Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Just recieved PPE Headers for 01 GS430 - Unboxing.

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-12, 07:58 AM
neegroy
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Just recieved PPE Headers for 01 GS430 - Unboxing.

woot woot. excited as shiettttt! lol. took some quick snap shots of the headers itself.

just wondering what these little dimples are for.
wanted to follow up on some info before i slap these bad boys on,

Old 10-26-12, 08:37 AM
AKS14
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dimples could possibly be for steering shaft clearance?
Old 10-27-12, 05:27 AM
neegroy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by AKS14
Dimples could possibly be for steering shaft clearance?
possible. thanks for the input bro.

I believe that was the issue that PPE had when the first couple of batches came out.
Old 10-29-12, 01:55 AM
sLOWaristo
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Aaghh so jealous, I wish I could've gathered the funds to get in on this gb(new baby). Good for you bro, let us know what you think after the install.
Old 10-29-12, 07:10 AM
neegroy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by sLOWaristo
Aaghh so jealous, I wish I could've gathered the funds to get in on this gb(new baby). Good for you bro, let us know what you think after the install.
thanks bro. yeah i know it is. but from the original price to what we got as a gb was a big difference. i believe on the ppe website they raised the price from 650 to 699 plus shipping. we got it for like 530 something i think not sure.

If i had a new baby( congratulations ), trust me bro, i would be in the same position your in. im waiting for hurricane SANDY to pass so the weather gets alittle better to install them. ill def keep you posted.
Old 10-31-12, 09:51 PM
nano310
Driver School Candidate

Question

man, im hatting right now! jk. they look bad ***. i cant believe u gonna wait to install them! I would have been under the lex right now working on swapping out the stock ones..
hopefully u can do pics of like before & after Cause im damn sure they gonna look hard as *%ck under the hood!

Let us know how big of a difference u feel in horsepower!
Old 10-31-12, 09:57 PM
Vroomin350
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on your new headers neegroy
Old 11-01-12, 11:52 AM
nano310
Driver School Candidate

Exclamation OBX SS Headers vs PPE Headers

sorry if im out of line on asking this. if so let me know & my apologies in advance! still a newbee..

Im looking into some OBX headers im thinking about purchasing for my 430.
are they comparable?
does anyone know if their cheap quality?
whats the gauge size on the PPE header?

i do know this about em!
•16 gauge T-304 stainless steel mandrel bend.
•3/8" CNC machine flanges with TIG and MIG welded construction..
Old 11-01-12, 06:08 PM
AVSRacing
Instructor

Received 90 Likes on 79 Posts

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...400-gs430.html

I made a thread about it before, and I also ordered PPE headers, its just not worth risking cheaping out a few hundred bucks for an inferior product and risk having the headers not fit or poor quality.

Its not a easy install, I was quoted around 13-16 hours by the book, so the last thing you want is to have taken everything off and new headers not work out.
Old 11-09-12, 08:13 PM
nano310
Driver School Candidate

damn neegroy, U still havent installed ur new Headers! Let us know when u do, & try to get some before & after pics!
Old 11-09-12, 08:17 PM
nano310
Driver School Candidate

Oh, & thanks for that link OVSracing, I dont think I wanna deal with the hassling & risk getting cheaper headers that might end up craking, then half to uninstall it again. I rather spend the extra buck just to get good quality.. Thanks again..
Old 11-10-12, 07:34 AM
neegroy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by nano310
Oh, & thanks for that link OVSracing, I dont think I wanna deal with the hassling & risk getting cheaper headers that might end up craking, then half to uninstall it again. I rather spend the extra buck just to get good quality.. Thanks again..
good point nano!

damn neegroy, U still havent installed ur new Headers! Let us know when u do, & try to get some before & after pics!
Yeah i know trust me, im just as anxious as you guys are! Not sure if you guys are aware, but the east coast was pounded by Hurricane Sandy. Major flooding and wind damage. EVERYTHING was affected. Dude think about it, NYERS had to wait on long lines to wait for gas. There was a gas ration... lol thats why its been taking so long sorry guys

Originally Posted by AVSRacing
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...400-gs430.html

I made a thread about it before, and I also ordered PPE headers, its just not worth risking cheaping out a few hundred bucks for an inferior product and risk having the headers not fit or poor quality.

Its not a easy install, I was quoted around 13-16 hours by the book, so the last thing you want is to have taken everything off and new headers not work out.
Good point avs. There are alot of knock offs on ebay and those other websites. Yes they are cheaper but do they work? and how long do they last?

sorry if im out of line on asking this. if so let me know & my apologies in advance! still a newbee..

Im looking into some OBX headers im thinking about purchasing for my 430.
are they comparable?
does anyone know if their cheap quality?
whats the gauge size on the PPE header?

i do know this about em!
•16 gauge T-304 stainless steel mandrel bend.
•3/8" CNC machine flanges with TIG and MIG welded construction..
Originally Posted by Vroomin350
Congrats on your new headers neegroy
Thanks bro! Finally some performance options for us v8ers'

man, im hatting right now! jk. they look bad ***. i cant believe u gonna wait to install them! I would have been under the lex right now working on swapping out the stock ones..
hopefully u can do pics of like before & after Cause im damn sure they gonna look hard as *%ck under the hood!

Let us know how big of a difference u feel in horsepower!

I definitely would let you know asap! As soon as things get a bit back to normal, the headers are on my first to do list olol!
Old 11-17-12, 05:23 AM
neegroy
Lexus Champion

alright fellas. last night we finally got the finishing touches on the headers. everythings good to go! sounds great too.

butt... heres the problem, the picture i took with the dimple; IT STILL DOES NOT CLEAR THE STEERING SHAFT!!!! F#%^ MAN!

my friend said he might have to take the headers off again [ driver side ] and from what it looks like, the heatsheild for the steering shaft. i mean dont get me wrong it drives and it turns but, you'll def feel / hear that grinding noise from the steering wheel.

anyone eles that got in on the groupbuy putem in yet?
Old 11-17-12, 10:41 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by neegroy
IT STILL DOES NOT CLEAR THE STEERING SHAFT!!!! F#%^ MAN!
did you install new mounts while you were in there? if so it should help sit a little higher without the sag of hitting the shaft, i had the same issue when i installed my PPE headers

my drivers side was remade before attempting install, then after finishing install so i had 3 drivers side headers.....still have one in the garage
Old 11-17-12, 01:50 PM
neegroy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by sakataj
did you install new mounts while you were in there? if so it should help sit a little higher without the sag of hitting the shaft, i had the same issue when i installed my PPE headers

my drivers side was remade before attempting install, then after finishing install so i had 3 drivers side headers.....still have one in the garage

you mean the motor mounts? yeah i did. i dont know what to doo...

Quick Reply: Just recieved PPE Headers for 01 GS430 - Unboxing.