Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > SC Models > SC 400/300 > Performance & Maintenance
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Anyone ever thought of using a p28 honda Ecu for 1uzfe?

Old 06-24-14, 09:58 PM   #1
poorsupra
Pole Position
Trader Score: (10)

Default Anyone ever thought of using a p28 honda Ecu for 1uzfe?

A buddy of mine is a diehard honda guy(I daily a honda too) however the other day while talking shop I was explaining the need to go full standalone with my 1uz turbo in order to better utilize the setup. He proposed an idea, since the lex is wasted spark, why couldn't you run a chipped p28 honda Ecu? It's map sensor, very tuner friendly. It wouldn't be As sophisticated as an aem box but it could possibly work. I'm no wiring guru by any means, I am simply a 1uz owner looking for answers. I'm sure I'm probably over looking something. But if anyone has any insight on problems or concerns please chime in.

Flame suit is on.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
poorsupra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-14, 08:14 AM   #2
babowc
Driver
Trader Score: (1)

I feel like the cost of converting the wiring harness would alone be a challenge, not to mention that the p28 ecu is for a 4 cylinder..

If you're going to rewire your harness, just go standalone. Megasquirt is a good option for the DIY'er.
Old 06-25-14, 04:59 PM   #3
fourstars
Rookie
Trader Score: (0)

P28 on a lexus, why down grade. i would rather run a standalone setup like mention above. to make it work its all possible pin and de-pin, but i see no reason using the P28. P28 in the honda world is a piece of work. and i used to do hondas too. they are really good ecus and handles really well. you dont see a lot of bad P28 as you would with lexus ecus..
fourstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-14, 07:41 PM   #4
poorsupra
Pole Position
Trader Score: (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by babowc View Post
I feel like the cost of converting the wiring harness would alone be a challenge, not to mention that the p28 ecu is for a 4 cylinder..

If you're going to rewire your harness, just go standalone. Megasquirt is a good option for the DIY'er.
in a wasted spark system, which the 1uz has, you can batch fire cylinders, hence a 4cyl ecu will work.

and its just an idea. there isnt much to wire up a p28, pretty simple if you ask me. ecu thats chipped and socketed is 100$ or so. then its MAX 250/300 for a dyno tune.

im just tallying up the cost and figure(minumum pricing) ecu: V1 aem- 750-800$(on a good day). wiring: panic wiring loom 350$. dyno session that includes initial basemap set up and tune-? id guess 7/800$. 2k later my car is tuned. add a map sensor, ait, etc and its more.
Old 06-25-14, 07:41 PM