Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Auto transmission problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-12, 08:14 AM
troner
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Auto transmission problem

Hi everybody, I have an SC300 with the XS-power turbo kit. The automatic transmission stopped working, the problem began a few weeks ago, while the car engine was cold was very difficult for the trasmission to pass to second gear until the engine temperature increased. One day I stopped at a traffic light and the first gear couldn´t be engage , it was like being in neutral. I stoped the car and wait for 30 minutes and the trasmission worked normal again during a few blocks until the problem came again. Anyone have any idea what might be happening?.
Old 05-04-12, 09:48 AM
ajmccarrel
Driver

Originally Posted by troner
Hi everybody, I have an SC300 with the XS-power turbo kit. The automatic transmission stopped working, the problem began a few weeks ago, while the car engine was cold was very difficult for the trasmission to pass to second gear until the engine temperature increased. One day I stopped at a traffic light and the first gear couldn´t be engage , it was like being in neutral. I stoped the car and wait for 30 minutes and the trasmission worked normal again during a few blocks until the problem came again. Anyone have any idea what might be happening?.
Is the XSturbo kit the electric one, or a different turbo kit? A company called XSturbos.com makes an electric superhcarger out of a starter motor and a Garrett turbo.

Anyway, try a fluid and filter change. Do you also have the right fluid? I believe the SC300s can take Dexrom 4, but Toyota Type IV is always better. I had a similar problem and it was because my forward clutch was totally smoked and I needed a rebuild. Just got the car back two days ago.
Old 05-04-12, 11:51 AM
troner
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ajmccarrel
Is the XSturbo kit the electric one, or a different turbo kit? A company called XSturbos.com makes an electric superhcarger out of a starter motor and a Garrett turbo.

Anyway, try a fluid and filter change. Do you also have the right fluid? I believe the SC300s can take Dexrom 4, but Toyota Type IV is always better. I had a similar problem and it was because my forward clutch was totally smoked and I needed a rebuild. Just got the car back two days ago.
Thanks, I'm going to try, the XSpower that I have is this http://forum.clubna-t.com/showthread.php?t=2037.