Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Orange Virus Tuning

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-16, 07:27 PM
dj571124
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FSportDRM
There was confusion on where my ECU had been delivered. The front desk at OV tuning had it and did not get it to the the tuner. Partially my fault for not emailing them my tracking number. Anyway they started the tuning process but with with Memorial Day it was not shipped out. Hopefully it'll be shipped out tomorrow, Ill be away from home Weds. By Thursday night I should have some impressions. OV hopefully will be posting progress on their FB page.

fingers crossed the tune makes a good difference! these motors are so restricted. so much potential here esp with bolt ons
Old 06-04-16, 07:54 AM
FSportDRM
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Update: Looks like OV is having issues with the read/write on the ECU processors. Pretty much it's delayed for now. Hopefully I won't have to send in my ECU again and will be able to do it through OBD. I'm disappointed but appreciate that OV was honest about not being able to tune the ECU. The price to get into this wasn't bad so I am still hanging on to hope that it we will have a legit tune. I'll keep you guys updated.

On another note, it was great to be able to drive my IS again. I haven't kept a car longer than 4 years but I think I might have finally found a car I want to keep......unless of course I get into an RCF...
Old 06-04-16, 11:29 AM
MasonGrey
Pole Position

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Update: Looks like OV is having issues with the read/write on the ECU processors. Pretty much it's delayed for now. Hopefully I won't have to send in my ECU again and will be able to do it through OBD. I'm disappointed but appreciate that OV was honest about not being able to tune the ECU. The price to get into this wasn't bad so I am still hanging on to hope that it we will have a legit tune. I'll keep you guys updated.

On another note, it was great to be able to drive my IS again. I haven't kept a car longer than 4 years but I think I might have finally found a car I want to keep......unless of course I get into an RCF...
Why not look into the TTFS tune? I believe their tune is now an OBD tune for the 350.
Old 06-04-16, 12:24 PM
FSportDRM
Pole Position

Originally Posted by MasonGrey
Why not look into the TTFS tune? I believe their tune is now an OBD tune for the 350.
TTFS doesn't have OBD for the 3rd gen IS just yet. They need an ECU sent out to them. The introductory price with OV is much more reasonable than with TTFS. I paid for the 3 phases through OV and will wait to see what happens. If they are unable to tune it then I will look into TTFS once they have their tune for the 3rd gen.
Old 06-22-16, 03:41 AM
FSportDRM
Pole Position

Great news! They were finally able to crack the ECU. They are working on a tune now.
Old 06-22-16, 12:35 PM
mscuil
Driver School Candidate

I am looking forward to seeing some numbers!
Old 06-24-16, 06:50 AM
FireLexus
Rookie

Any updates?
Old 06-24-16, 07:44 PM
FSportDRM
Pole Position

Only update I have is that they are moving from Colorado to San Diego! They will be offering in house dyno tuning which will make it a lot better for us. The move will take approximately 2 weeks from what they are saying.
Old 06-24-16, 09:20 PM
MasonGrey
Pole Position

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Only update I have is that they are moving from Colorado to San Diego! They will be offering in house dyno tuning which will make it a lot better for us. The move will take approximately 2 weeks from what they are saying.
That's great news! Finally a tuning company that's nearby.
Old 07-13-16, 11:23 AM
DmmitLana
Driver School Candidate

any new updates on this?
Old 07-14-16, 12:38 PM
xsdeus
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by DmmitLana
any new updates on this?
Also interested in updates.
I'm located in San Diego.
Old 07-14-16, 06:42 PM
FSportDRM
Pole Position

Waiting on OV to answer my e-mail. I believe they moved into the new building about 1 week ago. Hopefully we can get some good news.
Old 07-16-16, 03:35 PM
DickH
Intermediate

Received 55 Likes on 48 Posts

They have had my ecu, its my understanding that they are going to return it to me after they get an is350 on a dyno and have an ideal tune for it. It seems he is busy with the move and other cars with a higher demand.
Old 07-17-16, 10:01 AM
FSportDRM
Pole Position

Originally Posted by DickH
They have had my ecu, its my understanding that they are going to return it to me after they get an is350 on a dyno and have an ideal tune for it. It seems he is busy with the move and other cars with a higher demand.
Yeah, thats basically what I am waiting for. I am local and paid for Phase I but unfortunately needed the ECU back so I could drive the IS. Once he is all settled I should be going in for the dyno tuning.
Old 07-17-16, 09:35 PM
xsdeus
Driver School Candidate

Yeah, thats basically what I am waiting for. I am local and paid for Phase I but unfortunately needed the ECU back so I could drive the IS. Once he is all settled I should be going in for the dyno tuning.
Please keep us all updated!

Quick Reply: Orange Virus Tuning