Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Fuel Injector wiring; Need immediate answer

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-13, 10:51 AM
6SOARER
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fuel Injector wiring; Need immediate answer

I am downsizing my Osidetigers Bosch fuel injectors from 660cc to 500cc's, 660s are too big for my setup and I will be posting them up for sale soon.

I'm a little confused on the wiring for the 500s and need an immediate answer because I would like to get these dropped in today, I have no time during the week to mess with it. The stock injectors and the 660's, power lead is on the right side on the fuel injector looking down, standing on the driver side. Now the 500s when I plug the pigtail in, the red wire sits on the left side. I was taught that RED was power, would this be the case? Can it be possible that Osidetiger made a mistake wiring these pigtails? Is the power lead always on the right side?

On the 660s there is a positive mark on the right side on the injector, that made it simply clear. These 500s do not have any marks or indication what is positive and what is negative. Being Sunday, osidetiger is closed and I can not get any technical support so I need some help from someone of you.

Old 11-17-13, 12:16 PM
soarer13oy
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would wire the red wire to power.
Old 11-17-13, 06:11 PM
6SOARER
Lexus Test Driver

I wired the black wire to power, right side on the injector clip like how the factory injector and 660s were wired up. Started the car and everything sounded good but the idle was a little high after a few minutes, it didn't drop. Then a loud high pitch noise just started to sound off, like it was electrical. I never heard a noise before so I am assuming its the fuel injector..

I immediately turned the car off, let it sit for a little then started it up again. The noise is still there. I started to tear everything apart again. I got it wired up, RED wire to power. Start the car up and the noise is still there, hmmm? I started to rev the engine a little to see if theres a misfire, if any injectors are bad. Car idles great, I drove the car around town for about 12 miles, got some gas and the high pitch noise starts to go away.

What is that high pitch noise? Is it going to do any damage to the fuel injectors? Am I ok to drive my car in the meantime. My understanding is that the fuel injector has power, the ECU supplies ground to complete the circuit.

I wired it either way and it works. I want to make sure I don't cause any damage in the long run if I have it wired wrong.
Old 11-18-13, 07:48 AM
stockhatch
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Afaik, injectors have no polarity so you can wire them either way.
Not sure on the noise thing, as noises are nearly impossible to diagnose by description alone.
Old 11-18-13, 08:27 AM
6SOARER
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by stockhatch
Afaik, injectors have no polarity so you can wire them either way.
Not sure on the noise thing, as noises are nearly impossible to diagnose by description alone.
This is good news but that high pitch noise is coming from my fuel injector .

I will be calling the retailer today for repairs or exchange.