Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

JZZ30 will not start after being stored

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-16, 07:04 PM
92blacktt
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default JZZ30 will not start after being stored

I had my jzz30 in storage for two years and now it will not start. I noticed that the fuel gauge is blinking while showing full (it has a digital dash obviously).

The fuel was nearly empty, I added 6L of premium (92 Octane). The engine turns over just fine and starter is engaging but the engine will not start.

Any advice on what the issue could be?

Thank you,
Old 08-25-16, 09:20 PM
oSUPRAo
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know being a smart a** won't help, but did you really expect a car sitting for 2 years to just fire right up? Start with the basics and check fuel and spark. I'm no expert but my guess is clogged fuel injectors. That poor car...
Old 08-26-16, 05:07 AM
TXMAG
Driver

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Lots of things could be an issue depending on the steps you took to store it.
If you have an old battery I'd let it charge for a bit just to make sure it isn't weak.
When you turn the ignition to on, do you hear a noise from the fuel pump? If not you may have an issue with that circuit or a dead pump.
You can also check for spark by pulling a plug, inserting it into the wire then laying it on top of the intake manifold. Crank the car and see if there is a spark. This is easier with two people. Or you can buy spark tester which is my preferred method.
Old 08-26-16, 12:13 PM
92blacktt
Intermediate

Originally Posted by TXMAG
Lots of things could be an issue depending on the steps you took to store it.
If you have an old battery I'd let it charge for a bit just to make sure it isn't weak.
When you turn the ignition to on, do you hear a noise from the fuel pump? If not you may have an issue with that circuit or a dead pump.
You can also check for spark by pulling a plug, inserting it into the wire then laying it on top of the intake manifold. Crank the car and see if there is a spark. This is easier with two people. Or you can buy spark tester which is my preferred method.
I put a new battery and charged it. I don't hear the fuel pump, but I never really noticed it. I am gonna have someone listen for it at the tank and try again.
The diag port has a bi-pass for fuel pump ecu so I can fault test that circuit.
Old 09-09-16, 03:56 PM
92blacktt
Intermediate

Installed a bosch 044 intank and the car is running again! Using stock pump ecu as well.

Last edited by 92blacktt; 09-27-16 at 10:10 PM.