Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

92 sc300 1jzgte Swap Is Not Accelerating As Fast As it Should

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-14, 12:28 AM
flubyux2
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TweakTech
For those of you wondering about the sub TPS elimination, you want to tee VTA2 from the sub TPS into VC, and IDL2 from the sub TPS into the E2 ground at the ECU. I typically do all of this right near the ECU since VTA2 and VC are like 2 pins apart.

-Cam, Tweak'd Performance
My 1jz swap is running on an aristo ecu and Harness. I've been living with weird driving characteristics. It's a dog under 3800-4000rpm. Once the tach swings by 4000, the car squats and takes off/spins the r888's. do you think the sub-tps you mentioned is my issue? I removed the wiring already... Should I spoof the inputs into the sub tps from the main tps?
Old 02-18-14, 06:44 AM
Vrank
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do not do what tweak tech says for the sub tps wiring. It is improper horrible advice, total waste of time. Sub tps unplugged will cause zero performance issues and early ecus won't even trigger a cel for it. If it does trigger a cel, a resistor wired in is the way to go. Another reason you're throwing away money buying a harness from him
Old 02-24-14, 07:07 AM
TweakTech
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Vrank
Do not do what tweak tech says for the sub tps wiring. It is improper horrible advice, total waste of time. Sub tps unplugged will cause zero performance issues and early ecus won't even trigger a cel for it. If it does trigger a cel, a resistor wired in is the way to go. Another reason you're throwing away money buying a harness from him
As always, I appreciate your opinion. The OP is free to trick his ECU any way he likes. This is the way we do it with a 100% problem free results.
Old 02-26-14, 12:01 PM
Vrank
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Its not an opinion, its a fact. You're doing it improperly. Just like you did my friend Ryan's harness, and lots of other people's harness, including this guy. Sorry cam, if you don't like it then learn how to do things properly. Feeding 5v sensors that probably never see the full 5v under working conditions the full 5v is not the right way to do things.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...m-still-7.html