Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

1jz-gte into my sc300 fuse box?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-13, 10:53 AM
sc300Gil
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 1jz-gte into my sc300 fuse box?

hey guys im new here and i just picked up a 1jz yesterday for $1350 from JDM Engine Depot in Kearny NJ. i am planning on running the w58 transmission and doing the swap pretty soon it is pretty straight forward on the writeups ive seen and the motor i purchased is from an automatic with harness and ecu. so i know i have to do some modifications to get the starter to work.

What i dont know is how i am supposed to go about a fuse box under the hood my wiring harness is cut where it runs to the oem 1jz box but i have the igniter box cruise control and everything else intact.. can i keep my stock sc300 fuse box and link the two harnesses together? do i have to purchase a 1jz fusebox?

this and a intercooler setup are the only things holding me back from diving in to the swap at my buddys garage i would appreciate the help since my 2jzge has a warped head
Old 04-06-13, 11:31 AM
Toyboxx
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I cut the old female plug off the engine harness of my 2J, and solder that onto the harness for the 1J, and everything is working for me.
Old 04-06-13, 12:36 PM
sc300Gil
Driver School Candidate

ok, are the wiring colors going to match or will i need to use both diagrams and compare and connect the correct wires to their corresponding purposes? are the fuses and relays i need for the 1JZ all in my 2jzge under hood fuse box? im confused as to how my N/A motor could have everything i need for the new 1JZ which is turbo. sorry i havent gotten to look at both yet and am stuck at work!
Old 04-06-13, 03:06 PM
Vrank
Lexus Test Driver

tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato. I think you've bit off way more than you can chew. Looks like you need to buy a presorted harness from someone.
Old 04-07-13, 05:22 AM
sc300Gil
Driver School Candidate

rotten tomatoes i can already see. So DR Tweak would be my best bet? i see chase bays runs $799.99 and they include the chassis sub harness connection near the ecu (which is cut on mine) i have a friend who is good with electrical and i have nothing but time. what do you think? BTW anyone have a link to 1jzgte wiring diagrams? the link that is stickied will not work for me.
Old 04-07-13, 06:14 AM
sc300Gil
Driver School Candidate

http://www.chasebays.com/product/nis...te-for-oem-ecu

they only list for 93-98 Supra N/A chassis connetion harness , not an sc300. are they different? or could i get away with using it
Old 04-07-13, 06:54 AM
Vrank
Lexus Test Driver

Mk4 supra diagrams are readily available and xJZGTE circuitry is pretty much the same for the most part. 1jz injection will be different and there's no maf, but that's about it The wiring diagrams for your car, the mk4 diagrams, and both the harness from your car and the swap engine and your friend should be able to figure it out if he's good.
Old 04-07-13, 10:21 AM
sc300Gil
Driver School Candidate

Guess it would have been smart to see exactly which rear sump I have. This is a picture of the ecu. Soarer or supra?
Attached Thumbnails 1jz-gte into my sc300 fuse box?-image.jpg  
Old 04-07-13, 10:24 AM
sc300Gil
Driver School Candidate

Another shot of ecu badge
Old 04-07-13, 10:47 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I would send it off to Tweak or have Chasebays do it in Trussville, AL. I hate wiring for the most part.
Old 04-07-13, 04:30 PM
sc300Gil
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for hangin with me guys. I'm new here yes so I've been reading all day and every single link that had good resources seems to be dead or sends me to a bull**** search engine. I did figure out my motor is out of a soarer!! I have a clutch fan without a hydro water pump and I have 4 row ecu connections. So that's a relief. I also found out that the two connectors that plug into the underhood fuse box are intact and look identical to my stock 2jzge connectors that are still connected. There are several cut areas on this harness that I would like to modify to work but I can not find a solid resource page. I don't know why
Old 04-07-13, 04:37 PM
sc300Gil
Driver School Candidate

This picture is the cut area right after the firewall seal on the inside. This is in close vicinity to the 4 ecu plugs so I assume these are the soarer dash connection wires that ran to the dash/ body harness connector. I can not find a diagram to help me identify these and don't know if they are the same color identically
Old 04-07-13, 04:45 PM
sc300Gil
Driver School Candidate

Here are 5 wires that split after the firewall into the cabin also. I'm hoping to use my stock harness connectors to make this harness useable. Any info to save $800 is greatly appreciated. There is no reason to I think. Either way I woul ld be cutting and extending this harness the first part is done.
Old 04-07-13, 04:55 PM
sc300Gil
Driver School Candidate

And the last cut that I can not identify runs underneath the intake manifold to a cut by the #6 runner. Where and what would this run to?
Old 04-07-13, 06:56 PM
Vrank
Lexus Test Driver

so the body harness and the trans harness are cut. Hopefully you're going 5 speed as you'll only need to run 5 wires for speedo and reverse lights. the body harness part isn't a huge deal if you can work with a multimeter and your stock harness. You have an oil level and pressure sensor, water temp, check engine light and tach signal. find those, find the wire that has continuity to them in your cut portion by the ecu, match em to the place your stock engine put them in the body plug. voila. any missing plugs can be found in a junkyard off all toyotas and lexus of similar years if you look hard enough. use your stock harness as a guide for length/fitment. good luck.

Quick Reply: 1jz-gte into my sc300 fuse box?