RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

Question about special order and greeting for everyone

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-15, 08:08 AM
KiraZhang
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about special order and greeting for everyone

Hi, everyone here. This is Kira from Houston, TX. I am very glad to join the lexus forum here. I already saw a lot very professional discussions from owners, technicians, and even the Inside Member coming from Lexus manufacturer.
So right now, I got some problems so I finally registered and post.

Well my life changes and no more need for the large space. so I am going to trade in my 7 years old Toyota Highlander and grab a coupe. Right now, I already test drive almost everything on the market, Audi S5, BMW 435i gran coupe (too many bmw coupe here), and of course Lexus RC 350 F sport. Mercedes said they would have a C450 very soon I do not want to wait for that.

I took off the Audi, does not like it since very beginning just make a try for the performance, also unimpressive. My color combination is very rare BMW blue out red in, RC red out Playa or Flaxen in so I probably need a special order for both. However, I do not know the discount that dealer generally can give. Is there a hugh difference between special order price and already-in-stock vehicles? I talked to the dealer here in Houston, no one gave big discount, 700 hundreds max. My friends in California gonna help me making a deal from there. So I want to gather as much information as I can to bother them less later.

In the end, I still have trouble making the final decision between the BWM 435 gran coupe and the RC. Apparent the RC is about 5k cheaper in the same features I need, BUT it does being heavier comparing to BWM. BMW also has a easy ECU upgrade from Dinan to boost more than 400hp.

Any suggestions??

Thank you so much.
Old 07-19-15, 04:53 PM
Canesguy
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Either is a great choice. None of us can make the decision for you, very personal. I toyed with both among others. The price and the virtually unchanged outdated BMW interior kept me from it. Among other things about it's interior was the iPad-looking nav. screen which looks like an add-on, or after-thought. BMW's these days with their electronic steering have lost much of their road feel. That said, I'd still give the nod on handling to BMW. The Lexus is overall more about luxury, and less about sport.

Good luck with your decision, and keep us informed.
Old 07-19-15, 08:51 PM
KiraZhang
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Canesguy
Either is a great choice. None of us can make the decision for you, very personal. I toyed with both among others. The price and the virtually unchanged outdated BMW interior kept me from it. Among other things about it's interior was the iPad-looking nav. screen which looks like an add-on, or after-thought. BMW's these days with their electronic steering have lost much of their road feel. That said, I'd still give the nod on handling to BMW. The Lexus is overall more about luxury, and less about sport.

Good luck with your decision, and keep us informed.
LOL, thx! Keep researching and definitely inform you guys when my new one comes in
Old 07-19-15, 10:58 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 230 Likes on 181 Posts

Good choice on dropping the Audi. It's getting kinda old and overdue for an update. It really shows in the interior.

If you're planning to get more power out of the RC350 engine, don't expect much. This engine has been in the lineup for over a decade a nobody has come out with anything that gives the engine a significant boost. But, if you're looking for something that is more reliable, more attractive, more interesting (interior and exterior), and better customer service, then go for the Lexus.

Don't expect too much discount when ordering a car. Usually dealers might budge between several hundreds to a couple thousand when special ordering. Dealers will discount couple to several thousands to sell something from their lot or trade with another dealer. You have a better chance on getting a good deal in SoCal since there are so many dealers competing for business.
Old 07-20-15, 06:14 AM
Fsportf
Rookie

I have the RC fsport awd UW on RR. The RC is not as fast as the BMW. If your looking for speed go with the BMW. But you cant ever clear the throttle on public roads anyways, or can you?

They both look mean. But the RC looks meaner in my opinion. Mine turns heads everywhere I go. Rarely anyone has it on the east coast so its unique and ppl stare. BMWs are played out here and I always loved Lexus, been driving one since 20. The ride and interior is enjoyable. There is no leg space in the back seat in the RC, its pretty much a 2 seater for me. Its a hassle for others to be in the back because I have to drive with my seat up so the person in the back can be comfortable. The Grancoupe BMW wins there. But I drive alone alot so ill suck it up for the few times ppl are in the backseat. Trunk space is good on both. Ventilated seats on the RC are nice. I heard BMW has automatic everything like windshield wipe, folding mirrors and idk what else if that matters to u.

If you can get a better deal on the BMW that might help its case as well. Plus they have the 50k mile 4yr warranty on the car and services. Lexus only has two complimentary services. Rest might run you around 1000$ over a 36 month lease from
What Ive read on these forums. So with BMW you have no worries just drop it off and get it serviced. Not sure if that chip will void a warranty or not though

At the end of the day both are nice cars. Its about how you use it I guess

Goodluck!