Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Finished: Custom AEM EMS V2 Install IS300 - plug n play what?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-12, 03:56 PM
mitsuguy
Maintenance Moderator

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

I have thought about installing my emanate ultimate, only to skew the MAF signal, to fool the factory ecu... I have also thought about a way to do this with the AEM... last but not least, have really put some thought into an aftermarket level and gauge and who cares if it moved around alot...
Old 11-05-12, 07:40 PM
exist3nce
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How is it then that mine works correctly and linearly with 850cc injectors?
Old 11-05-12, 08:52 PM
mitsuguy
Maintenance Moderator

Originally Posted by exist3nce
How is it then that mine works correctly and linearly with 850cc injectors?
No idea at all... You are the only one I've ever heard of with a properly functioning fuel gauge and big injectors... seriously...
Old 11-06-12, 09:11 AM
jsmacks
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mitsuguy
No idea at all... You are the only one I've ever heard of with a properly functioning fuel gauge and big injectors... seriously...
I'm getting the feeling that "correctly" is highly subjective in this case as well.
Old 06-24-13, 07:41 PM
exist3nce
Driver

So I have something further to add to this..

I have just converted my throttle body to a SupraTT cable throttle..... and guess what.... I now get the exact same weird fuel readings as you mitsuguy. Keep in mind up until this point my gauge was still reading linearly and correctly.

So that certainly tells us something interesting... now that my DBW system is in fault (I have several codes related to this) it totally throws off my gas gauge readings. I am still using the exact same TPS sensor, just that now the peddle position sensor and DBW motor are not plugged in.

Whats also interesting is that the system is very much linked to the MPG gauge as you mentioned... As the ECU does not seem to detect the faults right away it takes a minute or so of driving during which time my MPG gauge still works and fuel level actually drops as it normally would. After that my TRAC light starts blinking and the MPG gauge just sits at the top while driving around and at the bottom while stopped.

I just tried taking apart the old DBW throttle body and removed the motor and pedal accel sensor to try just having them plugged in to see if the ECU would be happy enough with that - but no luck it still faults out.

I've got another idea which may work, which I'll try when I get more time...
Old 08-01-13, 10:51 PM
Turbocivic
Driver School Candidate

I like to do this swap cause I want to swap Supra TT Auto into my IS. Thanks for sharing info
Old 08-01-13, 10:53 PM
mitsuguy
Maintenance Moderator

glad to be of assistance... obviously you will need some more additional wiring, as the existing A650 stuff wont work, but, thats easy if you can do the rest of the stuff
Old 08-08-13, 09:32 PM
vereak82
Driver School Candidate

Nice write up!
Old 09-27-13, 07:12 PM
Turbocivic
Driver School Candidate

Do you have access to another AEM 6100
Old 04-28-14, 06:56 AM
mitsuguy
Maintenance Moderator

just a heads up, on 23 psi and a Mustang Dyno, this car now makes 500 whp / 476 wtq, on 26 psi, using Virtual Dyno and Dynojet settings, it makes 630 whp, about 540 if it was on the Mustang Dyno...

it is a whole lot of fun!

Last edited by mitsuguy; 04-28-14 at 05:40 PM.
Old 05-29-14, 01:51 PM
DoomLight
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So I have the 30-6050 Honda box from drift motion. My engine ran when it was hooked up to a 1jz. Now I have a 2jzgte vvti. And it won't run. It doesnt see cam signal.

I did manage to see those super small resistors were still on the board for R2 and R4. So if I have those removed, the aem will see cam signal better?
Old 05-29-14, 08:30 PM
mitsuguy
Maintenance Moderator

Originally Posted by DoomLight
So I have the 30-6050 Honda box from drift motion. My engine ran when it was hooked up to a 1jz. Now I have a 2jzgte vvti. And it won't run. It doesnt see cam signal.

I did manage to see those super small resistors were still on the board for R2 and R4. So if I have those removed, the aem will see cam signal better?
Are you running it in conjunction with another ECU?

The map for VVTI cam/crank sensor setup is not correct in the setup wizard... email me mitsuguy@gmail.com and I can get you the right cal file to get stat sync...
Old 05-29-14, 08:55 PM
DoomLight
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mitsuguy
Are you running it in conjunction with another ECU?

The map for VVTI cam/crank sensor setup is not correct in the setup wizard... email me mitsuguy@gmail.com and I can get you the right cal file to get stat sync...
No. Just the aem solely. Its in my SC300.
Old 03-08-15, 04:34 AM
twojayzed
Driver School Candidate

Hey guys, digging this thread up a little but i'm getting desperate on my driftmotion 6050 aem box, ran fine on my 1jz but now i have a 2jz gte vvti like Doomlight. Seems there is so much information about making this work scattered around the internet, but piecing it all together is a challenge. Doomlight did you end up having to remove those resistors to get it to run?
Old 03-08-15, 09:06 PM
mitsuguy
Maintenance Moderator

Originally Posted by twojayzed
Hey guys, digging this thread up a little but i'm getting desperate on my driftmotion 6050 aem box, ran fine on my 1jz but now i have a 2jz gte vvti like Doomlight. Seems there is so much information about making this work scattered around the internet, but piecing it all together is a challenge. Doomlight did you end up having to remove those resistors to get it to run?
Resistors only need removed if you run dual ECU.

I can send you a calibration file if you need one that works with VVTI cam and crank sensors.

Quick Reply: Finished: Custom AEM EMS V2 Install IS300 - plug n play what?