Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Installed a true CAI

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-16, 05:34 AM
lexis35022
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MWIS350
With PPE header or Midepipe, exhaust then it'll be worth Dyno.
I ment a baseline on the dyno, ii have an exhaust ,and a mid pipe sounds pointless, it gives a only around 3 hp and makes the exhaust a Lil crackley, not enough power gain to ruin how nice my exhaust sounds.. but yes definitely headers next spring...
Old 05-17-16, 06:28 AM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by lexis35022
I ment a baseline on the dyno, ii have an exhaust ,and a mid pipe sounds pointless, it gives a only around 3 hp and makes the exhaust a Lil crackley, not enough power gain to ruin how nice my exhaust sounds.. but yes definitely headers next spring...
From what other members have reported on here, a midpipe only gains you about 1-3hp at best anyway. So your guess is pretty much spot on about that. As for sound however, I think my Megan midpipe helped my exhaust sound better honestly. I got a tad bit louder (this was before I removed the resonator) and more importantly it added more exhaust sound to the mid range when accelerating. When I was only running an Axleback my car would only make that nice deep exhaust note in lower range (about 0-3000 rpm) after that it was all intake and engine noise for the most part. But with the midpipe the exhaust note became even deeper and the range of the exhaust note increased as well. So now when I floor it I have a deeper note all the way up to about 5k rpm, after that it becomes intake and engine noise again only louder

So far everyone who has heard my exhaust setup at car meets has liked it and it really suprises them to see a Lexus of all things sound good. Especially since over here in Modesto we have tons of 350z's , G35/G37's, Hondas, Mustangs etc.. Not many 2IS's at car meets if any. So them hearing my exhaust seems to really catch them off guard lol. All in all I say midpipes are totally worth it, and if you get a nice midpipe like the Megan Racing then the sound only gets better IMO not worse, unless you get Invidia which may add rasp since theres no cats on it.

So sure, midpipes add no power that can honestly be felt. BUT your car sounds so much better if you do Maybe this is something Id avoid in an IS250 since theyre not very quick to begin with but for an IS350 the improved sound goes very well with this car since it can at least back it up with some decent acceleration.
Old 05-17-16, 06:52 AM
lexis35022
Rookie

Originally Posted by Tro209
From what other members have reported on here, a midpipe only gains you about 1-3hp at best anyway. So your guess is pretty much spot on about that. As for sound however, I think my Megan midpipe helped my exhaust sound better honestly. I got a tad bit louder (this was before I removed the resonator) and more importantly it added more exhaust sound to the mid range when accelerating. When I was only running an Axleback my car would only make that nice deep exhaust note in lower range (about 0-3000 rpm) after that it was all intake and engine noise for the most part. But with the midpipe the exhaust note became even deeper and the range of the exhaust note increased as well. So now when I floor it I have a deeper note all the way up to about 5k rpm, after that it becomes intake and engine noise again only louder

So far everyone who has heard my exhaust setup at car meets has liked it and it really suprises them to see a Lexus of all things sound good. Especially since over here in Modesto we have tons of 350z's , G35/G37's, Hondas, Mustangs etc.. Not many 2IS's at car meets if any. So them hearing my exhaust seems to really catch them off guard lol. All in all I say midpipes are totally worth it, and if you get a nice midpipe like the Megan Racing then the sound only gets better IMO not worse, unless you get Invidia which may add rasp since theres no cats on it.

So sure, midpipes add no power that can honestly be felt. BUT your car sounds so much better if you do Maybe this is something Id avoid in an IS250 since theyre not very quick to begin with but for an IS350 the improved sound goes very well with this car since it can at least back it up with some decent acceleration.
I have a tsudo axle back and love the way it sounds, but u are right all intake , lol I guess for $350 I could grab a mid pipe plus it looKS so sexy jus wish u could see it l.. lol jus worried about the raspy sound , u kno.. u should post a sound clip on here for me!
Old 05-17-16, 06:58 AM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by lexis35022
I have a tsudo axle back and love the way it sounds, but u are right all intake , lol I guess for $350 I could grab a mid pipe plus it looKS so sexy jus wish u could see it l.. lol jus worried about the raspy sound , u kno.. u should post a sound clip on here for me!
Well I have the Tsudo as well. Ive had mine for about 10 months now. And Ive had my Megan midpipe for about 3 months. I gotta say when I got the Tsudo I was VERY impressed with how it both looked and sounded. It gets compliments a lot because of how big the tips are and alos how suprisingly well it sounds. It easily competes or bests the other exhaust that cost 2-3x as much. And with the midpipe ita only better

Ita not the loudest setup though, thats for sure, but to me its one of the nicest. Its not super loud, but its is a veey nice deep sounds that comes out of it. Also I just freaking love how from time to time my exhaust pops while driving! It such a good sound and all for about $700 ( I got my Megan used from a member) Its definitely a great setup and has very minimal rasp if any at all. Ill try and get a video for you but usually the Audio doesnt do it justice and you have to hear it in person.
Old 05-17-16, 08:54 AM
lexis35022
Rookie

Well I have the Tsudo as well. Ive had mine for about 10 months now. And Ive had my Megan midpipe for about 3 months. I gotta say when I got the Tsudo I was VERY impressed with how it both looked and sounded. It gets compliments a lot because of how big the tips are and alos how suprisingly well it sounds. It easily competes or bests the other exhaust that cost 2-3x as much. And with the midpipe ita only better

Ita not the loudest setup though, thats for sure, but to me its one of the nicest. Its not super loud, but its is a veey nice deep sounds that comes out of it. Also I just freaking love how from time to time my exhaust pops while driving! It such a good sound and all for about $700 ( I got my Megan used from a member) Its definitely a great setup and has very minimal rasp if any at all. Ill try and get a video for you but usually the Audio doesnt do it justice and you have to hear it in person.
Yea I love it, cheap and looks good!! It sounds like my 01 BMW 330 sounded like nice and deep
Old 05-17-16, 09:20 AM
MWIS350
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

My IS350 sound great and good throttle respond. With Afe Intake, Invidia midepipe and Tanabe Axle muffler.