Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Fsport intake. ( kinda weak)

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-14, 05:43 PM
Shimozana
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the fsport intake and I love it! You won't really get any gains for our cars. Unless you do headers. That's the only noticeable mod that you can actually see power gains
Old 04-21-14, 06:23 PM
Pxnda
Rookie

Best place to pick this mod up?
Old 04-30-14, 02:13 PM
LongSword
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Pxnda
Best place to pick this mod up?
The classifieds.

I also gained 1mpg after install. If you're not constantly flooring it, you do benefit from the improved airflow.

If you want to hear the intake sound difference in the 2500 rpm range or so then go for the K&N or similar intakes. The open cone design adds extra noise at the lower RPMs.
Old 04-30-14, 11:32 PM
jasonr
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I made my own for 30 bucks and it sounds awesome.
Old 05-07-14, 06:03 PM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Did you do the experiment on the same road, same driving style to notice a different? I seem to gain some MPG as well 1-2 MPG. However, I have 8 pounds lighter weight wheels, F Sport intake, being lowered 1.4 inch front, advanced fuel economy Mobil 1 synthetic oil, and new DWS tires. I'm not sure which is really helping the MPG but I sure do gain 1-2 MPG for awhile now. I gain even more like 3 MPG if i cruise on high speed in freeway than before.

Originally Posted by LongSword
The classifieds.

I also gained 1mpg after install. If you're not constantly flooring it, you do benefit from the improved airflow.

If you want to hear the intake sound difference in the 2500 rpm range or so then go for the K&N or similar intakes. The open cone design adds extra noise at the lower RPMs.

Last edited by FSportIS; 05-07-14 at 06:07 PM.
Old 05-13-14, 12:21 PM
LongSword
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by FSportIS
Did you do the experiment on the same road, same driving style to notice a different? I seem to gain some MPG as well 1-2 MPG. However, I have 8 pounds lighter weight wheels, F Sport intake, being lowered 1.4 inch front, advanced fuel economy Mobil 1 synthetic oil, and new DWS tires. I'm not sure which is really helping the MPG but I sure do gain 1-2 MPG for awhile now. I gain even more like 3 MPG if i cruise on high speed in freeway than before.
Yeah, same weekly work/school commute. From my experience with cars, I wouldn't believe all the fuel economy advertising. I think the light wheels, and intake is probably were you're gaining some mpg from; Maybe the tires too.

I gained at least 1 mpg. Could probably do a bit more but I have a tendency to drive aggressive. It's almost a requirement on the streets of Miami. Also I don't really hit the highway, if I did, it would also bring the mpg up a bit.
Old 05-13-14, 01:04 PM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

I believe we are the few people who notice MPG gain after installing F Sport intake. I wonder if any other members experience the same too.
Old 05-15-14, 12:16 PM
BlkSapphre
Driver School Candidate

Is there any other good place to pick this MOD up besides the classifieds?
Old 05-15-14, 02:18 PM
nyanman
Driver School Candidate

Hi Community,

I just upgraded from a 2004 Matrix to a 2011 IS 250 AWD. What an improvement!
The first mod I bought was the F Sport Intake. Got it on Ebay from San Diego Lexus for 300$ + Shipping.
Going to install that as soon as it makes it here.
Next.... the sway bars maybe? I spent like 2 hours reading the massive thread on those, and I'm still a bit confused.
Old 05-15-14, 02:19 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

F Sport sway bars help A LOT, just get them. Car rolls a lot less. Probably one of the best bang for the buck mods for 2IS
Old 05-15-14, 03:08 PM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

It is day and night different in handling with the REAR sway bar upgrade. Do this, make some hard corner especially in the freeway ramp with the stock for couple days and then do the same after the sway bar installed. Guarantee you smile

I tested on autocross and just wow!

Originally Posted by nyanman
Hi Community,

I just upgraded from a 2004 Matrix to a 2011 IS 250 AWD. What an improvement!
The first mod I bought was the F Sport Intake. Got it on Ebay from San Diego Lexus for 300$ + Shipping.
Going to install that as soon as it makes it here.
Next.... the sway bars maybe? I spent like 2 hours reading the massive thread on those, and I'm still a bit confused.
Old 05-16-14, 06:23 AM
nyanman
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by FSportIS
It is day and night different in handling with the REAR sway bar upgrade. Do this, make some hard corner especially in the freeway ramp with the stock for couple days and then do the same after the sway bar installed. Guarantee you smile

I tested on autocross and just wow!
--------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the advice. What is still not clear is whether I should get just the rear sway bar or the complete AWD sway bar kit. There is a big price difference and the front one looks like a pain to install.

Ah... I remember removing the rear sway bar on the Matrix with a 10 foot long breaker bar...
Old 05-16-14, 06:25 AM
reyoasian
Lexus Champion

250 better off with the set, 350 will see minimal gain with front
Old 05-16-14, 05:03 PM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

The rear sway bar will GREATLY reduce understeering (the front get loose) and even give you some (not a lot) oversteering (the rear get loose) when you push the car the limit such as heavy breaking under high speed and cornering at the same time. Since our car inherently are understeering, I would suggest getting the rear sway bar only.

The front sway bar will neutralize the whole car together. However, this will again leads to more chance of understeering comparing to the option of just having the rear sway bar.

I personally like a little bit oversteering and it is just fun lol.

Originally Posted by nyanman
--------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the advice. What is still not clear is whether I should get just the rear sway bar or the complete AWD sway bar kit. There is a big price difference and the front one looks like a pain to install.

Ah... I remember removing the rear sway bar on the Matrix with a 10 foot long breaker bar...
Old 05-16-14, 05:06 PM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

Yep. This is based on the the stiffness # provided by Lexus.

Originally Posted by reyoasian
250 better off with the set, 350 will see minimal gain with front

Quick Reply: Fsport intake. ( kinda weak)