Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

e85 injector size NA-T

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-13, 02:41 AM
slow92sc3
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok guys after going installing my turbo setup (t72) i blew my engine getting boost happy with what i thought was a 3 psi spring on stock fueling.

Now i have a new long block in and my setup is as follows

GTE head gasket
egr delete
t72 turbo
open downpipe
600cc injectors
ls400 maf
safc
E85

now ive gotten my low throttle settings damn near perfect, idle is a bit choppy, im thinking the stock ecu at idle has its own map... anyways i have the high throttle very rich right now till i have time to rent a dyno but at 12psi on e85 and 10.0 afr she def feels good
Old 04-15-13, 06:30 PM
Vrank
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

my car runs like dog crap at 10.0 afr on e85. I don't believe you. bring it up to 11.5. that'll be nice.
Old 04-16-13, 05:57 AM
slow92sc3
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Vrank
my car runs like dog crap at 10.0 afr on e85. I don't believe you. bring it up to 11.5. that'll be nice.
It wasn't perfect at 10 def not fast but felt good, and I wasn't at 10 flat it was mid 10s, aem wideband only read 10 as thelowest value that could really be anywhere from 0-10 in values, but anyway after a pull or two I put the afr's in the upper 11s lower twelves feels great! Now to put some new plugs and fine tune
Old 04-16-13, 11:01 PM
lookEVO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Id **** my pants if I saw 12's in boost.

Youre brave. E85 is overkill for what youre running, I made the hp in my sig on pump, with an safc, and ZERO issuse. Im on aem now. (OR will be once I finish it)

Running that rich on e85, you WILL blow your engine (again)
Old 04-17-13, 03:48 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

^^^^^^ this ... you will be washing down cyl walls running that rich and e85 will dilute the oil to nothing and wipe your bearings clean of any oil film and then its rod knock city . gl with the project ,but stop boosting until its tuned correctly
Old 04-17-13, 04:41 AM
slow92sc3
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by lookEVO
Id **** my pants if I saw 12's in boost.

Youre brave. E85 is overkill for what youre running, I made the hp in my sig on pump, with an safc, and ZERO issuse. Im on aem now. (OR will be once I finish it)

Running that rich on e85, you WILL blow your engine (again)
I know that running that rich is bad... Hence why I leaned it out, and having air fuel ratios in low twelves is normal for e85, hell I had my turbo scion at 12.3 at 12lbs of boost.

Anyways the reason for the corn juice is I'm running no ic
Old 04-17-13, 05:05 AM
99SC42
gte & na-t

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

GL with the new engine!
Old 04-18-13, 09:40 AM
lookEVO
Lexus Test Driver

No intercooler is a bad idea as well.
Old 04-18-13, 11:44 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

your calculations are based off of 440cc, but if you are using the stock ecu you should be basing them off of 330cc. I understand you have the larger maf, but even that does not make the base inejctor size perfectly 440cc to once again scale up. It would work better if you had a gte ecu and then scaled, but even that is just theoretical it probably doesn't work that well. I don't see how all of this is easier than running an inter cooler, especially since you are not benefitting from added timing of e-85, so in other words you are probably making less power than you would on pump gas at 12 psi.
Old 04-18-13, 03:13 PM
slow92sc3
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Ali SC3
your calculations are based off of 440cc, but if you are using the stock ecu you should be basing them off of 330cc. I understand you have the larger maf, but even that does not make the base inejctor size perfectly 440cc to once again scale up. It would work better if you had a gte ecu and then scaled, but even that is just theoretical it probably doesn't work that well. I don't see how all of this is easier than running an inter cooler, especially since you are not benefitting from added timing of e-85, so in other words you are probably making less power than you would on pump gas at 12 psi.
Yea I noticed that the injectors still flow more than what I had calculated but I only am subtracting 15 across the board for low throttle so that's not too much, I will be adding an intercooler withing the next month it'll just be a tad difficult because my compressor hits the manifold I need to also shim the manifold flange its all gonna be a process, for now I'm running 17degress btdc on the dizzy no signs of knock on the sensor, audile or on a plug check car I'd estimate is in the 350 range ill strap to a dyno in 2 weeks
Old 04-18-13, 11:24 PM
lookEVO
Lexus Test Driver

You arent supposed to change your low throttle settings at all... mostly because it doesnt do anything and the ecu fights it repeatedly. The high throttle is all that really works.
Old 04-19-13, 03:51 AM
slow92sc3
Driver School Candidate

You arent supposed to change your low throttle settings at all... mostly because it doesnt do anything and the ecu fights it repeatedly. The high throttle is all that really works.
unplugging the o2 sensors is a simple fix to that which is what i did, and another reason as to why my car runs fine on safc
Old 04-19-13, 02:44 PM
lookEVO
Lexus Test Driver

Mine ran fine on safc too, so you arent convincing me of anything major. Just saying. And that was without changing a single low throttle setting, and I was pulling fuel under boost to get decent afrs. Running on factory ecu, with e85 and an safc isnt the safest way to go. its cheaper to just run pumpgas, especially with the extra fuel you have to run.

You obviously are gonna do whatever you want, but Im still driving around with my original engine, and i drove boosted for 2 years on safc. Take that for what its worth, but my teardown over the past few weeks showed me my engine was still mint.
Old 04-19-13, 03:55 PM
Kris9884
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

Mine ran fine on safc too, so you arent convincing me of anything major. Just saying. And that was without changing a single low throttle setting, and I was pulling fuel under boost to get decent afrs. Running on factory ecu, with e85 and an safc isnt the safest way to go. its cheaper to just run pumpgas, especially with the extra fuel you have to run.

You obviously are gonna do whatever you want, but Im still driving around with my original engine, and i drove boosted for 2 years on safc. Take that for what its worth, but my teardown over the past few weeks showed me my engine was still mint.
So you were running 93+ octane on just a safc and stock ecu? Hell yea. What was your AFR at full boost? What PSI were you running? Which injectors and pump were you running? Sorry for all the questions, if you have a thread, please link it instead.
Old 04-20-13, 12:21 AM
lookEVO
Lexus Test Driver

nah, 91 octane. lol.

I usually had low 11's, high 10's give or take. I like to run on the safe side. 12 psi. Stock fuel system, stock compression... just put a turbo on it and went to town.

look in the build thread section, its there.

Quick Reply: e85 injector size NA-T