Injectors ? - Club Lexus Forums

Log In 

Injectors ?

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-14-14, 05:46 PM   #1
Aswilley
Driver
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 178
Default Injectors ?

does anyone know what brand / part number Injectors fit a 97+ SC300... I know the lower runners have different Injector seats then the 92-95 models.. but does anyone have any leads as to where I can find drop in, high impedance injectors for a 96-01 .. I am specifically looking for 550cc but have had no luck so far.. all i have found are for older style OBDI cars.
Aswilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-14, 07:36 PM   #2
ashtray
Lexus Champion
iTrader: (12)
 
ashtray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,282
Default

EBay. Is300 550 cc injectors. Or swap lower runners.
ashtray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-14, 07:38 PM   #3
ashtray
Lexus Champion
iTrader: (12)
 
ashtray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,282
Default

I know what you're getting at and honestly read the gte ecu mod thread last few pages. Should clear out up for you. Our search supra forums. I have the exact same thread there
ashtray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-14, 07:53 PM   #4
Aswilley
Driver
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 178
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtray View Post
I know what you're getting at and honestly read the gte ecu mod thread last few pages. Should clear out up for you. Our search supra forums. I have the exact same thread there
I am 37 pages down in the TT ECU MOD thread lol.. I even made new diagrams for 97+ OBDII Cars that Ali SC3 and I are correcting before posting.. I think I will be one of the first people to run a JDM ecu on and OBDII car because I am emissions exempt.. just waiting for my UEGO to show up and the injector issue of course..

I believe what you are talking about is around PG-110 right?

guess I misinterpreted what I was reading time to re-read lol

thanks for the help tho
Aswilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-14, 10:22 PM   #5
ashtray
Lexus Champion
iTrader: (12)
 
ashtray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,282
Default

Why don't you keep theOBDII? Or is it personal preference? Either way there are now many options for you to pick from that are daily reliable
ashtray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-14, 10:20 AM   #6
Aswilley
Driver
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 178
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtray View Post
Why don't you keep theOBDII? Or is it personal preference? Either way there are now many options for you to pick from that are daily reliable
I am emissions exempt for one, cost is the second, and third I already have all the OBDI parts ..

I gave up on trying to find me needle in a haystack.. (USDM OBDII 96-97 non-vvti Auto) I have posted and searched everywhere I know of and the only one I found was a "Mine's" Supra ECU for $2400 used... And I didn't think he made USDM ECU's

Couldn't swallow that one so I figured this was an OK route for me, and way more cost effective.. I sourced out the TT MAF... $1,038 + tax from Toyota.. Man are they proud of those.. Even a NAPA Reman or an off brand Richpport Tecnlogies was still around $564..

At that point I could have bought an AEM FIC and stayed OBDII but that seemed just as complicated as swapping ECU's doing a few small mods (A/C an Tac) .. Plus cost to tune it would have wound up costing more.. Just figured do it the JDM route and leave the rest behind me ... Literally lol

Last edited by Aswilley; 06-15-14 at 10:48 AM.
Aswilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-14, 12:31 PM   #7
INTIMAZY
Lexus Test Driver
iTrader: (5)
 
INTIMAZY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NY
Posts: 1,122
Default

You're AEM standalone money now. Not sure if it's worth all the work ESPECIALLY if you're emissions exempt. Tuning on your own is really not hard at all and theres plenty of base maps laying around online.
INTIMAZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-14, 07:15 PM   #8
Aswilley
Driver
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 178
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by INTIMAZY View Post
You're AEM standalone money now. Not sure if it's worth all the work ESPECIALLY if you're emissions exempt. Tuning on your own is really not hard at all and theres plenty of base maps laying around online.
I haven't even come close to AEM Money yet.. It cost me just under $250 to get everything I needed for my TT ECU Mod and swapping it in shouldn't be that hard.. if i was to quote labor on it.. I'd say 4hrs.. so lets call it $750 for everything if I was to pay someone to.. still not even close to $1800 for an AEM or even $1300 for a used one
Aswilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-14, 08:39 AM   #9
Ali SC3
Lexus Fanatic
iTrader: (10)
 
Ali SC3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: CO
Posts: 9,051
Default

I was working on testing an IS300 injector on the 96-97 lower runner, but I haven't ordered one yet and ashtray got one but then didn't have enough time to send it over. I plan on grabbing one off ebay to check out or someone can also do that. These injectors are the best chance at fitting the stock lower runner, but I have not tried of verified it yet so its just a theory.

besides that some people are using the obd1 injectors on the obd2 lower runner with the obd2 injector orings. they sort of fit and will seal up depending on the shape of the aftermarket obd1 injector you use. I would personally swap out the lower runner or try and test an IS injector just to be on the safe side, but it seems lots try the obd1 injector on the obd2 runner with success for lower power builds.
Ali SC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-14, 12:17 PM   #10
Aswilley
Driver
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 178
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali SC3 View Post
I was working on testing an IS300 injector on the 96-97 lower runner, but I haven't ordered one yet and ashtray got one but then didn't have enough time to send it over. I plan on grabbing one off ebay to check out or someone can also do that. These injectors are the best chance at fitting the stock lower runner, but I have not tried of verified it yet so its just a theory.

besides that some people are using the obd1 injectors on the obd2 lower runner with the obd2 injector orings. they sort of fit and will seal up depending on the shape of the aftermarket obd1 injector you use. I would personally swap out the lower runner or try and test an IS injector just to be on the safe side, but it seems lots try the obd1 injector on the obd2 runner with success for lower power builds.
Ali... Do you have a 96-97 lower runner laying around.. Since you are local to me I could buy one on eBay and we could meet up and test it of you are game.. Does it matter what year IS300 cause there are a couple for only $20 right now for an 01'-05'..

Worth it for the cause IMO
Aswilley is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Aftermarket Fuel Injectors? RamAirRckt GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) 0 12-31-15 09:24 AM
cali spec OBD1 injector ? ? joe diego Performance & Maintenance 0 10-14-15 06:52 PM
High Flow Fuel Injectors? LexBrett Maintenance 1 11-14-14 07:52 AM
High Flow Fuel Injectors LexBrett SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010) 0 11-13-14 08:38 AM
is250 injectors??? badx33 Performance 9 03-11-09 12:16 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:30 AM.


Copyright © 2000-2016 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved