Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

AEM on sc300...

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-02, 06:52 PM
racing fan
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AEM on sc300...

Hey
I've got a few things I was hoping you guys could help me with...

1) I'm looking for a wiring diagram for the sc300s 2jzge. I posted about it another thread but I just thought I'd mention it here too

2) I've been told there are a couple people running the AEM on sc300s.. Anyone know of these people or could put me in contact with them?

Thanks alot!!!!
Old 12-14-02, 07:14 AM
Angel
Lead Lap

I don't have a diagram to give you, but I can tell you that I am pretty sure that the ONLY people that would be running an AEM on an SC300 are people that have done a 2JZ-GTE (TT) swap.

I am currently (for the past couple months now) working on turbo-ing my car and it is nearing completion. The only thing that is going to stop my car from running is the AEM wiring mess. As far as I have heard from other posts and other people, no one currently has a running 2JZ-GE with the AEM unit, whether they turbo-ed it or not.

Good luck either way, if you find someone who has done it, please have them come here, I have lots of questions myself.

If you know anyone who wants an AEM unit, I would sell mine brand new in a heartbeat.
Old 12-14-02, 03:30 PM
Shellhouse
Pole Position

Actually, I know at least 1 other person besides myself that has an AEM ECU on his NA-T 2JZ-GE.. My car has run w/ the ECU, but I've had no time to tune it (daily driver). The wiring isn't THAT hard.
Old 12-14-02, 08:34 PM
racing fan
Driver

Originally posted by Slasher48
Actually, I know at least 1 other person besides myself that has an AEM ECU on his NA-T 2JZ-GE.. My car has run w/ the ECU, but I've had no time to tune it (daily driver). The wiring isn't THAT hard.
Hey buddy

Are you just running the motor off of it? Did you just hardwire it with the wiring diagram?

Any problems/barriers that you encountered?

Thanks alot!!!!!!!!
Old 12-15-02, 12:27 AM
Angel
Lead Lap

Originally posted by Slasher48
Talk to me bro!

Did you keep the distributor ?

What turbo setup are you running ?

What fuel system are you running ?

Can I PLEASE have your base maps ???
Old 12-18-02, 12:19 AM
Shellhouse
Pole Position

Please e-mail or ask AEM for more info.. The only difference between NA and TT cals is the setting for the distributor. Also, you'll have to wire for the MAP, IAT, and WB O2 sensors beforehand. Didn't run into any problems hooking up the ECU. Have yet to begin tuning, however.

Angel, just curious why you are considering the TEC2. There was 1 for sale in the SF classifieds.. AFAIK, it would be harder to wire and program than the AEM ECU.

Mike
slasher48@juno.com