Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

PLEASE help! gotta get my sc running ASAP!

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-13, 03:19 PM
shimshady
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PLEASE help! gotta get my sc running ASAP!

Hello CLexus,

I have a couple quick questions regarding my 300.

Context: I traded my FC shell for an SC300 shell and recently dropped a stock 2j in it. While dropping in the motor, I am currently doing the 5spd w58 conversion.

So far, the motor is dropped in as well as the transmission.

Yesterday, I intalled the clutch pedal and master cylinder and basically every obvious component is now in.

I now have to worry about the little things. Which is where my questions come in as follows:

1. I took a look at the front-half driveshaft that I got for my W58 and it doesn't seem to match up with the rear half driveshaft that i recently pulled from an sc400 at a "You-pull" yard. I was told that the rear half of driveshaft is the same for all sc300's and sc400's. My question is: why is it that my w58 front driveshaft doesnt mate with the rear driveshaft that i pulled? I need the carrier bearing to match up, but it seems like i cant mate the w58 driveshaft i have with the driveshaft i pulled. pictures would be greatly appreciated.

2. does anybody have pictures of what the harness looks like going to the alternator? it looks like im completely missing the plug for the alternator, but it doesn't look like anything has been cut/tapped/rewired/etc. its just simply not there. i apologize if this is something really dumb and im just a noob.

3. How do i deal with the neutral safety switch? The motor that I got has a manual ecu and harness, but my shell has an automatic body harness.

any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks club lexus!

Again, I apologize if these are all noob questions. I've NEVER worked on an sc300 before...
Old 03-05-13, 06:31 PM
jwin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think the sc300 rear shaft is the same as a sc400. The sc400 half shaft is the same as a Tt supra I think. If you have a sc300 rear end you will need a sc300 rear shaft to mate up to a the rear diff of a sc300.
Old 03-05-13, 06:33 PM
jwin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The alternator plug is a separate harness that goes to the battery terminal. The auto harness you need to jump two pins to get it to start. I believe it's in the DIY on the sc300 sticky page. I don't know off the top of my head. I just know its the big gray plug for the auto tranny and its the two big wires on that plug.
Old 03-06-13, 01:49 AM
shimshady
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jwin
I don't think the sc300 rear shaft is the same as a sc400. The sc400 half shaft is the same as a Tt supra I think. If you have a sc300 rear end you will need a sc300 rear shaft to mate up to a the rear diff of a sc300.
was i misinformed, then? cuz a clublexus member told me this.

sc400 rear shaft is NOT the same as sc300 rear shaft?
Old 03-07-13, 10:49 AM
shimshady
Driver School Candidate

anybody else have any input? pics would also be nice as well!!!!! THANK YOU!