Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

A/C Light blinking

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-13, 10:19 PM
Supruxes
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A/C Light blinking

Been having a few issues with the car and i tried searching for a similar issue, found a thread that was 5 years old, and decided to make a new one about this random strange issue.

Anyways, i was leaving my work to go on lunch break, went to turn on the a/c and immediately after pressing the **** for auto, the battery light popped on along with the led blinking above the a/c button. I was like wtf? so i turned off the a/c and the battery light turned off, i also lost powersteering as well and the battery light was popping on when i took left or right turns, but would turn off when going straight.

So i got home, let the car sit for a few to cool off, popped the hood and checked the belt which is a month old, looked good, the belt tensioner is a few weeks old, still was solid. I was scratching my head since everything looked normal.

So i started the car after letting it sit for 20 minutes, and i had powersteering back, but the a/c still wasn't working and was accompanied by the battery light on till i turn the a/c off. i am lowered on coilovers so i felt under the fender for any wear holes, thinking the wheel might have possibly rubbed the harness and felt nothing out of ordinary. The powersteering pump wasn't making any unusual noises, however the pulley had a slight wobble that i knew wasn't there when i bought the car 2 months ago, and the pulley was tight with no play.

So i parked it for now till i get some input, the radiator was pissing coolant on the ground right under the radiator when it was hot and running, yet the car has been sitting for 2 days since then, and only a few drops on the ground and the coolant is still half full in the reservoir. WTF!

Last edited by Supruxes; 03-04-13 at 10:24 PM.
Old 03-05-13, 11:34 AM
Supruxes
Driver

Guess i'll pull the alternator off and have it tested...
Old 03-05-13, 02:32 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Got your text, but phone died. Looking for another possible solution/answer right now.
Old 03-05-13, 06:34 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Bumping this up..I have been searching and reading for hours and cant find anything. Need an OG SC owner to chime in here.

I have spoken with the OP, and after thinking the crank pulley being the culprit, he has confirmed that it is not the issue. So what would cause a/c flashing (aside from a bad sensor), power steering loss, AND his battery light to all come on at the same time?
Old 03-05-13, 07:17 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

I think he has 3 different problems. Whenever you "loose" power steering feel and battery light turns on, I think that's an alternator issue. It might be on the way out, might as well check it. When the A/C light blinks it needs a recharge, and worst case scenario is the compressor is also about to go out. And obviously the coolant leak, you gotta find out where it is leaking from.
Old 03-06-13, 06:50 PM
Supruxes
Driver

Originally Posted by KingPhilip
I think he has 3 different problems. Whenever you "loose" power steering feel and battery light turns on, I think that's an alternator issue. It might be on the way out, might as well check it. When the A/C light blinks it needs a recharge, and worst case scenario is the compressor is also about to go out. And obviously the coolant leak, you gotta find out where it is leaking from.
I already solved the coolant leak issue, the bottom crimps were leaking bad.

I will have time to tear into it more tomorrow. i will keep you guys updated.

Last edited by Supruxes; 03-06-13 at 07:25 PM.
Old 03-07-13, 11:34 AM
Supruxes
Driver

Update:

The crank pulley did separate after i investigated it more today, well now i might as well replace the timing belt and water pump since the crank pulley has to be replaced.