Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Exhaust note crackle

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-14, 06:53 AM
myonoshane
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust note crackle

Hey guys,

Looking to change the exhaust on my IS350 and was looking for a deep and loud exhaust with cracks and pops similar to the high performance AMG models.

Has anyone achieved this with their exhaust setup?

If anyone has any clips of their current exhaust even without popping im also keen to hear them. Thanks.
Old 11-10-14, 08:41 PM
Sandeman
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by myonoshane
Hey guys,

Looking to change the exhaust on my IS350 and was looking for a deep and loud exhaust with cracks and pops similar to the high performance AMG models.

Has anyone achieved this with their exhaust setup?

If anyone has any clips of their current exhaust even without popping im also keen to hear them. Thanks.
more likely to get that crackle or pop in a FI'd car - probably could be accomplished easily in a 350 with a full straight piped exhaust
Old 11-10-14, 11:33 PM
TheShaddix
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Has nothing to do with a car being FI or NA. My exhaust has some backfire/popping but it's very subtle, it's just hks mufflers with stock resonators and cats. My old 350z, however, had a lot of backfire with a greddy exhaust, it was actually too much! To get this effect on an IS I suggest you get something like the Ark exhaust as i've heard it sounds exactly like what you're looking for, with pops and nice downshift sounds.
Old 11-11-14, 09:40 AM
drbazing
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I only had an Apexi muffler on my EP3 and I can produce the crackle sound with just playing with the clutch.
Old 11-11-14, 12:42 PM
Sandeman
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by TheShaddix
Has nothing to do with a car being FI or NA. My exhaust has some backfire/popping but it's very subtle, it's just hks mufflers with stock resonators and cats. My old 350z, however, had a lot of backfire with a greddy exhaust, it was actually too much! To get this effect on an IS I suggest you get something like the Ark exhaust as i've heard it sounds exactly like what you're looking for, with pops and nice downshift sounds.
Yes it does. Both NA and boosted cars will backfire with the proper mods and driving technique but it's more common Ina turbo car.

Basically what causes a backfire or exhaust pop is when unburnt fuel from the motor enter your exhaust, the gases ignite causing the said backfire. Hence the Less restrictions in your exhaust the more likely you are to backfire
Old 11-13-14, 03:03 PM
tinysumo
Driver School Candidate

I have the Ark catback and it will pop when decelerating. Wouldn't call it a crackle or anything like the new f-types do....
Old 11-19-14, 09:01 PM
jkonquer
Instructor

Received 79 Likes on 64 Posts

Check out new agency power exhaust, so far it sounds loudest and raw sounding for 3is