Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Hb

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-13, 04:55 PM
Farbound
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hb

Recently my hb has gone bad on me. I've done research on them and i was thinking i might wanna go aftermarket. I heard obx's messes up the engines and i can't really find any on ati.
Just wanted to know whether it would be a good idea going aftermarket or not. And if so what brand would be most recommended.
Old 07-20-13, 05:08 PM
blk&blu*j
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Farbound
Recently my hb has gone bad on me. I've done research on them and i was thinking i might wanna go aftermarket. I heard obx's messes up the engines and i can't really find any on ati.
Just wanted to know whether it would be a good idea going aftermarket or not. And if so what brand would be most recommended.

What is an HB.
Old 07-21-13, 01:07 AM
INTIMAZY
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HB
None really fits...
Old 07-21-13, 02:20 AM
soarer13oy
Lexus Champion

ATI harmonic balancers will work but you need a different serpentine belt.
Old 07-21-13, 05:45 PM
blk&blu*j
Lexus Test Driver

Here is the last pulley you will ever need to buy.

Titan Motorsports Dampend Crank Pulley & Belt Toyota Supra 2JZ 2JZ-GTE 918562

TMS SUP-ENG-PUL & BELT

Combo Package: TMS Dampend Crank Pulley & Gates Belt

The Gates belt is required in order to upgrade to the dampened crank pulley. Belt will also work with ATi crank pulley.

This Dampened Crank Pulley is a great option for those looking to replace the stock piece. The stock pulley can’t handle high horsepower and tends to separate at the rubber which can lead to great damage to surrounding accessories and to the body of the vehicle when it fails. This failure is common with high horsepower and high mileage Supra's or vehicles equipped with the 2JZ engine. The Titan pulley is SFI APPROVED and legal to go 10.99 and quicker. The pulley is great for street and racing use.

We use these on all the street and race Supra's that we build and is the choice of many champions using the 2JZ motor in the last 6 years. A must have for anybody who wants to avoid a costly separation of the stock pulley.

You can find it on E-gay for like $382 including the belt needed.

Make sure if you buy 1 of these you take a veneer (a micrometer) to your crank journal and then go to a machinist and have him sand roll the surface that mounts on the crank for proper assembly!!!!!

PS I'M NOT PUSHING TITAN MS. BUT IT WAS THE EASIEST ON TO COPY AND POST WITH THE BELT INCLUDED.