Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Can I use the oem bottom air box with the Fsport intake?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-14, 05:32 AM
JdSwiper
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Can I use the oem bottom air box with the Fsport intake?

So I purchased a Fsport intake used off another member but when it arrived the bottom of the air box where it connects to the air duct in the grill was cracked and damaged so it didn't appear to be any difference between the stock bottom air box and the Fsport bottom so I reused the stock bottom. Does anyone know if I can do this. is they're any difference?? I was thinking they're doesn't appear to be any difference between the two, but if they're wasn't why would they send you a new air box in the kit in the first place? And no, the sender didn't tell me the air box was damaged, and no he didn't tell me I would have to purchase a new filter for a additional $75 after paying $255 for the kit to begin with.
Attached Thumbnails Can I use the oem bottom air box with the  Fsport intake?-image.jpg  
Old 02-23-14, 05:57 AM
pheonix72
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Do a search on fsport vs stock airbox! I cant tell from your picturembut fpsort airbox should have smooth internal and opened in the front.
Sorry to said this but you paid too much for that used Intake. You could have gotten a new one from from Sewell for $325 shipped!
Use itrade to give your feedback for the seller if he/she did not disclose the item honestly.

Here is a good thread to check out.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...drilled-4.html
Old 02-23-14, 06:24 AM
JdSwiper
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by pheonix72
Do a search on fsport vs stock airbox! I cant tell from your picturembut fpsort airbox should have smooth internal and opened in the front.
Sorry to said this but you paid too much for that used Intake. You could have gotten a new one from from Sewell for $325 shipped!
Use itrade to give your feedback for the seller if he/she did not disclose the item honestly.

Here is a good thread to check out.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...drilled-4.html
Yea, I know ! He screwed me! Ok, thanks for the info Pheonix!
Old 02-23-14, 06:32 AM
pheonix72
Lead Lap

So basically sold you just the Fsport tube with the highflow filter (and stock airbox)? If that is the case, contact him and see if he would refund some money so you could buy a new lower airbox (about $82 shipped). Try to resolve the issue with him first, if he doesnt want to Give him a NEGATIVE Itrade feedback (so future buyer aware)
Old 02-23-14, 06:33 AM
JdSwiper
Lead Lap

Yup, your right, they're is a difference. Maybe that's why I don't hear any difference in sound or notice any difference in performance. I'll be posting in the feedback section as soon as I get home from church! Then, I'll be ordering the correct air box!
Old 02-23-14, 03:49 PM
JdSwiper
Lead Lap

I found the answer to my own question. Here's a pic of the Fsport vs OEM.. The Fsport allows more air in and has a open air box without grooves and also has second hole for more air!
Attached Thumbnails Can I use the oem bottom air box with the  Fsport intake?-image.jpg  

Last edited by JdSwiper; 02-24-14 at 03:10 PM.
Old 02-23-14, 03:51 PM
JdSwiper
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by pheonix72
So basically sold you just the Fsport tube with the highflow filter (and stock airbox)? If that is the case, contact him and see if he would refund some money so you could buy a new lower airbox (about $82 shipped). Try to resolve the issue with him first, if he doesnt want to Give him a NEGATIVE Itrade feedback (so future buyer aware)
Thanks for the advice, this exactly what I'm doing. I'm surprised by this member though because ha has a lot of post, been here a while.. Looked like somebody trust worthy!
Old 02-24-14, 03:52 PM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

The difference is visible. I'm sorry to hear about all this going down.
Old 02-24-14, 05:46 PM
JdSwiper
Lead Lap

Yea, me too!! I contacted the seller and made him aware of the situation !! I also ordered a lower air box from Sewell. It was only $68 plus shipping. I'm looking forward to seeing the difference, I hope it's a lot better with the proper air box! I also hope he refunds the extra money I had to spend $75 +$68 plus shipping!

Last edited by JdSwiper; 02-24-14 at 05:53 PM.
Old 02-24-14, 05:48 PM
pheonix72
Lead Lap

You should definitely give him the proper feedback so other members wont get screwed by him next time.
Old 02-24-14, 06:21 PM
jdmSW20
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

yeah the fsport and stock box visibly look different. ouch that sucks man, sorry to see and hear about this. leave the guy negative review, i hate seeing people being taken advantage of, but at the same time i wouldve also researched the f sport intake before paying/shipping so he couldve sent you pics ahead of time. that way you knew he was full of ****
Old 02-25-14, 09:46 AM
JdSwiper
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by jdmSW20
yeah the fsport and stock box visibly look different. ouch that sucks man, sorry to see and hear about this. leave the guy negative review, i hate seeing people being taken advantage of, but at the same time i wouldve also researched the f sport intake before paying/shipping so he couldve sent you pics ahead of time. that way you knew he was full of ****
So Admin, and Mod have helped me out with this situation. The seller agreed to refund my money after receiving return shipment and upon inspection of said intake. As it stands, I already purchased a filter, the lower air box is on its way from Sewell, so I guess I'm gonna order the pipe and rubber hoses today through Sewell as well! I've purchased and sold tons of items from other forums as well as this one with out incident ever, but I definetly learned my lesson! Thank You all involved for your help in Resolving this matter!
Old 02-25-14, 07:50 PM
jdmSW20
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

good to see you got the situation resolved man