Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

700hp 97 SC300 build.

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-12, 03:42 PM
Suplex432
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 700hp 97 SC300 build.

What's up guys..! Need some wise advice and suggestions! I'm new to the forum and new to Lexus/ Toyota world on parts and fitments so I'm not sure if all parts made for the MKIV 93-02 supra will fit my 97' SC300. I Have a some questions I'd like to ask regarding different performance parts like turbo kits and which companies to choose from ive done my research on the suprastore and thts a big *** no no! So any other descent budget kits that's compatible with a Quick Spool Valve, also what size down pipe 3" or 4" ?and what size exhaust to choose. Bear with me I knw this might be a lot of info for 1 thread. Also I've done my research on all of what I've listed bt haven't really found what questions I needed answered.*

The platform -97' Lexus SC300 *Dynosaur Performance will complete my auto 2jzGTE swap after the TX2k12 is over with.*
Future HP goals 750Whp*
Reliable HP goals with pump gas 91-92 octane 500+
*Here's what I've found so far.*
3"downpipe & midpipe*
http://www.boostlogic.com/catalog/p140808/Boost-Logic-Stage-1-Turbo-Kit-w/T67-Toyota-Supra-93-02-/product_info.html

Same kit 4"Downpipe & midpipe
http://www.boostlogic.com/catalog/p143858/Boost-Logic-Stage-2-Turbo-Kit-w/T67-Toyota-Supra-93-02-/product_info.html

With 4" does this mean better flow? Louder exhaust? More responsive?*
Also want to keep dual exhaust.
Stage 2 AutoTrans
http://www.titanmotorsports.com/tmsst2suautr.html.
Old 03-04-12, 03:59 PM
SChema
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You should contact Dynosaur to discuss your build since they will be doing most of it after Houston. If they are going to do the complete job, they may offer offer options of doing thing once and not worry about it later. Many don't realize that most of the money spent on a car is doing the same thing two, three or more times, rather than spending up front for quality parts and labor.

A major element in your build will be the way "things" are done; some people do things a certain way and others another way. So any advise you get here on the forum may not be the way Dynosaur does it. So, you're better off planning your build directly with Dynosaur from the get go.
Old 03-05-12, 07:25 AM
rcchris7
Lead Lap

If you are really shooting for 700hp you might want to go was a r154 or v160 tranny. Not sure how much this Stage 2 kit adds to your auto tranny but guys are destroying them frequently at 300-350 hp
Old 03-05-12, 09:26 AM
lookEVO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rcchris7
If you are really shooting for 700hp you might want to go was a r154 or v160 tranny. Not sure how much this Stage 2 kit adds to your auto tranny but guys are destroying them frequently at 300-350 hp
Thats a bit of an over reach. I havent destroyed mine and ive got 20k miles on my setup.
Old 03-05-12, 01:59 PM
Suplex432
Driver School Candidate

From what I've researched these upgraded autos can hold over 750who it's the aristo tranny nt the american auto
Old 03-05-12, 02:41 PM
ScBouncE
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

If im not mistaken, the titan auto transmission kit is rated up to 800hp. Someone correct me if im wrong
Old 03-05-12, 03:09 PM
Suplex432
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ScBouncE
If im not mistaken, the titan auto transmission kit is rated up to 800hp. Someone correct me if im wrong
The TMS Stage 2 Transmission is a great performance upgrade for any street/strip Supra. Rated at 750-800 rear wheel horsepower, this transmission has been thoroughly tested both on and off the track on a daily driven street car. Proven to 9.44 @ 151.50 and tested beyond its rated 800rwhp capability, you can be assured of reliability with this transmission.

Included in the build is a full upgrade of your transmission, including a Billet Aluminum Forward Piston made out of 6061 Aluminum. In the upgrade Titan will go through the complete transmission and do an extensive upgrade including a modification of the valve body, all yielding a more reliable transmission that can handle a substantial amount of power. All major o-rings, gaskets, and seals are changed. In addition, Titan has taken it one step further then other transmissions on the market. We have built in a smooth yet firm shift into our transmissions. That “thump” you get with other autos is not a sign of power or a race transmission. With the TMS Trans, that “thump” is a thing of the past. Faster shifting is the goal, and the TMS Stage 2 Transmission provides just that, with the reliability you’ve come to expect from all TMS products.
Old 03-05-12, 03:10 PM
Suplex432
Driver School Candidate

The TMS Stage 2 Transmission is a great performance upgrade for any street/strip Supra. Rated at 750-800 rear wheel horsepower, this transmission has been thoroughly tested both on and off the track on a daily driven street car. Proven to 9.44 @ 151.50 and tested beyond its rated 800rwhp capability, you can be assured of reliability with this transmission.

Included in the build is a full upgrade of your transmission, including a Billet Aluminum Forward Piston made out of 6061 Aluminum. In the upgrade Titan will go through the complete transmission and do an extensive upgrade including a modification of the valve body, all yielding a more reliable transmission that can handle a substantial amount of power. All major o-rings, gaskets, and seals are changed. In addition, Titan has taken it one step further then other transmissions on the market. We have built in a smooth yet firm shift into our transmissions. That “thump” you get with other autos is not a sign of power or a race transmission. With the TMS Trans, that “thump” is a thing of the past. Faster shifting is the goal, and the TMS Stage 2 Transmission provides just that, with the reliability you’ve come to expect from all TMS products.
Old 03-06-12, 09:07 AM
WadeLovell
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default What he said!

Originally Posted by SChema
You should contact Dynosaur to discuss your build since they will be doing most of it after Houston. If they are going to do the complete job, they may offer offer options of doing thing once and not worry about it later. Many don't realize that most of the money spent on a car is doing the same thing two, three or more times, rather than spending up front for quality parts and labor.

A major element in your build will be the way "things" are done; some people do things a certain way and others another way. So any advise you get here on the forum may not be the way Dynosaur does it. So, you're better off planning your build directly with Dynosaur from the get go.
You really do want one stop shopping. If you were doing it yourself it would make sense to put the kit together after researching the Forum and elsewhere. However, if you are spending the $$$$ to have it done, have it done right once. As my brother is found of saying, "If you don't have the time (or in your case money) to do it right the first time, how the @#$% are you going to find it to do it right the second time?" Good luck.