Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > SC Models > SC 400/300 > Performance & Maintenance
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

flex fuel sensor and fuel cooler

Old 06-06-14, 11:36 AM   #1
AlaskaUSA
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)

Default flex fuel sensor and fuel cooler

hi if you plan on running a fuel cooler inline on your return line, is it better to put the flex fuel sensor before (on the way to back to the tank) or after the fuel cooler? i would think after??

thanks
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
AlaskaUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-14, 12:20 AM   #2
AlaskaUSA
Driver School Candidate

no one runs fuel coolers?
Old 06-09-14, 04:52 AM   #3
95SC3T
Driver
Trader Score: (3)

JAY_266

I have never heard of anyone using a fuel cooler. In most cases peoples cars are using all of the fuel that they are sending to the engine so its usually not sending enough back to the tank to need a cooler. If your fuel is heating up enough to affect the car you may need to look into one big pump or something else along those lines. as far as the flex fuel sensor goes, it goes on the return side after the regulator I believe. not 100% on that.
Old 06-09-14, 06:57 AM   #4
blk&blu*j
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (1)

OP, What fuel are you using E-85 ? how many pumps if multiples? and why do you think you need a cooler?
The flex fuel sensor is best if installed directly after the regulator,( more isolated from the elements) occasionally you may run into a problem with the sensor flow through being to small this will/may cause the regulator pressure to go up in the higher boost pressures if your 1:1 like most. what regulator are you using? Return line size?
Personally I run a -6 return from my Weldon regulator but the -6 is teflon so it has a larger interior volume then standard rubber-6 and as of yet I've had no issue with a fuel backup into the regulator(^pressure) at over 40 psi of boost and 1100+ hp.
GL.
95 RHD SUPRA fully built bottom end Ferrea head 1mm over fully ported 74mm Bullseye,Tilton Quad,TRD lsd,Getrag 1319 hp at 45 psi on E-85 Megasquirt MS3Pro BUILT at Big Daddy Performance Tuned by Jordan T Turbo Jew
blk&blu*j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-14, 10:25 AM   #5
AlaskaUSA
Driver School Candidate

I have a stock sized return line, which is maybe 5/16 a bit smaller than 3/8"? I think 6an is 3/8"...?

reason I say I may need a fuel cooler is Im in a very hot climate that has heat over 110 degrees sometime in summer. previous owner of the car had a fuel cooler.

I have a aeromotive regulator (black and red one) and I have twin bosch 044 pumps (in line- one in tank and one in line)

thx
Old 06-09-14, 10:25 AM