable area of the windshield, on I-4 last week. It's a nightmare stretch of interstate in central Florida. Fortunately (In Florida) it is covered by insurance with no deductible. I demanded OEM glass and again fortunately, there is no LKQ/NAGS glass available yet, so OEM is the only option. My local dealer provided the parts, coordinated scheduling, and gave me a loaner while the auto glass contractor installed it. The installers prefer to do installs on new models at the dealership in case they need parts or input from a tech.

I hate replacing major parts on a brand new car!!!!!
Went well, so far no apparent leaks or wind noise.

Repair Order 78922 - 2015 WHITE LEXUS RC350 2DR CPE

FRONT WINDSHIELD HAS CRACK: SUBLET TO AUTO GLASS CONTRACTOR: DIRECT BILL GUEST INSURANCE COMPANY CONTRACTED AUTO GLASS CONTRACTOR TO REPLACE FRONT WINDSHIELD: THIS WAS A DIRECT BILL BETWEEN GUEST AND CONTRACTOR: DEALERSHIP PROVIDED LOANER AS A GOODWILL GESTURE
Did you know you were going to get a loaner? Goodwill gesture...I thought they always provided a loaner.

Anyway, of all the things that you might have to replace, I think the window is the one that I wouldn't mind so much. I do know how you feel though.
Old 08-24-15, 09:15 PM
Radical350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by kymbakitty
Did you know you were going to get a loaner? Goodwill gesture...I thought they always provided a loaner.

Anyway, of all the things that you might have to replace, I think the window is the one that I wouldn't mind so much. I do know how you feel though.
They don't normally provide a loaner if they do not perform any work, the install was performed by a contractor at the dealer site. As a courtesy to me I dropped my car in the am, grabbed a loaner and picked it up at days end. I didn't want to leave it overnight or wait around for 2 to 3 hours.

It is definitely one of the less concerning items to replace, but can be a disaster if not done perfectly.
Old 08-25-15, 04:26 AM
kymbakitty
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Very nice...

That is a generous offer of good will. I wish they did that at the auto tinter we are going to drop off on Friday. I would love that option.

Dawn
Old 08-25-15, 02:56 PM
walkedu
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Good luck to you.

But out of curiosity do you have that warranty protection? I have it with my cars but honestly I forget what it covers.

I think its paintless dent removal, the tires, rims and the windshield (?). Reason why I ask is because Im not 100% if it covers the windshield or not.