Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

F-Sport Parts. Are they worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-13, 08:08 PM
surensm
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F-Sport Parts. Are they worth it?

I'm seriously looking forward to getting the intake, springs and sway bars. One question tho. I have the IS250 and I wonder if the intake will make the car feel a lot faster or just slightly faster (I already know about the negligible power increase). I know its like 250 for the intake.

The exhaust makes the car sound better, but how much better does it feel.

Then there's the sway bars. Both front and back make the car 40 something percent stiffer (each) for 500 bucks basically, compromising the damper response from individual springs.

Then the springs. All they do basically is make the car just barely lower right? Is there any difference in performance?

What other parts would you guys recommend?

Ultimately, I don't want to spend a penny on the IS250 because I feel like there's just no point.
Yet I do crave for better performance, so anything within reasonable limits will be good enough.
Old 01-03-13, 11:46 PM
Joshohoho
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The intake and exhaust gives you a gain that you'll barely notice. You'll notice the sound and it'll give you the feeling that your car is faster. the sway bars you'll definitely feel when turning at corners at >30mph.
Old 01-04-13, 05:01 AM
jbjones85
Lexus Test Driver

intake + exhaust = a few hp but the thing you will notice is an increase in sound which a lot of people equate to being faster.

The swaybars won't make the car any faster in a straight line but will make a huge different in the handling of the car. Same with the spring, plus you get the addend benefit of getting rid of the 4x4 ride height.
Old 01-04-13, 10:45 AM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

The only fsport part I would recommend is the rear sway bar.
Old 01-04-13, 10:58 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I'd recommend both bars personally.... everyone I've ever seen who did only the rear, then did the front later, found both bars worth doing
Old 01-04-13, 11:02 AM
Deegee
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Kurtz
I'd recommend both bars personally.... everyone I've ever seen who did only the rear, then did the front later, found both bars worth doing
This.

The only other Fsport part I would buy (mind you i live in texas and we dont have strict laws like Cali) is the Fsport clutch if you have a 6speed transmission.

Some people have said get the Fsport intake in cali cause it comes with a sticker indicating that it should pass emissions blah blah blah...
Old 01-04-13, 11:58 AM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Really? Is that true for both the 250 and 350? I think I rememeber reading that the front sways actually make a difference on one of the cars
Old 01-04-13, 03:06 PM
UniSlayEX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think it's great you want to modify your car and that you're looking forward to getting the intake, springs and sway bars done.

The intake in question will give you a throatier sound as noted in other threads of the same topic. Being in CA you wont have to worry about CARB or police pulling you over for an audibly modified vehicle (not like you'll get pulled over though - its a Lexus not a Honda)

I can't say how the exhaust makes you feel as I do not have it yet, but i have heard it and its nice. Others will say it's pricey when there are more options (theres an exhaust thread that covers this)

Sways are a plus hands down (official thread covers pitfalls). Springs/Shocks have their downsides - frankly, save up and buy coils. Any other parts are purely cosmetic and should be discussed elsewhere about the forums.

Ultimately, performance and the ISx50 are limited to the aforementioned.
Old 01-04-13, 09:28 PM
Jeff Lange
Keeping it Real
Forum Moderator

Received 612 Likes on 406 Posts

Originally Posted by bob4256
Really? Is that true for both the 250 and 350? I think I rememeber reading that the front sways actually make a difference on one of the cars
Bars are the same for IS250 and IS350.

Jeff
Old 01-05-13, 11:51 PM
kyoso23
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

If you want to get a noticeable power gain from your car, sell it and buy an identical IS350. Don't waste money on the intake, exhaust, unless you're looking for the sound of it.
Old 01-07-13, 08:12 PM
surensm
Driver

Originally Posted by kyoso23
If you want to get a noticeable power gain from your car, sell it and buy an identical IS350. Don't waste money on the intake, exhaust, unless you're looking for the sound of it.
well mines is a lease. If I could sell it I'd probably grab an evo x, but since I can't then I'm stuck. Thanks for the reply everyone.
Old 07-23-15, 03:27 PM
RL67
Driver School Candidate

hello everyone im rather new to the lexus lifestyle. i have a 2009 gs350 and i was curious.....are the fsport parts compatible w the 2009 gs'?? I was looking more so into struts, brakes, exhaust system and sways. any help please
Old 08-18-15, 09:30 PM
RL67
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by kyoso23
see thats the issue. im 6foot4 the gs already is a lil snug fit i cant go any smaller lol. and the 15' gs' forget about it. so at this point its only 1 way to go and thats up but that LS price tag isnt in my range quite yet.
Old 08-18-15, 09:31 PM
RL67
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Jeff Lange
Bars are the same for IS250 and IS350.

Jeff
i often see gs and is in the same conversation. are their parts interchangeable or sumthing??
Old 08-18-15, 09:35 PM
RL67
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by UniSlayEX
I think it's great you want to modify your car and that you're looking forward to getting the intake, springs and sway bars done.

The intake in question will give you a throatier sound as noted in other threads of the same topic. Being in CA you wont have to worry about CARB or police pulling you over for an audibly modified vehicle (not like you'll get pulled over though - its a Lexus not a Honda)

I can't say how the exhaust makes you feel as I do not have it yet, but i have heard it and its nice. Others will say it's pricey when there are more options (theres an exhaust thread that covers this)

Sways are a plus hands down (official thread covers pitfalls). Springs/Shocks have their downsides - frankly, save up and buy coils. Any other parts are purely cosmetic and should be discussed elsewhere about the forums.

Ultimately, performance and the ISx50 are limited to the aforementioned.
springs/shocks? are different from coils?? man i feel like the freshman for real!! ill have to check out the forum on exhausts. i didnt even know there was a difference in coils and springs

Quick Reply: F-Sport Parts. Are they worth it?