Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Where To Buy SC Performance Parts?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-12, 12:24 PM
MattStarr
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Where To Buy SC Performance Parts?

I'm looking for some good recommendations for sites and companies that have a good reputation and good customer service. I was recommended by a CL member to Sewell and RockAuto for replacement and OEM parts but now its time to start adding some performance to my SC. Things like coilovers, racing seats, exhaust systems, ect.

I'm aware that there are thousands of copmanies out there that sell performance parts for our cars but I have trust issues when ordering online. And it seems like all the best sites are ones that are more private and don't come up when you search on Google. Sites like Quantum Auto and Drift Motion.
Old 01-21-12, 01:34 PM
abounly
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

forum vendors, just do background research on each website before you buy.
Old 01-21-12, 02:24 PM
spoolxexo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Plus, Drift Motion, despite their crazy fan base, sells the same exact stuff as you can get on Ebay.

If I am getting what you are asking..

Everything Japanese is quality, and everything else is made in China, get it?

Edit: You have 420 posts and you live in CO, do the math!
Old 01-21-12, 02:46 PM
megamax
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

some stuff d.m. you cannot get on the bay. if you have proof otherwise please show?? i ***** ebay for sc stuff regularly
Old 01-21-12, 02:58 PM
spoolxexo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Like what OEM stuff? Of course.

I got my 1jz Bellhousing from cruiserparts.net for $320 Shipped. One state away. Find that on DM. Not gunna happen.

If DM was a Honda store selling Ebay turbo manifolds, no one would buy from them because of the reputation of breaking.

But the fact that inline 6 manifolds are more rugged from more welding support, and that by whatever reason they actually work, tons of people reccommend DM. Why?

Most stuff is made in China these days. I'll Search Google, get a better deal, with quicker shipping anyday.

I ordered a oil fitting for my Holset. 6 bucks and 5 days out, but I had to have it.

Aaron had no idea what fitting would fit a Holset HX35 (Same as Garrett feed and drain but he didn;t know that), sends me a SAE fitting that totally doesn't work and I ate it.

Why, would anyone buy something from a vendor that doesn't know about your needs, with longer shipping and a markup?

So that's my recommendation. Good luck!
Old 01-21-12, 10:24 PM
ihiryu
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MattStarr
I'm looking for some good recommendations for sites and companies that have a good reputation and good customer service. I was recommended by a CL member to Sewell and RockAuto for replacement and OEM parts but now its time to start adding some performance to my SC. Things like coilovers, racing seats, exhaust systems, ect.

I'm aware that there are thousands of copmanies out there that sell performance parts for our cars but I have trust issues when ordering online. And it seems like all the best sites are ones that are more private and don't come up when you search on Google. Sites like Quantum Auto and Drift Motion.
Well I've got a few connections outside of the vendors. I could probably price some stuff for you, and even get it dropped shipped.
Old 01-22-12, 05:37 PM
313sc3
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2 words. Shop around. Especially on here. Vendors here are willing to beat competitors prices. As for the most known shops you will pay big $$$. I've priced out a set of Megan coilovers at the big shops and they wanted $300 over what vendors were willing to sell me. Btw they were the Ez streets. But anyway shop around. People think because this is the import community they could jack the prices on parts. Go look in a summit racing catalog at the ls swap engine mounts then look at the prices of others for the ls swap into a sc. Huge difference. I'm done ranting. Happy tuning.