Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Blitz Sonic Air Cleaner Intake

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-06, 11:46 AM
RCFormante
Supercharged!

Received 61 Likes on 26 Posts
Default Blitz Sonic Air Cleaner Intake

http://www.blitz.co.jp/products/airc...sonicpower.htm

Old 06-29-06, 12:01 PM
Tony1
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That thing looks like it will atract heat like crazy
Old 06-29-06, 12:13 PM
Kipperm13
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

oh thats where my pot went for cooking pasta.... i forgot i put it on my $43,000 car..
Old 06-29-06, 12:13 PM
mlee21
Lexus Test Driver

looks pretty crazy
Old 06-29-06, 12:17 PM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 62 Likes on 30 Posts

My gosh could they have made it any uglier!?
Old 06-29-06, 05:24 PM
GOBUCS
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kipperm13
oh thats where my pot went for cooking pasta.... i forgot i put it on my $43,000 car..
Damm, looks like you could eat the pasta right off that sparkling engine compartment. Mmmmmm.

Now I know where they put unused Chemistry lab centrifuges.
Old 06-29-06, 05:46 PM
sashax415
Pole Position

Originally Posted by caymandive
My gosh could they have made it any uglier!?
Luckily its covered...and i bet you could get some major ram air action with a couple feet of laundry tubing in the lower vent
Old 06-29-06, 06:06 PM
RshaoKh
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Anyone know if this intake filters better than Blitz's SUS Power Intakes? The SUS intake didn't do a very good job at keeping a lot of dirt out...

http://mkiv.com/techarticles/filters_test/2/
Old 06-30-06, 10:35 AM
uschardcor
Lexus Test Driver

that test is a translation from japanese to english, and done wrongly at that. it doesn't mean *****
Old 06-30-06, 10:38 AM
uschardcor
Lexus Test Driver

http://www.blitz-performance.com/Bli...e_CarbonIn.htm
Old 07-01-06, 12:08 AM
RshaoKh
Pole Position

Originally Posted by uschardcor
that test is a translation from japanese to english, and done wrongly at that. it doesn't mean *****
Could you explain how it was done wrongly? I'm not bashing you or anything but I just want to know what's wrong with the testing? They stated that a vacuum was used in conjunction with each intake and dirt or whatever was dropped onto it. Where in that process is it wrong? From the pics, I see a picture of the intake and the cleanliness of the filter so I don't really see how there was any "translation errors."
Now at the bottom it does state that the original data isn't verified but I couldn't find any other sites that did tests like this. I actually owned the Blitz SUS Power intake on my previous car and whenever I took it off to clean it, some parts of the intake tubing AND inside the intake had a layer (not much but enough to make me wonder) of black dust. I'm not sure about the other intakes but this one didn't seem to filter too well. If you look at the intake in person it doesn't seem like it could filter as much as the foam mesh intake filters. I'm not here to say which brand of intake is better, I'm just curious if the intake the OP posted about does a better job than the Blitz SUS Power intake (which doesn't do a good job IMO).

Last edited by RshaoKh; 07-01-06 at 12:28 AM.
Old 07-01-06, 08:59 AM
uschardcor
Lexus Test Driver

i'm not getting into it, i dont have time, but that test has been proven to be translated by a moron many a times. the guy looked at the pictures and inferred the story. the original test was done in japanese.
Old 07-01-06, 09:44 AM
RshaoKh
Pole Position

Well it would be nice if you could provide some proof if you're going to talk about the reliability of some site rather than say it sucks and not explain it. I tried searching for it but I couldn't find other similar tests with the Blitz SUS Power intake or people claiming the invalidity of the author/translated article. I'm here to use this forum to get information, not to say something isn't good without supporting evidence. Besides, I wouldn't mind if you showed me how that source is unreliable since I don't want to be walking around with false information.

Even if the author of that site inferred conclusions from those pictures, how "wrong" can it be in terms of translation. I see 4 filters next to each intake and how clean they were after the test. Also, the "translation" came from a car magazine. So far, most car magazines that I read that do tests don't use complicated pictures or graphs that can be easily misinterpreted.

my.is also lists this site under intake faqs.
http://my.is/forums/showthread.php?p...78#post3233378

Does it mean that my source is 100% correct because other people use it as a source as well? Not really... but people still use it as a reliable source. Now unless you can read Japanese and you have the actual Japanese article then could you please upload it so I can find someone who can read it and translate it for me.

My original question was if the intake the OP posted did a better job at filtering dirt out. My link was used to show that the Blitz SUS Power intake didn't filter too well. Also, based from MY experience, the intake doesn't filter too well. Do you own all the intakes listed on that site and have you done your own personal test? Did you come to a conclusion that was totally opposite from that site? IF you did conduct a similar test is it possible if you could do one comparing the Blitz SUS intake and the Blitz Sonic intake? I just want to know if the Sonic intake filters better than the SUS Power intake.

If you still don't have the "time" to post your proof then it would be nice if you wouldn't make posts like "that doesn't mean ****." If it's been proven many times, you shouldn't have too much trouble finding your proof. That's just flaming and doesn't help with my question.

Last edited by RshaoKh; 07-01-06 at 10:12 AM.