Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Tranny fluid and lucas tranny fix

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-14, 06:41 PM
Volume123
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tranny fluid and lucas tranny fix

--If you don't want to read all of this just go to the last two paragraphs where it says " LITTLE RECAP", thanks

Hey guys, I was wondering where I put the lucas transmission fluid "fix". For the mean time, I want to see if this stuff actually makes a difference in my manual tranny shifting as I am going to do a complete drain in a few days but like I said want to test this stuff out first to see for other cars and for future reference. But my main question would be where do I actually put this stuff? I just recently purchased the vehicle and the previous owner had no idea whether it was a r154 or a w58 but I assume w58 as I doubt he would have spent the pricier money on a r154 and not know the difference but maybe I'm wrong so my first step would be to figure out what tranny I actually have lol.

How can I tell what transmission I actually own ? As once again it is a 5 speed, and second question where would I put the lucas transmission fix or should I even use this stuff at all? It says"for any transmissions" but not sure if that means automatic and manual trannys, although it does say on the bottle "can be used for smaller manual transmissions as well" or something along those lines but should I even use this stuff? Thanks for advice as I've done about 2 hours of searching and all opinions are random but no information on where to actually add this "fixer" to my current fluid.

I also will be changing my engine oil with mobil 1 synthetic advanced 15,000 mi . but I also have read that the normal mobil 1 synthetic might be better as the new advanced mileage formula isn't actually fully synthetic anymore and luckily I have 6 qts of the old normal mobil 1 and the new "advanced mileage" gold cap one so I can chose, which should I use as I do not care about longer mileage when I am going to change the oil about every 4k anyway....

Thanks again

----LITTLE RECAP , where to actually fill this lucas tranny "fixxer" , what tranny I actually even have and how to tell (lol sounds dumb the owner and I don't even know, I realize), is this lucas tranny "fix" actually "ok" for my tranny, and lastly which is better the older brand mobil 1 full synthetic or the new "advanced gold cap" mobil 1 for a 1jz gte engine.

I will be using redline to flush and refill my tranny fluid within the week here but like I said in the meantime want to use this lucas fix to see if it works and to help shifting. ----
Old 03-10-14, 09:14 AM
bznhornets
Rookie

To add fluid to a manual transmission you have to go under the car. There's a plug on the side of the tranny. My car has a W58. The fill plug is on the passenger side.
Old 03-10-14, 01:36 PM
Volume123
Driver

ya i know that about changing the fluid all together but how do I just add this tranny fix stuff? I dont see how that being the only way would be at all practical as wouldnt you lose all your fluid before you could get the "fix" in.
Old 03-10-14, 02:19 PM
Volume123
Driver

really no one can help with these little things?