Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

CARB stickers for F-Sport intake

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-11, 10:39 AM
JYOO
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sewell just emailed me back (pretty quick). They said a bunch of people are also claiming missing stickers from this past recent sale. Unfortunately they said.... " These stickers are already included with the kit thus Lexus does not readily allow individual pieces (the stickers) to be obtained easily. " But they said they on order from Lexus and will give all of us a tracking number soon.

Last edited by JYOO; 12-09-11 at 10:43 AM.
Old 12-10-11, 09:05 AM
jenericIS
Driver School Candidate

I received my F-sport intake and it too was missing the 2 stickers. I emailed Sewell and they promptly mailed the stickers within a few days. The invoice noted each stickers were $7 and shipping from TX to CA was $9.
Old 12-10-11, 11:22 AM
MrBBQ
Lexus Test Driver

Interesting why so many peoples' F-Sport intake is missing the two stickers. I bought mines 3 month ago from Sewell with other stuff, but no problems with anything missing. The reuseable filter sticker is whatever IMO, but the Carb sticker is pretty important to prove it's not illegal in crazy states like CA.
Old 02-12-12, 04:24 PM
felixsc300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Digging this up from the grave: I installed my intake today and only had the cleaning sticker - the emissions sticker was nowhere to be found. I e-mailed Sewell, hopefully they'll respond quickly (from past experience, they took five days to respond). In the mean time, has anyone had any luck securing replacement stickers free of charge from Sewell?
Old 02-12-12, 06:37 PM
dorkacho
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Oh no . . I never even checked to see if mine had these .. not good
Old 07-12-12, 01:15 PM
UniSlayEX
Lexus Test Driver

does anyone know where just to get the reusable filter sticker then??
Old 07-17-12, 01:48 PM
UniSlayEX
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by UniSlayEX
does anyone know where just to get the reusable filter sticker then??
So in a small conversation with Sewell, I bring you .... The "Do Not Oil" sticker ...

http://is.sewellparts.com/accessorie...2008/1853.html
Old 08-20-12, 01:36 PM
08IS350
Driver

If I just buy Air filter ( PTR0353082 ) and F-sport Air intake Tube (PTR0353083), do i need to buy emision sticker/label? Does it come with it or I have to buy it? I am in CA so i need a label. Where do you install a label?

Thanks.
Old 08-28-12, 09:58 PM
UniSlayEX
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 08IS350
If I just buy Air filter ( PTR0353082 ) and F-sport Air intake Tube (PTR0353083), do i need to buy emision sticker/label? Does it come with it or I have to buy it? I am in CA so i need a label. Where do you install a label?

Thanks.
The filter and the tube are not all the parts to the kit. You're missing the lower box (has another hole in the box).
Really, the f-sport components provide a direct flow of air while utilizing the stock components. The lower box has an extra hole which allows more air in / intake is more audible. Filter (reusable) allows more air to be "inhaled" while still removing foreign objects and the aluminum(?) tube's construction differs from the stock tube with regards to sound.

I don't really know why CA is restricted, but living in CA I know I need to have the sticker. If you are purchasing the parts second hand or seperately, you will need to buy the stickers. The instructions show where to place the stickers. CARB on the hood and the Filter on the top intake box.
Old 10-10-15, 05:38 PM
DVS
Driver

Bump - I just installed the F Sport Intake which I bought from San Diego Lexus and there is only one sticker for the Do not Remove Filter etc.. but no Carb sticker?? I'm hearing everyone talk about it but is there an actually picture of the Carb Sticker it so I can prove to the Lexus dealer??
Old 10-10-15, 11:44 PM
DVS
Driver

Ok - Just found this - looks like the Carb Sticker is separate:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEXUS-IS-250...-/252094213706

Meets California Air Resources Board requirements
Emissions-legal in all 50 states

Emissions Compliance Information:

A new process has been implemented. The Emissions Label is No Longer included in the Performance Air Intake Kit.

This F-Sport/TRD Performance Air Intake Kit has received 50-State Emissions Compliance via the California Air Resources Board (CARB). Not all states require the Emissions Compliance Label but it is recommend to order one. To receive the proper Emissions Compliance Label for this F-Sport/TRD Performance Air Intake Kit,
Old 10-11-15, 10:25 PM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I just walked up to my local dealers parts counter and bought one for $5.
Old 12-07-15, 08:25 AM
Ktran1039
Driver

Originally Posted by Sffd103
I just walked up to my local dealers parts counter and bought one for $5.
Idk if the chick was new or not. I asked for a carb sticker and she handed me one and I asked how much. She said "its not in the system so i cant ring it up"....I even asked "its free? No charge?"..... Shoulder shrugged it out of the dealership haha
Old 12-14-15, 07:09 PM
hocheung20
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Ktran1039
Idk if the chick was new or not. I asked for a carb sticker and she handed me one and I asked how much. She said "its not in the system so i cant ring it up"....I even asked "its free? No charge?"..... Shoulder shrugged it out of the dealership haha
What exactly did you ask for and how did you know they had one before you walked up there?
Old 12-15-15, 01:30 PM
Ktran1039
Driver

Originally Posted by hocheung20
What exactly did you ask for and how did you know they had one before you walked up there?
At the parts counter.

I asked "do you have any f sport intake carb stickers?"

Worker- "oh yes we just got some in, let me grab one"

"Here you go, all set"

Me- "oh you dont need to ring it up? You just hand them out? Its free? No charge?" 0.o

Worker- "no, i dont see it in the system"

*no need for further questions so I walked out lol.

Quick Reply: CARB stickers for F-Sport intake