Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Vibrant resonator

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-15, 08:42 AM
pearllex09
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Vibrant resonator

I have the fsport exhaust and was considering replacing the stock resonator with a vibrant resonator. Do you think this would add more sound to the exhaust or be pointless?
Old 12-19-15, 10:01 PM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by pearllex09
I have the fsport exhaust and was considering replacing the stock resonator with a vibrant resonator. Do you think this would add more sound to the exhaust or be pointless?
Not sure how much a difference that would make to tell you the truth but in my opinion i would just recommend you either remove the resonator entirely or go for a midpipe as that would make more of a noticable difference. It's entirely up to you though of course. Oh and be prepared for more drone if you remove the resonator
Old 12-30-15, 06:58 PM
whitebeast
Pole Position

Received 69 Likes on 64 Posts

I would not go with remove resonator due to lot of raspy sound (like sound cheap honda exhaust). i don't have vibrant but i do have turbie resonator
Old 12-30-15, 07:00 PM
whitebeast
Pole Position

Received 69 Likes on 64 Posts

here is another sound clip of it

I love it cause it gives me silent on cruising mode but loud is you give it more gas
Old 12-30-15, 11:09 PM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by whitebeast
I would not go with remove resonator due to lot of raspy sound (like sound cheap honda exhaust). i don't have vibrant but i do have turbie resonator
Well I wouldn't say cheap Honda lol. Nothing can make you sound that bad

No but really, I had stock exhaust with resonator delete and it sounded better than full stock. It did have a bit of rasp but nothing crazy like Hondas lol. Currently I have a Tsudo Axelback and resonator delete and there is definitely no rasp at all. However I think whether it rasps or not is dependent mostly on your exhaust. For example, I heard the M2 and resonator delete are pretty raspy and drone a lot.
Old 01-13-16, 05:16 PM
DanielA
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Tro209
Well I wouldn't say cheap Honda lol. Nothing can make you sound that bad

No but really, I had stock exhaust with resonator delete and it sounded better than full stock. It did have a bit of rasp but nothing crazy like Hondas lol. Currently I have a Tsudo Axelback and resonator delete and there is definitely no rasp at all. However I think whether it rasps or not is dependent mostly on your exhaust. For example, I heard the M2 and resonator delete are pretty raspy and drone a lot.
What about Resonator delete and a K&N intake?
Old 01-14-16, 07:20 PM
nikogio38
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds good......
Old 01-15-16, 09:55 AM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by DanielA
What about Resonator delete and a K&N intake?
I had the f sport intake box along with my resonator delete and all the intake box does is basically give you the same sound effect of an intake without the actual gain of Hp (not that you gain anything even worth mentioning). For me this was my set up for a whole year till I finally decided to buy an exhaust , and it worked well for me to be honest. The resonator delete allows for the exhaust to be a little less muted so it sounds a tiny bit louder when you step on it and the Intake will allow for the engine to get a nice deep growl at 3.5k rpm or so on full throttle . In my opinion it's very worth it since I only spent $40 on the resonator delete and bought my intake box for $55 from Sewell back when they were still around... I still think the $340 I spent on my Tsudo was probably the best decision I made though. But if all your trying to do is just improve your sound over stock then doing what I said should help a lot in my opinion.