Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

92 sc300 1jzgte Swap Is Not Accelerating As Fast As it Should

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-12, 02:29 PM
BlakOnBlak
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 92 sc300 1jzgte Swap Is Not Accelerating As Fast As it Should

Need a little help with this one. I purchase a 92 Sc300 (automatic) with a 1jzgte swap. For the most part, the car runs good. I've been babying her since I got it. I notice that when Im already driving, lets say at about 50 mph, I punch the gas and she slowly accelerates. BUT, when I slowly press the gas, she takes off a lot quicker Feels like there is a loss of power when I press all the way down on the gas pedal. I removed the coil packs and checkd for cracks. They all look good except one. Cleaned them out, and taped up the one with cracks, re installed the coil packs, but no difference in power. Any suggestions?
Old 04-10-12, 02:33 PM
xxtoobsxx
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

boost leak maybe?? oh and why would you tape a coil pack thats cracked...go get a new one! Check plugs too, make sure gap is correct and right temp range.
Old 04-10-12, 07:09 PM
BlakOnBlak
Driver

ok.. I will check all of that, and get new coil packs; will get them a.s.a.p. ; if it's not the coil packs I guess it wont hurt having a new set anyways. This car deserves it. Thanks for the Tip
Old 04-10-12, 07:14 PM
kevint2
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like the coilpack but if you change it and it dont help,check that the TPS is set right.
Old 04-11-12, 05:23 AM
BlakOnBlak
Driver

Yeah I hope it is the coil pack. Im searching online now to see who has the best price on those
Old 04-11-12, 08:23 AM
TweakTech
Lead Lap

Do you have a CEL? I don't know who did the wiring for your car, but one thing would be to make sure that the pin outs for the TPS and sub TPS are correct. If the sub TPS was eliminated you will need to splice in 2 extra wires at the ECU so the ECU will think that it's still there and not bother you with problems.

-Cam, Tweak'd Performance
Old 04-11-12, 08:38 AM
93MSB
Instructor

Received 151 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by TweakTech
Do you have a CEL? I don't know who did the wiring for your car, but one thing would be to make sure that the pin outs for the TPS and sub TPS are correct. If the sub TPS was eliminated you will need to splice in 2 extra wires at the ECU so the ECU will think that it's still there and not bother you with problems.

Cam,

Im in the process of doing an aristo wiring harness for my 1jz and i eliminated the sub TPS because my 1j didnt ever have the sub TPS, which two wires need to be spliced exactly? and i assume you spice them into the main TPS

thanks!

glad i came in this thread lol
Old 04-11-12, 08:42 AM
94sctt
Driver School Candidate

Im having the same problem. I know that i have a bad coil pack because i had just replaces the plugs and coil pack clips and now it has recently started to miss around 4000 rpm. The first week that i had the car after i had the swap done it had great acceleration, after that it started to fall on its face around 80 mph, and i get the same feeling that when i only give it a little gas on the highway it accelerates just as fast if not faster than when i have it full throttle.
Old 04-11-12, 07:03 PM
d1trainee
Pole Position

Is it missing? prolly the tpms or a bad maf
Old 04-12-12, 11:52 AM
kez
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Rockauto.com has me cheap
Old 04-12-12, 11:55 AM
BlakOnBlak
Driver

Not sure if I have a CEL but I am forwarding this message to the guy that did the wiring THANK YOU for the input!
I love this club
Old 04-12-12, 12:03 PM
BlakOnBlak
Driver

Originally Posted by 94sctt
Im having the same problem. I know that i have a bad coil pack because i had just replaces the plugs and coil pack clips and now it has recently started to miss around 4000 rpm. The first week that i had the car after i had the swap done it had great acceleration, after that it started to fall on its face around 80 mph, and i get the same feeling that when i only give it a little gas on the highway it accelerates just as fast if not faster than when i have it full throttle.
Keep us posted if you change that coil pack, or if you figure something else out on whats causing it to drive like that. Thanks for sharing As soon as I figure out whats wrong with mines I will let everyone know.
Old 04-16-12, 07:21 AM
TweakTech
Lead Lap

For those of you wondering about the sub TPS elimination, you want to tee VTA2 from the sub TPS into VC, and IDL2 from the sub TPS into the E2 ground at the ECU. I typically do all of this right near the ECU since VTA2 and VC are like 2 pins apart.

Old 04-16-12, 09:58 AM
BlakOnBlak
Driver

For those of you wondering about the sub TPS elimination, you want to tee VTA2 from the sub TPS into VC, and IDL2 from the sub TPS into the E2 ground at the ECU. I typically do all of this right near the ECU since VTA2 and VC are like 2 pins apart.

THANKS!
Old 05-02-12, 06:43 PM
BlakOnBlak
Driver

My knock sensor wasn't plugged in The clip was broken; it fell off after the swap. I pushed it back in for now, reset the CEL, and now the car is running like a beast. Problem solved

Quick Reply: 92 sc300 1jzgte Swap Is Not Accelerating As Fast As it Should