Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

PPE headers and stock midpipes???

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-12, 09:25 AM
ZhenyaIS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PPE headers and stock midpipes???

Hey Guys,

I have searched the forum but still unable to find conclusive answer to my question. As of right now, I have M2 axle back exhaust and I was planning on putting on Invidia midpipes and a PPE header to have a more free flowing exhaust. After much research and videos on Youtube with similar setups its seems that its unbarebaly loud. I have also read that multiple people have put their stock midpipes back on while leaving the PPE header on. My question is that the dyno gains for PPE headers are based on full cat back exhaust and if your put back the stock midpipes back on with the header aren't you creating a bottleneck? What power gains should one be expecting with PPE header, stock midpipes, and axle back exhaust? Is there a point to have a PPE header with stock midpipes since the stock midpipes are creating a restriction?
Old 10-08-12, 09:34 AM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

ppe with invidia , with m2 exhaust not sure but i can tell you invidia and ppe header going to be very very loud, U better keep stock mid pipe only 2 rwhp different from stock to after market.
Old 10-08-12, 10:03 AM
ZhenyaIS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, I saw a video on Youtube with PPE headers, invidia midpipes, and f sport exhaust and it was way too loud. I am trying to figure out if there is a point of doing PPE headers with stock midpipes since there is still restriction or just buy Invidia midpipes and leave at that.