Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

sc400 misfire help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-16, 08:21 PM
bboykid10
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sc400 misfire help!!!

hi i am new on clublexus! i have been having a misfire issue for 2 months now and still havent gotten it fixed.....the car misses when i start it, when i drive and when it idles in parked. i added techron fuel injectors cleaner and i ran it hard today and it started idle surge and stalled at a redlight with a check engine light on, started it back up and light was gone and idles fine again but still misses. i have replaced spark plugs, spark plug wires, coil packs, coil buttons, fuel filter, etc. also checked for compression and compression was fine. i am new to this car and im in love with it but i am stumped that i am running into this issue. no one seems to want to help me on this car either :l (shaky misfire)
Old 06-26-16, 09:31 AM
JasGS350
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Welcome to CL. Sorry to hear. You might want to check and see if the timing belt skipped a tooth. I had the same issues, and replaced everything you did, and the camshaft sensor which the error codes pointed me to. I replaced it, same problem. I then put my motor TDC and looked at each cam gear, and the passenger side was off a tooth(white marks on gear and bottom gear cover should line up).. Once I got it back on track, car ran perfect. Good luck, and let us know if this fixed your issue, may help others in the future. - Jason
Old 06-26-16, 10:16 AM
bboykid10
Driver School Candidate

weird question but there is no way to do this without disassembly?
Old 06-26-16, 02:44 PM
t2d2
Lead Lap

Received 229 Likes on 209 Posts

I would start with getting the ECU serviced, if it hasn't been done already.
Old 07-09-17, 02:03 PM
leaderpvp
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Having similar issue with my sc4 now.(1993)
the car is shaking badly at idle, but, only with a/c on and D or R. Not happens in parking or neutral. Sometimes it is a single shake, sometimes it is a serie if shakes, but happens constantly. Idling about 1k rpm on parking, when standing in D it idles at about 200rpm sometimes even less.
I have done timing with water pump, ngk cables, new oem plugs, cleaned ICSValve, new thermostat, new colling temp sensors, new tps, fuel filter, oil filter, oil, air filter. Car has 178k miles on clock.

Driving bumpy road may shut the car...
Waiting for coilpacks arrival, egr cleanup, pcv valve + valves covers gaskets replacement, knock sensors, new maf...

Error codes constat on left bank main o2 sensor, sometimes spitting air temp signal (checked maf - reporting correctly), now got error for engine working lean. (my engine running very hot, sometimes fenders crazy hot. The heat getting into the car, you can not drive w.o. a.c turned on - engine internal temp is 80C°). My catalysts are not glowing red after driving. Additional thing, seems it tries to shut down when driving light on gas between 60 and 80 kmh... When taking off the line without flooring, the car is jumping until around 20mph (when it gets rpm to not shake?).
Crazy thing sets me off mind.
* When i cleaned ISC valve, had hell of carbon on it, could egr conform to lean ? O2 ? Vacuum leak ? Coil packs ? Distributors ? Anything else you suspect we not done yet ?
if you can recognize familiar behavior - please Help!!

Last edited by leaderpvp; 07-09-17 at 02:11 PM.
Old 07-13-17, 11:59 AM
72corolla
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by bboykid10
hi i am new on clublexus! i have been having a misfire issue for 2 months now and still havent gotten it fixed.....the car misses when i start it, when i drive and when it idles in parked. i added techron fuel injectors cleaner and i ran it hard today and it started idle surge and stalled at a redlight with a check engine light on, started it back up and light was gone and idles fine again but still misses. i have replaced spark plugs, spark plug wires, coil packs, coil buttons, fuel filter, etc. also checked for compression and compression was fine. i am new to this car and im in love with it but i am stumped that i am running into this issue. no one seems to want to help me on this car either :l (shaky misfire)
try and see if your car runs the same with the passenger front injector unplugged.that was my misfire issue.if it is a bad injector Replace the fuel filter at the same time too.also you can use a long screwdriver to touch the injector and put the handle next to your ear to hear the injector pulse(ticking) if one is bad you will hear a very noticeable difference.hope that helps,good luck and may the misfire gods be on your side lol
Old 12-01-22, 08:12 PM
Farplanet
1st Gear

I have the exact
same problem too! have u found out what the problem is?